I am hoping someone here will know a little more about my car than I do. Here's the situation: My car won't start.
Ok, so that is vague, here are the facts that I know:
CAR: 1997 Honda Civic DX - no mods that I can tell
1) Car won't start.
2) After poking around, I noticed there was no oil. Yet there are no oil stains anywhere where I usually park.
3) Put in 5Qts of oil.
4) Car still won't start.
5) Unhooked battery for 10 min to see if it would reset any computer related items.
6) Car won't start.
5) Tested to see if gas was being pumped. I can confirm it is getting to the intake manifold.
6) Tested to see if the spark plugs work. From the timing belt, I was able to get the 2nd and 3rd spark plugs out. Both have a nice blue spark on them.
7) Tested to see if pressure was happening in where the spark plugs live. From the timing belt, spark plug #1 was untested; spark plug #2 had 140psi; spark plug #3 had 120psi; spark plug #4 was untested.
Other than that, the car tries to turn over, but never starts. I have noticed that all other electronic equipment in the car works fine (all lights, windows, etc.) I have heard rumors that if the oil gets to low, like in my case it was bone dry, there is a sensor that tells the car not to start. Has anyone heard of that before? I have also heard that perhaps the car's computer needs to be restarted or reset.
Does anyone know where I should go from here? I'm open to most ideas. However, I am trying desperately to not go to the mechanic.