Our website family:  ClubCivic.com - ClubIntegra.com - TunerSports.com

SEARCH: Forums | Parts
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic.com, a forum dedicated to the Honda Civic, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will intitle you to other site features including access to post your Honda Civic in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Questions about XTD Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
Trowa3909

Question Questions about XTD Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel

I was wondering if anyone has and info on these "XTD" clutchs, My friend has a stage 3 in his prelude and he says that it runs just fine and hasn't ever had a problem with it and he said he can notice a small differene. I just didn't know if they are worth it or not. Here is the link to the clutch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XTD-S...Q5fAccessories

And second, I found this "Fidanza" flywheel. I didn't know if it was any good either, It looks like the best I can find right now since I don't have lots of cash. So please give me some feedback on what you guys think if you have any of this and if its a good idea for now. And here is the link to the flywheel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 01-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
2slo4u
wait4me

what is your reason on buying these? what motor mods do you have?
stock flywheels are best, if you plan on changing ur clutch just get your flywheel resurfaced

as for the clutch..XTD clutches are ok, my cousin has a stage two on and never has had a problem
Old 01-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
frankmoocivic
I <3 ROXY

I have a stage two XTD clutch and a stock flywheel and it's fine. Nothing spectacular.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
hardcore97
Hard Core

i also have an xtd stage 2. no problems at all. been on for 2 years now
Old 01-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
whoopnip
Some Delicious Guy

The main problems I've heard with XTD clutches are with the stage 1, but stage 2 is the highest I'd go with stock power. Not really any point of going higher.

I don't see much of a point of upgrading it though, unless you put some more power behind that hood.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #6
PhntmSk8r
H23VTEC

After having a cheap ass clutch (xtd) and going to a good clutch (exedy), along with driving other cars with good name brand clutches (comp, clutch masters, etc.) its a night and day difference.

The XTD clutch setup is garbage IMO. Inconsistent pedal feel, generally weak, etc. I'd personally never put one in my car again, was the biggest waste of money ever. Save some extra $$$ and get a good clutch, an exedy OEM replacement is going to hold up better than a XTD stage 2.

As far as the fidanza, i've liked mine minus the fact its 100% aluminum. Top hat bolts for the pressure plate tend to strip out fairly easily and its a PITA to get them torqued to spec without stripping them. Especially after the setup has been taken apart a couple of times.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
got traction
i rock the sohc

If you have the option to stick with a stock flywheel i would do that. Fidanza flywheels have had a reputation for not being balanced correctly which causes major problems. If you car isnt really laying down that much power and you want a performance clutch with good feel thats not hard on the legs look into a centerforce duel friction. That clutch in my car was good to about 200ft lbs of torque.

7.91@ 196 - Outlaw B series | 9.49 @ 157.3 - Vitara D16 (retired) | 9.81@ 137 Street AM K series 8.46@ 178 - SFWD B series

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcivicls95 View Post
Yes. Im going to go buy back one of the cars i've built and drive to your s***hole to spank your single cam ass................NOT!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:12 AM   #8
Trowa3909

Alright well I was looking at ACT clutch and flywheels today, for the one I want it would be around 790.00 with shipping. I really don't want to spend that kinda money right now because I don't have that much. Anyone know where I can get good parts for a bit less??