Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Notices

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

Cold start Idle problem

Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 02-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
slowhatch
torque?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Cold start Idle problem

i've had a bouncy idle for about a month now, thats been getting progressively worse. its only during cold start and i've already replaced the iacv and cleaned out the pcv valve. what else am i missing? i started out by cleaning the original iacv with some carb cleaner and ive been told not to but to use electrical cleaner.. the iacv i replaced it with is from a y8 (my engine is a z6), are the not interchangeable? im also considering replacing my pcv valve with the y8 pcv (since i have the whole y8 im), are they different? its frustrating that ive done 2 things that should've fixed it, replacing the iacv and cleaning the pcv valve (i've also checked for vacuum leaks). help me please!

engine: d16z6 obd1 (obviously) no cel
mods: t3 turbo kit/dsm 450's/missing link
don't type so hard or your trailer might tip over
"...Sometimes the starter whirrs enthusiastically but having been unrewarded by either a spark or a supply of petrol it looses interest and fades into an asthmatic wheeze. Other times it just clicks signifying that, for some reason the battery has forgotten what it is, and is hanging around in the engine bay imagining that it might be a hammer or a fighter plane. " -Clarkson
slowhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
slowhatch
torque?

bump for some help
"...Sometimes the starter whirrs enthusiastically but having been unrewarded by either a spark or a supply of petrol it looses interest and fades into an asthmatic wheeze. Other times it just clicks signifying that, for some reason the battery has forgotten what it is, and is hanging around in the engine bay imagining that it might be a hammer or a fighter plane. " -Clarkson
Old 02-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
JAPDOMMOT
I'M WATCHING YOU...

Mine Was Doing The Samething I Unplugged The Map It Idled A Little High When Cold Then Idled Normal Check Your Coolant And Battery
Old 02-12-2007, 06:01 PM   #4
jason_guy_yeah

What did you use to check for a vacum leak? And go get a new iacv from autozone or from honda. Unplug your MAP sensor for a moment and post up your results.
jason_guy_yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
JAPDOMMOT
I'M WATCHING YOU...

My Iacv Was $117 From Acura With Discount
Old 02-12-2007, 06:45 PM   #6
lilwhitecoupe
Ricer

i would go to honda personally, i trust the oem parts more for things like that... autozone could work though
lilwhitecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
guwakjai010
Dr Tai tai

i had the SAME problem a year ago... everyone says IACV and crap but the IACV only controls when ur car is warmed up and idling... but when your car is warming up, you actually have the FITV controlling the idle. theres a lil plastic screw thing in it that gets loose over time and u need to open the FITV and just tighten the screw, They say its not recommended to open it instead u should replace it but couple people i know opened it including me and fixed the problem.
guwakjai010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:19 PM   #8
guwakjai010
Dr Tai tai

also if u don't kno where the FITV is.... heres a link with pictures and labels... like i said... its MOSTLIKELY your FITV http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showt...highlight=fitv
The Following User Says Thank You to guwakjai010 For This Useful Post:
esebanester (03-02-2014)
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 PM   #9
slowhatch
torque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guwakjai010
also if u don't kno where the FITV is.... heres a link with pictures and labels... like i said... its MOSTLIKELY your FITV http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showt...highlight=fitv
wow you are a life saver. thank you very much!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:51 PM   #10
guwakjai010
Dr Tai tai

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowhatch
wow you are a life saver. thank you very much!
heh NP just let me kno if it worked for you.