Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

bleeding a clutch

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 01-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
dseriesboi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default bleeding a clutch

wat is the best way to bleed the clutch...ive bleed it for ever and still have no pedal...
Old 01-22-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
JR-Style
Technician

honda's are finiky when it comes to bleeding there clutches, best way to do it is to have two people helping, one person inside the car, one outside, get the person outside the car to (always watch res level) while the person inside pushes the pedal down and as pushing down slowly get the person outside to crack the bleeder, when all the way down, get the person outside to close the bleeder and person inside to lift the pedal up, so open bleeder, pedal down, close bleeder, pedal up, open bleeder, pedal down, close bleeder pedal up etc. this will force fluid constantly through the system without "pumping" to break bubbles into smaller bubbles and harder to get out. shouldnt take long to flush through the whole system, it doesnt hold to much.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
JR-Style
Technician

oh, and if you are having lots of trouble or you only have one person, gravity bleed it, also works, not quite aswell for bleeding the master, but good way to do it when you are alone. just crack the bleeder till its dripping out and keep topping the master res. may have to force bleed if air gets trapped int he master though. (also takes a lot longer)
Old 01-23-2007, 01:13 AM   #4
MANNYBOY23
buy my rims please!!

jeah just go with the 2 person its a lot faster and better i recently had to change the clutch cylender by myslef it took more than 30 min to get some pressure so just do it with somebody else
Old 01-23-2007, 01:26 AM   #5
stealthy
4 Doors For More Whores

the way i do it seems to be a bit different than whats posted above and it always works great for me. so take your choice. get a helper. person inside pumps the pedal, person outside maintains a full fluid level and works the bleeder. if it becomes empty or low, you will have to start all over.

pump the pedal til its hard. put foot on pedal with pressure to put it down (it wont move, bc its too hard). open the bleeder til it all comes out (the pedal will go to the floor). pump the pedal again til it gets hard. and repeat.

rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. do this til all of the air is out. voila.
- Eagle H Beam Rods
- Garrett T3/60-1 .63a/r

Old 01-23-2007, 01:58 AM   #6
dseriesboi

thanks it worked but on the way out of the garage the axle came out idk if im going to get anyluck
Old 01-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
JR-Style
Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthy
the way i do it seems to be a bit different than whats posted above and it always works great for me. so take your choice. get a helper. person inside pumps the pedal, person outside maintains a full fluid level and works the bleeder. if it becomes empty or low, you will have to start all over.

pump the pedal til its hard. put foot on pedal with pressure to put it down (it wont move, bc its too hard). open the bleeder til it all comes out (the pedal will go to the floor). pump the pedal again til it gets hard. and repeat.

rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. do this til all of the air is out. voila.

the only bad thing about this method is it makes big bubbles turn into small bubbles, makes them harder to get out, i normally do it like this on brakes, but for honda clutches i use the other way. but if it worked good for you, who knows, maybe will go good for him too.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:57 PM   #8
stealthy
4 Doors For More Whores

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR-Style
the only bad thing about this method is it makes big bubbles turn into small bubbles, makes them harder to get out, i normally do it like this on brakes, but for honda clutches i use the other way. but if it worked good for you, who knows, maybe will go good for him too.
i see what you are saying. ill try it like that next time and see how it goes
- Eagle H Beam Rods
- Garrett T3/60-1 .63a/r