Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Notices

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

What Type of Transmission/Gearbox do i have?

Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 04-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
thedubliner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default What Type of Transmission/Gearbox do i have?

Hi, the transmission/gearbox in my car is nearly dead and I have been ringing around to some scrapyards to get a second hand one however I am not sure what type it is, they keep telling me there will be a marking on the casing(possibly S21 or S40) but I cannot find anything except a sticker with the following code 1M-2069676.
Does anyone know what type of gearbox it is, the car is a VTEC-E 1996 Manual tran, engine D15Z3, SOHC.

Thanks
thedubliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
oc_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedubliner View Post
Hi, the transmission/gearbox in my car is nearly dead and I have been ringing around to some scrapyards to get a second hand one however I am not sure what type it is, they keep telling me there will be a marking on the casing(possibly S21 or S40) but I cannot find anything except a sticker with the following code 1M-2069676.
Does anyone know what type of gearbox it is, the car is a VTEC-E 1996 Manual tran, engine D15Z3, SOHC.

Thanks
ANY manual trans from a SINGLE cam 96-00 trans should work AND i believe any 92-95 single cam transmissions will work as well..

i had a d16y8 with a 95 SI (single cam) trans and it worked fine..

ACT like a clown and we will likely treat you as such..

GONE 91 Ford Mustang * * * * * * * * * * * Birth To Death 1998 Civic EX

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not

CCAWMC Member #13

oc_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
_REV_
SkooT or DiE

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedubliner View Post

Thanks
Any D-series transmission will work.
_REV_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
ratonic

yeah but that wasn't the question. the question was "Does anyone know what type of gearbox it is?"
Where on the trany does it have the code or marking? I'd like to know also.