Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Notices

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

Lightweight Flywheel + Boost?

Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 01-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #16
AliasNeo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
also, a lighter flywheel helps put more power to the ground. personally, i say upgrade your clutch and flywheel as first mods instead of the ever so popular i/h/e bc you actually make more power with a clutch/flywheel. not actually making more power, but releasing power already within, and alot more than the small gains of a i/h/e
you dont make power from this upgrade.. it frees up energy that was otherwise lost turning the more massive stock flywheel. so energy not lost through the flywheel via the lightened one can be used somewhere else. so yeah you can put more of the engines power to the ground.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #17
stealthy
4 Doors For More Whores

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasNeo
you dont make power from this upgrade.. it frees up energy that was otherwise lost turning the more massive stock flywheel. so energy not lost through the flywheel via the lightened one can be used somewhere else. so yeah you can put more of the engines power to the ground.
miss this part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthy
also, a lighter flywheel helps put more power to the ground. personally, i say upgrade your clutch and flywheel as first mods instead of the ever so popular i/h/e bc you actually make more power with a clutch/flywheel. not actually making more power, but releasing power already within, and alot more than the small gains of a i/h/e
- Eagle H Beam Rods
- Garrett T3/60-1 .63a/r

stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:28 AM   #18
ryan89crx
Spoolin single cam!

if you are going with boost, stay with an 11lb and up flywheel

too light of a flywheel combined with a decent sized turbo will cause you to fall out of boost between shifts due to the loss of rotational mass

Dont be so closed minded. The beaten path isnt always the best one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by si-hatch86
i speak jibberish 90% of the time
ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:59 AM   #19
95civicvx

This thread is so funny to me. With a lightened flywheel you'll notice your rev faster in all gears. But the lighter you go the harder it is to keep your car from bucking at low speeds. the few disadvantages of having a lightened flywheel are out weighed by the advantages if getting your flywheel lightened is what you wanna do. Your motor will rev faster the lighter you go, as will your acceleration increase the lighter you go. If your not serious about having a light ass flywheel, just get 3or 4 lbs shaved off. I had 300zxT 85' that had a 22 lb flywheel shaved to 15.5 thats minus 7.5 lbs and i sure noticed a huge differance expecially with the higher boost settings i was running. I woulda daily driver a car with anything more then 8 lbs less the original weight of the flywheel.
Forgive my coherancy for it is late at night, and im tired.
95civicvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:06 AM   #20
91SiVTEC

i got a 8lb flywheel...its a tiny bit quicker...

its like almost impossible to drive in the snow though!

you will be like crawling for a while...even in second..like damn

maybe i need new tires!

im going ta sleep!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #21
AliasNeo

lol apearently READING>ME. sorry for missing that part haha i guess it just adds to the info