Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

VX vs. SI tranny

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 05-14-2010, 02:09 AM   #1
1993hatch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default VX vs. SI tranny

So i was reading earlier today, and i saw someone say a vx tranny is better than an si tranny because the gears are shorter. correct me if im wrong but why would you want a VX tranny under a built motor when the SI tranny is more for performance?
Old 05-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
stickeyrice84

i thought that the VX grears are longer than the Si, the VX was for eco and the Si was for sporty kind of deal, and if u want a VX trany under a built motor in my mind u just wasted ur time, thats likt takeing a fully built GSR and throwing a ls tranny on it to me, it will take u for ever to get up to speed and would suck ass if ur in a race cuz u wont keep up
Old 05-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
mymmeryloss
RHD is where its at

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

i am a believer in this combo, only for boosted applications....

the tarnny is still the weak link, but can be built up if thats what u r into and if u r running high horsepower, u would want to do that anyway...

the long gearing on the vx tranny is great for a turboed or s/c'd civic to keep in the turbo and stretch lag...

***** Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build*****
Quote:
Originally Posted by civhatch92 View Post
I love the custom aspect of this build.. totally genius and still super clean!!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:00 AM   #4
1993hatch

okay thanks. ya i read that and was just thinking to myself, theres no way. but it depends on the si tranny. the b16 tranny is at four grand around sixty mph so i could only imagine how much shorter the gears are.