Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Generations Tech > 7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)

Notices

7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005) 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 honda civic coupe, sedan, hatchback si

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

Aiming my 7th gen Headlights.

7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 03-14-2007, 11:40 PM   #1
Kaotic_Zeus
Most hated man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Aiming my 7th gen Headlights.

I need help adjusting my stock 04-05 headlight, i want to know how to aim side to side on the drivers side, i already found how to Aim them up and down. I used a philips screw driver for it on the adjusting screw right next to the power steering pump, but i want to bring the aim the driver's side more to the left, for better visibility. because it's hard to see stuff on the left sometimes at night.

And yeah i know you're supposed to have the drivers side headlight aimed more to the right but it's just not as good as my dad's 93 accord.

So if anyone has a diagram or anything that would be great.
Kaotic_Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:27 AM   #2
Kaotic_Zeus
Most hated man

Nobody can help me? (
Old 03-20-2007, 05:14 AM   #3
Kaotic_Zeus
Most hated man

Anyone...? i'm sure they're the same as the 01-03 headlights

...Do i really have to buy a service manual ?(if aligning it is in there to start with)
Old 03-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
2k1em2

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/7-...eadlights.html

scroll down to the 3rd post. I hope this helps. If not, there is a ton of information out there, so just search around on 7thgencivic.com
2k1em2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
Kaotic_Zeus
Most hated man

Thanks man! atleast it's something! but i wonder if there's another adjustment screw on the 04-05's to aim the beam sideways. i can't find it.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
gearbox

youre not supposed to adjust the left/right aim. theres a technical reason but i forget. it wont do anything anyway. and alot of headlights dont even have that adjustment. the ones that do (sedans) have the gear covered with a plastic shield.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:24 PM   #7
Kaotic_Zeus
Most hated man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox
youre not supposed to adjust the left/right aim. theres a technical reason but i forget. it wont do anything anyway. and alot of headlights dont even have that adjustment. the ones that do (sedans) have the gear covered with a plastic shield.
Exactly what i was thinking. but i believe the 04-05 all have the same headlight assembly. I just wish the drivers side would look a little bit more to the left, even though i know it's supposed to be aimed slightly to the right, so you dont blind the on coming drivers. but it feels like the driver's side beam is just not lighting the road for me enough sometimes. Making the beam higher helped a bit. i'm gonna check out other 7th gens to see if the beam is aimed like mine.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:03 AM   #8
gearbox

time to upgrade the bulbs maybe? these are philips vision plus (+50) and there is alot of light for me. this pic is 01-03 stock housing. the 04-05 have better optics and should have an even brighter beam. i passed one before and could tell the difference.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #9
Kaotic_Zeus
Most hated man

I'm using 9006 Silverstar Ultras(love them!). Yeah i just know the Lighting could be so much better if they could be aimed better!

I thought you had Projectors Gearbox?

btw since you know a lot about Headlights. What's the closest i can get to getting some replacements for my silverstars when they burn out without having to go broke? because i had the original silverstars before and they blew within a year but got like 10 bucks off the ultras (supposebly they last longer but have no idea how longer...) those philips look pretty good too.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:19 AM   #10
gearbox

i switched back to stock lights, other hid ones broke and im selling now. but yeah stick with the clear bulb for most light. any clear +50 bulb is good, there are others too and a new philips with a small coating on the tip thats supposed to be a +80. i like all clear tho. check www.autolamps-online.com

if you want to take the headlight off, you can look for the gear if you have it and remove the plastic cover so you can adjust it. see here its the one off to the bottom with the white capsule over it. for 01-03 tho, dont know about 04-05

Old 03-21-2007, 12:25 AM   #11
Kaotic_Zeus
Most hated man

Yeah i found the little gear. But that's to aim it up or down with a screwdriver. and if you're saying removing the cover off the actual headlight and saying there's another screw to align them, then i don't think i want to go through the trouble. I feel like i might f up something.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:33 AM   #12
gearbox

no not the arrow one, its the one on the bottom right corner in the pic, that has a white plastic piece on it.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:49 AM   #13
Kaotic_Zeus
Most hated man

Ohhhh Alright, thanks man, i will try to find that one sometime tonight, without removing the headlight.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:53 AM   #14
gearbox

i looked up a pic on ebay, and i only see one gear in the middle. maybe if you get the passwordjdm ones they will have two adjusters
Old 03-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #15
Kaotic_Zeus
Most hated man

Damn forgot to check, i washed her and did everything today too, lol