Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Interior / Audio / Electronics

Notices

Interior / Audio / Electronics Anything Interior related Including interior electronics

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

How do I remove dome light?

Interior / Audio / Electronics

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 01-03-2007, 01:19 AM   #16
Astheros
AMPhotography

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

i think you might want to get the 4led one...i think the 9led might be the wrong size...i had a 4led on my 96 and 97. unless whoever youre buying from makes ubber small led's
Old 01-03-2007, 02:26 AM   #17
spook4thecia
Who Dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFX
In the rare event this is ever searched for again...

Step one, sit inside car.

Step two, look up at dome light.

Step three, extend arm and reach towards dome light.

Step four, place hand on the clear dome light cover.

Step five, make sure some fingers are on the front edge of the clear dome light cover and some fingers are on the rear edge of the clear dome light cover.

Step six, pinch front and rear edges of dome light cover towards each other.

Step seven, gently pull clear dome light cover away from grey dome light fixture which should stay on the headliner.

Remember if you need to replace your dome light bulb to check what kind of bulb it is. If you are going to buy a replacement in the store bring the old bulb in for comparision. There are two different types of dome light assemblies and thus two different types of dome light bulbs that 6th gen Civics have.
Amy's so thorough.lol.

To the OP, blue LED dome lights aren't incredibly efficient. I have a 2 LED dome bulb and it doesn't light the cabin well, but IMO it looks cool.
CCFGC #14
CCC #2
spook4thecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:32 AM   #18
NOFX
I'm NOT eran!

I used to have a blueish LED in my dome light. I liked it because it made the inside of my car darker... which was good for me. I could still see, but I have light sensitive eyes. Might not work as well for others. And I think it was a 4 LED bulb. Pretty tight too (had to bend the metal in the socket to make it fit).

[OEM 98 Discontinued Rear Lip #0009]
[OEM 98 Discontinued Front Lip #0001]
NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote