Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

D15B7 with a D16Y8 head

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 04-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
rsal22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Cool D15B7 with a D16Y8 head

First off i am brand new on this. Well i currently have a 92 LX 4 door with a fully rebuilt D15B7 that is bored .20 over and has a T3/T4 Hybrid turbo kit (yes from ebay) running 10 psi. Ive had this car since April of 2008 and have never had any problems. But i wanna get faster but keep it single cam. And i was wonderin how it would be if swapped a D16Y8 head thats fully built and with a cam onto it an run 13 psi. Is this a good idea to do? Wat do i need to do it?
Old 04-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
sohclubkid
Sick 6/6

get a Z6 head... it flows better than the Y8. and id recommend a crower turbo cam or the zex cam.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
Chris.
Stickin' it to the man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsal22 View Post
First off i am brand new on this. Well i currently have a 92 LX 4 door with a fully rebuilt D15B7 that is bored .20 over and has a T3/T4 Hybrid turbo kit (yes from ebay) running 10 psi. Ive had this car since April of 2008 and have never had any problems. But i wanna get faster but keep it single cam. And i was wonderin how it would be if swapped a D16Y8 head thats fully built and with a cam onto it an run 13 psi. Is this a good idea to do? Wat do i need to do it?
if your getting this head for cheap i dont see why not... but know this.. you will need a complete retune. your compression will be higher...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ6Civic27
No way its stock...its gotta be boosted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank24
Ridin' with no tint so the motherf***ers know it's me
bng b0ng : I don't understand teh online talk, "fit = couch".
bng b0ng : care to elaborate?
DANK : no
bng b0ng : lol alright, thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
CivicMafia

I have a Z6 head on my d15b7

You dont really notice any difference untill higher rpms But if i was you when you get the head replace Cam dizzy etc with "non-ebay" items, your choice on name brands im not going to suggest those

But you need to get the p28 ECu, Chip it and get a re-tune before u do any major driving
Old 04-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
j0keefe21

yea i have a b15b7 with a z6 head also. its alright. main difference is where the b7 head craps out of power at like 5500 the z6 keeps going till like 7k. id say its a good ~20 hp bolt on.