Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

Input Shaft Bearing

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 03-31-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
mss8rc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Input Shaft Bearing

Here's my problem: I have a stock D15B7 with manual transmission that has 250,000 miles on it. The transmission is 100% orginal. I have a bad input shaft bearing (sounds like metal grinding or spinning when the clutch pedal is out and goes away when I push the clutch pedal in). Should I replace the input shaft bearing or should I wait until the transmission dies and just replace the whole tranny? I don't know if I am fully capable of replacing an input shaft bearing because I've never really taken apart the tranny before. From what I understand on other posts, when I do the input shaft bearing...it is probably a smart idea to replace the clutch and other bearings as well (which I can't really afford). I am pretty mechanically inclined though (I've done everything else that has ever gone wrong with my car).
Old 03-31-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
RonJ
Banned

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Start shopping for a replacement tranny.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
x23Curtis23x

x2 and when u go to get a new tranny get one from an ex or si there better imo
Old 07-23-2010, 04:42 AM   #4
95exb18

ok so when the clutch is out and makes a grinding noise its the imput shaft bearing and when you push it in and it grings is the throw out? cause mine only stops grinding when ur at a complete stop with the clutch in, when i take it out it sounds like there is rocks bouncing around in the case