Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Interior / Audio / Electronics

Notices

Interior / Audio / Electronics Anything Interior related Including interior electronics

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

how to remove rear seats?

Interior / Audio / Electronics

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
DhN

Default how to remove rear seats?

im tryin to finish my turbo setup and i need to put in my fuel pump but i cant remove the rea seats. the manual is s***ty and to general as usual..any help is appreciated thanks
DhN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
one6
Shorts and Sandals FTW!

What kind of 5h gen do you have?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
DhN

oops sorry..i have a 92 cx hatch
DhN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
henkz0r
Unobtanium Member

You don't need to remove the seat back, but it's easier for locating the 10mm bolt the first time:

Fold down the driver's side rear seat back.
Push towards the outside of the car.
The inside portion should come free of the seat back, and allow you to pull the seat back all the way out.

There is a single 10mm bolt at the rear of the seat bottom that is now exposed. Remove it.
The seat bottom will hinge forward; lift it straight up, and then hinge it back again. Should come out.

The last part is kind of tricky the first time. It's not bolted in or anything, there are just some S-curved hooks that are in slots at the front of the seat bottom.

1992 Honda Civic CX
D16Z6 10.54:1 138 whp @ 7,400 rpm, 107 lbft @ 4,800 rpm - 32mpg
--> Dyno Sheet <--
Crower Stage 3, 3-angle valve job

1994 Honda Civic EX Coupe - RIP - Last Shoot
henkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
one6
Shorts and Sandals FTW!

If you dont have an amp screwed into the back seats, I find it easier to remove the seat backs first, it makes hunting for those 10mm and taking out the rest easier. The best way i can describe to manage the S-hooks is pull the seat towards you, then as you lift push way from you, then bring it back towards you and it will come out. The 1st time's always the hardest. Once you figure it out, it's one of the simplest things to take apart.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
neo137

Default remove back seat civic 95, with pictures!

Hi guys: you don't need to remove back rest or unhook battery or anything else. Just need a 10mm wrench with extension to reach the little 10mm bolt with is just right of center oft he back of the seat. Unscrew, remove then pull upon the back of the seat, pull it towards you and the hooks at the front will just pull straight out.
See pretty pictures, if I'm not being clear.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/seatup.jpg/ image seat up with wrench in place .

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...renchused.jpg/ wrench used and bolt you're removing

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...tlocation.jpg/ showing location of bolt again.

Last edited by neo137; 06-10-2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: URL's for images added
neo137 is offline   Reply With Quote