Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Interior / Audio / Electronics

Notices

Interior / Audio / Electronics Anything Interior related Including interior electronics

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

"Anti-Theft" System

Interior / Audio / Electronics

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 11-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
wrod7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default "Anti-Theft" System

Hi,

I have a 00 civic, when I first got the car the alarm system was working great, I was able to open the doors with the key to disable the alarm. Then one day I changed the battery of my car, after that I was only able to open the doors with the transmitter (if I opened the doors with the key the alarm will go off). I didnt mind that, The problem I have now is the doors wont open at all with transmitter, so I got a new battery for it then it started working for 2 days, Now my car is parked at work, and cant open the doors with out setting the alarm off. I can open the doors with the key but the alarm goes off and I cant turn the engine on. I was told to take it to a honda dealer but I cant turn the car on. I also have a after market head unit. Any way I can disable the alarm system?

-Thank in advance!
wrod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
BEAR_times
Undeniable

Here's a start. For help with this kinda stuff, PM RonJ.
BEAR_times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
nikdevid

This system used to help protect your vehicle, it's worth investing in the best anti-theft system you can afford. But no anti-theft device is foolproof. Anti-theft devices deter thieves three ways:
1. Physically no thief wants to waste precious time exerting a lot of physical effort.
2. Visually just the sight of an anti-theft device inside a car will put off many thieves.
3. Audibly thieves never want to draw attention to themselves.