Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

Code 14 iacv

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
Finding Nismo

Default Code 14 iacv

I need to replace or clean my iacv, does anyone know if the iacv from a jdm d15b vtec interchanges with the iacv from a d15b7? I know the iacv froma z6 fits but I have a b7 intake complete left over from my swap(read:free parts for me).

This was answered on another forum. The answer s no.flat no.widebody jdm no.v-tec,no.

Last edited by Finding Nismo; 08-24-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: answered elsewhere
Old 08-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
AlexM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finding Nismo View Post
I need to replace or clean my iacv, does anyone know if the iacv from a jdm d15b vtec interchanges with the iacv from a d15b7? I know the iacv froma z6 fits but I have a b7 intake complete left over from my swap(read:free parts for me).

This was answered on another forum. The answer s no.flat no.widebody jdm no.v-tec,no.
If you got them both, just see if it fits. I cleaned mine because I was throwing that code, but I still throw it, accept there's none of the symptoms I had before. I've kind of just forgot about it for the time being.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Finding Nismo

yeah, there's a drastic physical difference in the two parts. I just wanted to be able to clean the b7 one and then install in the vtec without much downtime.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
AlexM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finding Nismo View Post
yeah, there's a drastic physical difference in the two parts. I just wanted to be able to clean the b7 one and then install in the vtec without much downtime.
Clean the one that originally came with your motor. If that doesn't work, then find an exact replacement. Keep in mind it doesn't have to be new, because those are cash money. As long as you get it from a motor that doesn't throw that code, you should be dandy.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #5
Finding Nismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
Clean the one that originally came with your motor. If that doesn't work, then find an exact replacement. Keep in mind it doesn't have to be new, because those are cash money. As long as you get it from a motor that doesn't throw that code, you should be dandy.
Well the whole point for me is minimal down time. It's my only dd and I live in an apartment, so I'm not really afforded much time to have the hood up before the parking lot Gestapo starts passing out $25 tickets.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
AlexM

Ok, so which do you have? If you can make a custom mounting plate so the screws line up, it should work. I was going to do that with a b18b1 IACV but if I made a custom mounting plate so the screw holes would line up, then the electrical plug was blocked.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
Finding Nismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post
Ok, so which do you have?
both, and I thank everyone that views this and has a response, but it is solved
Old 01-30-2009, 11:43 PM   #8
wdworkman

how did you fix it
Old 01-30-2009, 11:50 PM   #9
Finding Nismo

I replaced the IACV with a new one, but I'm still throwing the code, so that isn't solved. I've given up on chasing it down, cause I'm not gonna hit the track anytime soon, and fuel mileage is still 30+ city. That's prolly no help to yu tho sorry.
[edit] I took time last night to check it again and did some research. Found this posted on another board http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-ma...5-civic-37845/
That fixed it for me. No more code, no more CEL, now to turn my idle down.

Last edited by Finding Nismo; 01-31-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Seriuosly fixed it!