Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

plug wire keeps popping up

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
slod16

Default plug wire keeps popping up

my spark plug wire keeps on pupping up on my number 3 cylinder the plug is real tight ne 1 knos what causes this?in will it be a bad idea to seafoam through my booster with 171000 miles on my motor i kno the person befor me took it to wal mert for there fuel cleaning through the booster so i figure this wouldnt hurt but not sure if seafoam is more powerful
Old 09-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
RonJ

Probably a bad/leaking spark plug tube seal in the valve cover. This also suggests high crankcase pressure, which may be due to bad piston rings. Are you burning oil?
Old 09-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
slod16

no im not burning oil in its runnin alrite i just cant get it to stay tight but it stays on the plug
Old 09-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
RonJ

Is there some engine oil on the end of #3 plug wire that pops up? If so, replace the valve cover seals for the plug tubes and the plug wires. Again, this may be a sign of high crankcase pressure caused by blow-by gas.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
slod16

yeah i checked for that in i replaced them the other day in its burnt at the bottom