Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Notices

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

crankshaft position sensor... where is it located???

Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 06-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
missle10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default crankshaft position sensor... where is it located???

I have a Honda civic ex 1997 and I cannot find the crankshaft position sensor... I have no clue where it is at.
I need to replace it because a mechanic said it was the problem and i dont want to pay someone for something i can install myself.
so can anyone help me out? its a D16Y8 engine with vtec.
missle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
missle10

!
missle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
civic hatch

if im right you have to remove the crank pully, remove the lower timing blet cover and you should see it on the crank.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
Szady
D-Series Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Take the crank pulley off, remove the lower timing cover, and its bolted to the oil pump housing by 1, 10mm bolt.
Szady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
jlicrx

the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) on the D16Y8 is inside the distributor - the sensor on the front of the crankshaft behind the pulley is the Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation Sensor (CKF) - not the same thing