Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

Squeaky front end

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 03-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
mikedeasyidk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Squeaky front end

I have had this very annoying squeak in my front end since I have gotten my car, I thought it was only heard inside the cabin but I rolled down my window today because it was nice and then I realized it was actually pretty loud and can be heard while I'm driving. It sounds like its coming from somewhere near the right fender, I was wondering if this was a civic problem or if I'm alone on this one?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
ReGGaeKiinG

Nope. I got it too. I have a major squeek in my left fender, & left quarter..also when i turn my steering wheel from side to side, there is a VERY LOUD squeeking noise. I've been told its my steering column, but im not sure.. : (

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=181347
Old 03-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
jerk334
Hearts my SOHC

rack and pinion/ lower ball joints. there is one of your culprits
MY SALE THREAD: UPDATED July 2012Turbo, Dseries,Bseries,Misc Parts

97 EJ8-Totaled 97 EJ8-DD 97 EJ8-Saved from rice field
Old 03-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
mikedeasyidk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerk334 View Post
rack and pinion/ lower ball joints. there is one of your culprits
You think I can just cover them in WD-40 and it will fix it haha?
Old 03-09-2010, 06:18 PM   #5
civicSIcoupe
All Day, Every Day

lol you need to replace stuff most likely. have your upper and lower ball joints checked. also for the turning the wheels, if it gets worse while doing that, it can be anything with your steering column/ rack and pinion really. for the rear noise its probably your trailing arm bushings

Old 03-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #6
ReGGaeKiinG

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicSIcoupe View Post
lol you need to replace stuff most likely. have your upper and lower ball joints checked. also for the turning the wheels, if it gets worse while doing that, it can be anything with your steering column/ rack and pinion really. for the rear noise its probably your trailing arm bushings
word. thxs man. ima check em out when i change my oil.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=181347
Old 03-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #7
civicSIcoupe
All Day, Every Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReGGaeKiinG View Post
word. thxs man. ima check em out when i change my oil.
no problem,keep your eyes out for any bushings that look cracked or anything and replace them. one way to pinpoint the squeaking is by jacking each wheel up one at a time, and using a pry bar and prying up and dont underneath the wheel. if you get squeaking then its probably either a balljoint(front) or your trailing arm bushing (rear). also check for any play in your tie rods and bearings by shaking the wheel from side to side (for tie rods) and up and down (for bearings), do this when you jack up one wheel at a time