- Y8 EX head (should have it cleaned (any suggestions how?))
- Y8 EX manifold?
- New ecu (read something about a P28 I think? Any suggestions or corrections to this?)
- Replacement Head Gasket
- Replacement head bolts
Ok, I also read that I would need to get:
- VTEC controller and solenoid --> Is this correct and what are they?
As you can see I am little bit of a noob in this area. Anyways, I do understand that some splicing may be required as well as some brackets for the Throttle Body. Oh, another question:
- Would there be any benefit from replacing the Y7 throttle body with the Y8 throttle body?
Now, while I am in there doing this work, I would like to replace the pistons and cam if possible.
- Would I see any benefits from doing this?
- If so, how do I know which pistons and cams would be right for my setup?
Ok, again, I have spent a number of hours researching this and these are my remaining questions. To include all my info, I have a 97 Civic DX with the D16Y7 with no mods. I do not plan on doing an engine swap, turbo, fart can or any other extensive mods. Why, like I said above, little money, not keeping car that long and this is a challenge I would like to adventure into. Thanks