Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

Clutch pedal on floor

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 05-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
ghost_xero
The Civic of Civics

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Clutch pedal on floor

clutch pedal went all the way down..was stuck all the way down and wouldnt shift......fluid is fulll...shifted fine yesterday but today its pouring like hell and it was stuck...pulled pedal back up and then did it back down a lil and it shifted... i will say this...i changed my idle so that it is higher than normal did it like a week ago or so then the clutch issue and the power steering issue occured...could this be the reason why?

oh yeah just went out and checked it...now its acting fine.....let me ask a very serious question.....must you use HONDA fluids in the car....cause its very odd that after using autozone s***..in these 2 very things that they start acting up......
Old 05-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
FRODO
Teh Oldest NooB.

The only place I would say to use honda only it the MTF for the manual trans. Theres no leak in the clutch line? The clutch master cylinder could be bad.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
obracer12

or the slave.. thats if nothing is leaking... or (and I've only seen this a few times) the fork itself is bent or cracked.. but gain only seen that a few times (about 1:75)
my spark is being a guido and blowing out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Boy View Post
Most of the time, sooner or later, most get a soft spot for a civic's.
South NJ club start up PM ask Q's
Old 05-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
eg6white305

Idle would not affect that. Just bleed your clutch and look for leaks.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
XpL0d3r
What Civic?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just had this problem last week... replaced the slave and still had the problem. Turns out it was the master clutch cylinder... So if it's not the slave try the master.. worked for me

( '02 Acura RSX Type-S | '05 Kawasaki Ninja 500RR | '97 Honda Civic B18 Turbo | '05 Infiniti G35 Coupe (SOLD) )

Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
ghost_xero
The Civic of Civics

one more question....i looked up clutch master cylinder on autozone and all it showed was this...

is this all i would need to replace if clutch goes all the way down to the floor? cause i took top off and pumped it and pressure came back and after a day or 2 of NOT driving it i went to start it and when i pressed it all the pressure left and it went right back to floor and didnt return...plus there is fluid on the rod that goes from pedal through firewall to master cyl. i want to just replace all so that i dont have any more issues down road...but is this all? just wahts in the pic..and maybe slave too?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:25 AM   #7
RonJ
Banned

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Thread title changed to match the topic.

Last edited by RonJ; 05-22-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
ghost_xero
The Civic of Civics

Default replacing clutch master cyl.

i just bought it and i want to be sure of something.....i can see how the one end connects to the pedal thru the firewall....

but is the other end inside the large black circular panel under the hood where the resevoir mounts up too? i just wanna be sure before i start tearing into s*** and i dont need too.

it looks like a giant rubber boot against the firewall under the hood...do u just remove that to get to it and replace?
Old 05-19-2010, 11:00 PM   #9
RonJ
Banned

Last edited by RonJ; 05-19-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
civic402Lx

uh no..big black thing would be the brake booster i believe..u don't do anything to it..
just drain the fluid from the clutch reservoir...remove the tube leaving the reservoir that connect to the master cylinder..
under the dash, use a needle nose plier and pull the pin that connect the clutch master to the clutch pedal...take out the 2 12mm nuts holding the master clutch cylinder in the firewall....go back outside, and wiggle the cylinder up and out...

swap over the gasket, don't forget the gasket..

do everything in reverse..fill up reservoir..bleed the clutch..then you're done..

might as well replace the slave cylinder on the tranny too..i've heard if one go there other will soon follow..hate for you to have to do the job 2x, and bleed it 2x..
Old 05-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
civic402Lx

RonJ,
good diagram but i thought he want to replace the "CLUTCH" master cylinder..not BRAKE???
Old 05-19-2010, 11:19 PM   #12
RonJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic402Lx View Post
RonJ,
good diagram but i thought he want to replace the "CLUTCH" master cylinder..not BRAKE???
I goofed the first time but did a slow ninja edit.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #13
ghost_xero
The Civic of Civics

Default jesus christ.....

im getting old...i keep thinking the brake res. is the clutch res.......i checked the actual clutch res and its empty....i poured more brake fluid into it and as i did i cold see black stuff all in the old that was in there.

i always forget BIG res. is brake..little res. is clutch, but even after i filled it up the pedal went all the way down...gonna try bleeding it even though and see what happens but dont worry i think ill end up changing regardless...and i saw on the diagram at autozone the general area of where the slave cylinder was near clutch disk....blah, blah...fork then slave cylinder but is it easily accessible to change?

yours truly

the forgetful "noob"

p.s. about 2 months ago i literally filled the clutch res. before too and it was completely out again today......but really like a week ago since i never checked it till now.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #14
RonJ
Banned

Check for a fluid leak above the clutch pedal (master cylinder) or at the slave cylinder. Replace any component that leaks.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #15
ghost_xero
The Civic of Civics

yeah the cylinder rod that gets pushed into the master cyl has oil on it