Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension

Notices

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

1999/2000 OEM SI Rear Sway Bar Questions

Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 04-05-2007, 03:58 AM   #1
JohnS.
BANGARANG

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default 1999/2000 OEM SI Rear Sway Bar Questions

So I searched and I just want to confirm some information I've read. I have a 99 EX coupe and I'm aware that the LCA's should be pre-drilled and ready for an OEM sway bar to be bolted up to it.

I'm also aware that I'll need the bar, D brackets, SI endlinks (NOT gsr) and the various washers and bolts.

My questions are:
1) Would someone care to further explain everything I need in detail? Pictures would be even better than words.

2) Maybe I'm just absolutely retarded but what are the D brackets? In some threads I found, certain D brackets only worked with certain applications. I don't want to be stuck with the wrong hardware.

3) Anything else I should know before buying and installing? I don't plan on hardcore track/auto-x so I do not want an ITR/CTR/aftermarket 22mm+ sway bar nor do I want/need an ASR brace.

New to ClubCivic? Click Me!!!

JohnS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:08 AM   #2
Sammo115
It be me, Sammo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

1: I think you already know everything you need.

2: Dlink or D brackets are the brackets that goes over the bushing and holds the bar to the frame also for the applications, just get the oem brackets that would fit the bushings. say u go with the Si sway, get the brackets from an Si .........dur lol

3: You should be all good.

Good luck brudda, hope this helps
Sammo115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
JohnS.
BANGARANG

Thanks .

I just wanted to double check to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I always like to be ahead of myself before going about things.

And now too bad I'll be getting replies over on H-T from people saying that just a sway bar will make no difference at all. Someone already did so .

Old 04-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #4
Evan.
iTrader EVERYthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by amej8
And now too bad I'll be getting replies over on H-T from people saying that just a sway bar will make no difference at all. Someone already did so .

LOL I just checked your H-T thread, thats PEARLelectron from here, who got banned for fighting.

si does make a difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by projektej8 View Post
mine is genuine Mugen I got it from Sk8shorty on here. He's Baller. Theyre hella expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98civb18c View Post
$80 is cheap, considering its been handled by the modern day jesus himself, Sk8shorty. GLWS lawl.
Evan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:05 PM   #5
JohnS.
BANGARANG

Ahhhh sk8 I was hoping you'd step in . And yeah H-T just...wow. But whatever. I know it does, especially from personally driving a car so nothing no one will say can and will change my desire of wanting one.

Now that you're here, I was actually going to PM you but I figured I'd ask in the thread as a side question. I recall that you already stated this before but couldn't find the post under your username. But what size drill bit did you use to install the OEM SI front strut bar? And what size/length nuts? I want one of those too.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
Evan.
iTrader EVERYthing

Quote:
Ahhhh sk8 I was hoping you'd step in . And yeah H-T just...wow. But whatever. I know it does, especially from personally driving a car so nothing no one will say can and will change my desire of wanting one.

Now that you're here, I was actually going to PM you but I figured I'd ask in the thread as a side question. I recall that you already stated this before but couldn't find the post under your username. But what size drill bit did you use to install the OEM SI front strut bar? And what size/length nuts? I want one of those too.
Well, I dont remember the size off hand. I believe what I did was just take the largest size drill bit that fit through the holes on the si bar, lined up the bar and drilled... I think theres engraved parts on the chassis too (so you know where to drill). Then when all four holes where drilled, your ready for some mad bolt action. I just put a bolt up (from the wheel well - you may have to take a tire off) and then put a nut on it (on the si bar side). I think I also used some lock washers. Did that for all four and tightened em up. Hope that helps.
Quote:
mine is genuine Mugen I got it from Sk8shorty on here. He's Baller. Theyre hella expensive
Quote:
$80 is cheap, considering its been handled by the modern day jesus himself, Sk8shorty. GLWS lawl.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:12 PM   #7
JohnS.
BANGARANG

Yeah I'm aware there are dimples on the shock tower to show where to drill. thanks mang.

But getting back on topic, is there anything else I'm missing? I know I should probably also go with a poly bushing set for the sway but that's just a lot of money for a few pieces of polyurethane. Perhaps in the future.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #8
Evan.
iTrader EVERYthing

Quote:
Yeah I'm aware there are dimples on the shock tower to show where to drill. thanks mang.

But getting back on topic, is there anything else I'm missing? I know I should probably also go with a poly bushing set for the sway but that's just a lot of money for a few pieces of polyurethane. Perhaps in the future.
Nah bro your fine. Haha you always seem to get so nervous when it comes down to doing stuff to your car. Dont be. Dont get me wrong, we are here to help, you have to be a strapping young lad yourself
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-05-2007, 12:19 PM   #9
JohnS.
BANGARANG

Well it's not that I'm nervous, I just like double checking with other people that actually know about the stuff I want before going about it. Just being cautious . Thanks again.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #10
Sammo115
It be me, Sammo

Dang, I didnt know u needed to drill holes...i thought the oem lcas already had'em haha.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:19 PM   #11
Evan.
iTrader EVERYthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRdevelopment
Dang, I didnt know u needed to drill holes...i thought the oem lcas already had'em haha.
They do
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #12
Sammo115
It be me, Sammo

then whats with all the drilling for again? i dont understand when i read through what u guys said when u said something about that.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #13
Evan.
iTrader EVERYthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRdevelopment
then whats with all the drilling for again? i dont understand when i read through what u guys said when u said something about that.
we were referring to the OEM si FRONT strut tower bar. On non-si models, you have to drill through the strut tower in order to secure it.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #14
JohnS.
BANGARANG

Yep yep. But lucky for us, there are dimples that are put there already for you so you know exactly where to drill .

And you also do have to drill the LCA's or swap them out on certain models don't you? I just can't remember which (just woke up from a 2 hour nap).

Old 04-05-2007, 11:00 PM   #15
Evan.
iTrader EVERYthing

Quote:
And you also do have to drill the LCA's or swap them out on certain models don't you? I just can't remember which (just woke up from a 2 hour nap).
nope, shouldnt have to drill / swap for any of the models
Quote:
Quote: