Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

GSR cranks but won't start: No spark

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
» Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
» Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
» All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 05-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
H22aEg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default GSR cranks but won't start: No spark

Hey guess I have a rebuilt gsr motor and this is the first time its gonna turn on but its not cranking over now everything is all brand new wires plugs dizzy everything and I'm hearing my fuel pump and I'm getting fuel in the fuel rail. The motor sounds its wants to kick over but nothing yet and could i try using maybe starting fluid thanks guys for your help
Old 05-27-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
Deezy
silent partner

Have you Checked for spark??? Also, set your ignition and mechanical timing correctly??
Old 05-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #3
H22aEg

Timing should be fine cylinder 1 was top dead center fire order is right can gears are pointing same direction and no I'm not getting spark
Old 05-28-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
Deezy
silent partner

Ok, read the check for spark link in the above post, for possible solutions....
Old 05-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
H22aEg

Thanks. Ok I read it and it helps little but what I'm still confused is that my coil rotor igniter is all brand new never used and I'm gonna look into the ign switch and also if my battery is relocated in the back would that effect it
Old 05-28-2010, 12:30 AM   #6
Deezy
silent partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22aEg View Post
and also if my battery is relocated in the back would that effect it
..Could very well.... Check and double check connections,,,......Especially ground..
Old 05-28-2010, 12:41 AM   #7
H22aEg

The pos is connection is good but my ground cable is connected where the strut is where it holds on that nutis where my ground is
Old 05-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #8
Pocket_eh
Ordering Civic HB Parts

check the firing order could be wrong. and sand down your grounded area. could help. and check the transmission ground.