Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

rough idle, poor mpg, distributor cap loose...

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 01-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
Mehcanic79

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Exclamation rough idle, poor mpg, distributor cap loose...

I, for the second time, have found my distributor cap loose. It's on tight, but not "tight enough".
I track my MPG and any mods I do. I noticed my MPG slipping and the idle getting rougher.
(This was over 14 months time, 22,000 miles and Minnesota climate change.... so it's sometimes hard to track consistent MPG.)

To fix this, once and for all, I went to the hardware store and bought stainless steel bolts, washers and lock nuts for the distributor cap. I then cleaned all the carbon build up off the cap and rotor contacts.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 01-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Raabe
Hell yea I suck toes!

sure hasnt lol
Old 01-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
xxsenceo89x
aka superman

get a new cap n rotor. it might to the trick. mine cap was grinded down from doing 80 thousand miles

11second turboD16 attempt 2...
Cheap, Fast and reliable.. I got all 3