Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

Diagnostic code po134 o2 sensor? Civic EX 04

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
lewisocala

Default Diagnostic code po134 o2 sensor? Civic EX 04

Being that i am currently jobless i could really use some help with figuring out what part i need.

Discount auto gave me a quote for 1 @ 260.00$ which seemed really expensive, maybe it is?

my first question , is this the sensor by the catalytic converter? or the one by the manifiold?

second i have been looking up prices online and 260 seems way too much any suggestions on another site? I dont want the universal one , i just want one that plugs in and unplugs, i dont want to worry about stripping wires.

Thanks guys , let me know if you need any more information! I really appreciate any help i can get.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
Renzo21
Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...

Well for one, unless you have a scanner or volt meter, you won't be able to know which O2 sensor it is unless the code specifies (which I don't think they do) because you need to see which one's voltage isn't changing or one isn't getting any voltage at all...
Old 04-13-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
Renzo21
Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...

by the way that does sound pretty expensive.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #4
lewisocala

thanks bro, guess that explains why he said that this may or may not solve the problem, so should i just get one and hope that solves it?

I was looking online but there are so many diffrent kinds.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
Renzo21
Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...

Well that would be cheaper than buying a volt meter. Maybe someone you know has a volt meter that you could borrow or something. I sure wouldn't want to pay for two especially when they were that expensive. I can't remember the connectors for both sensors the same kind of connectors. If so just get the longer of the two and use it for both. See which one works...
Old 04-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
Renzo21
Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...

Great news man, just looked it up on my manuals. It's sensor 1, which is (I think) the sensor closest to the manifold. Good luck man...
Old 04-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
Chris.
Stickin' it to the man

first off... what mods do you have done to the car.?

and the code is for the sensor 1 which is the one before the cat.

and www.hondaautomotiveparts.com has the sensor for 208 plus shipping. and thats for a factory sensor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ6Civic27
No way its stock...its gotta be boosted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank24
Ridin' with no tint so the motherf***ers know it's me
bng b0ng : I don't understand teh online talk, "fit = couch".
bng b0ng : care to elaborate?
DANK : no
bng b0ng : lol alright, thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
eskateboarding7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo21 View Post
Well that would be cheaper than buying a volt meter. Maybe someone you know has a volt meter that you could borrow or something. I sure wouldn't want to pay for two especially when they were that expensive. I can't remember the connectors for both sensors the same kind of connectors. If so just get the longer of the two and use it for both. See which one works...
A volt meter or DMM is DEFINTELY way cheaper than buying a sensor....
Old 04-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
stoney13

if your anywhere near Kansas City I can take you to my buddies shop and hook up his OBD2 scanner and it will tell you everything.