Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Notices

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

B series AutoTransmission

Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 09-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Ctrl_Alt_Del

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default B series AutoTransmission

does B-series (b16/b18/b20) auto trans came with acceleration/kickdown cable?
to control the rpm, when the gear kick down, the rpm jump high..

old D-series have one of this kickdown cable, near the ATF oil stick..
something like this :

does b series have it? what type of B ?
or it doesnt exist in B ?

because my A/T doesnt have one, its only have some like big vaccum thing, and have 4 selenoid on it (like vtec selenoid) what are they used to?

does anyone have pic of B auto with this kickdown cable ?

thx
Ctrl_Alt_Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
NFR_AP2

wat
NFR_AP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
Dannyloski

Yes, Hydro Automatic B-Series Transmissions have it. If you dont have it, then that Auto Transmission is a Cable Transmission, such as that off a 90-91 Integra LS.

You will find this throttle cable in all OBD1 & OBD2 B18A/B and B20 Automatic Transmissions. It is also available in the JDM Automatic B16A & GSR Transmissions.

Here's a picture of my JDM Automatic B16A LSD Transmission (off a JDM EG6 Civic SiR-II) with that throttle cable ... The cable mounts to the Throttle Body.

Before Cleaning & Paint (click to enlarge):

Dannyloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
Ctrl_Alt_Del

wow thx a lot..
my AT doesnt have it..
how can i adjust my throttle if i dont have it?
(for b20 engine and AT)
Old 09-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
Dannyloski

I believe its controlled through the Vacuum or maybe the Solenoids? No idea, but if it doesnt have it then you cant adjust it, it should do it by itself - at least that's what I would guess.

I know my brother's 90 Automatic Integra LS does not have a Kickdown Cable on his Transmission. What B-Series Transmission are you running and what year is it?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:38 AM   #6
Ctrl_Alt_Del

what year? i dont know.. just got it from junkyard..

yes, trottle cable connect to the trottle body, if its vacuum, its connect to where?

your brothers auto integra ls uses control unit for tranny?

Old 09-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #7
Dannyloski

Well what car did your Auto Tranny get pulled out of from in the Junkyard? Is it a B18 (LS) Tranny or B20?

The Vacuum Valve on the Auto LS Transmission on my brother's Automatic 90 Integra gets connected to the Intake Manifold.

He does have a TCU (Tranmission Control Unit), all 90-01 Integras do. His is located under the Driver's Side of the Dash, that's where 90-93 Integras have it.

Labeled "ATCU" in the picture below:

Old 09-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
Ctrl_Alt_Del

totaly no idea where my AT came from
so my AT need a control unit ?

how about the AT with throttle cable? does it need a control unit?
which AT that doesn't need a control unit?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #9
Dannyloski

Like I said, all 90-01Auto Integras have a Tranny Control Unit (at least in the USA), same goes for the Auto B20 Trannies.

I know my JDM B16 Tranny out of the EG6 SiR-II doesnt use a TCU. The OBD1 Auto P30 ECU controls the engine and tranny. I dont think any Auto B-Series USDM Trannies can be used unless you wire in the TCU, which I heard is a b**** and never even tried it so cant help you there.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:44 AM   #10
Bacon117

Sorry for kicking up an old thread, but this is one of the only threads I can find that is close to helping me.

I'm replacing the auto trans on my 97 LX 1.6L. The junkyard gave me a trans from a 2000 civic, and it looks like it should bolt up, but it's missing some things. The 2000 trans doesn't have a countershaft speed sensor, and it has a mechanical kickdown lever (looks like the throttle connection). The one in the 97 has an electronic kickdown, or vacuum kickdown. Probably some other differences as well...

So I need to find the right transmission. What do I need to look for on the transmission to make sure I get the right one? Hopefully, it's obvious by looking to see if it doesn't have the mechanical kickdown, and has the right sensors. What else? A24A, S24A? Just match that number on the one in the car?

Seems like this should be obvious, but the junkyard didn't get the interchangeability correct, so I just want to be 100% sure.

Thanks for any insight!
Bacon117 is offline   Reply With Quote