Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

beware mishimoto radiator

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 06-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
mattman3
got rice?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default beware mishimoto radiator

i bought a mishimoto radiator in december about a month ago i started losing coolant and couldnt figure out why i looked for leaks checked all the hoses and couldnt find anything wrong and the head gasket is fine too...i took the radiator fan off the other day and found a leak coming from one of the welds at the top of the radiator just behind the fan...just wanted to warn everyone cuz its a s***ty problem to have
Old 06-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
Ej8Kid
Too Much Traction

Lifetime Warranty?
Old 06-30-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
mattman3
got rice?

i dont think i signed up for it but ill look on the website
Old 06-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
VSP
Just hand me the wrench.

I believe Mishimoto is one of the site sponsors....you should talk to the rep, he seems like a nice guy and might be willing to figure out a solution with you...
"Yeah, well I am."

Bluring the line between hobbyist and enthusiast since 2001.

My MOSTLY STOCK NITROUS-POWERED EJ8 M/T SLEEPER BUILD/REPAIR THREAD, for your pleasure and enjoyment. It's fun. I promise.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
2NRSTV
Team Exile/ADO Garage

Had the same problem with my Mishimoto Radiator. I bought a Mishimoto Radiator, Fan, Fan Mount Kit, and Hoses.

First off, the hoses were extremely hard to get on the radiator. I had to use a screw driver to coax it over the lip of the inlet and outlet. Even with this, It was a pain to get on and ended up over straining myself.
Then I hit a dip pretty hard in my Civic. It didn't bottom out or anything. But the force was enough for the radiator to crack where the tubes meet the top end tank.

With that said, the radiator did provide very adequate cooling even when beating through the gears for long durations. I'd get another one if they improved the quality of their radiators and components... and if my sponsor didn't stop selling them because of leaking problems.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
Mishimoto
Product Manufacturer

Hey guys, we are on the forums everyday. OP, you can PM me if you have any specific issues.

All of our products carry a lifetime warranty and also feature accident protection, too.

Regarding the hoses, I actually installed some onto my Mishimoto radiator last night in fact. Yes, it is hard to do, I will admit that, but with a little silicone lubricant, they pop right on easily.

Regarding the "leaks", I have never run into a problem, nor have we had excessive customer come back state their Civic radiator has spring a leak. The Civic radiator is probably our best seller! I have also never heard of someone hitting a nice bump in the road and springing a leak because of that.

Not only am I the guy who posts as Mishimoto on forums and whatnot, I am also the warranty guy here too.

OP, or anyone else, send me an E-mail directly at patrick@mishimoto.com if you ever need assistance with our products. We are here M-F 930a-6p EST.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
projektej8
-------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Hey guys, we are on the forums everyday. OP, you can PM me if you have any specific issues.

All of our products carry a lifetime warranty and also feature accident protection, too.

Regarding the hoses, I actually installed some onto my Mishimoto radiator last night in fact. Yes, it is hard to do, I will admit that, but with a little silicone lubricant, they pop right on easily.

Regarding the "leaks", I have never run into a problem, nor have we had excessive customer come back state their Civic radiator has spring a leak. The Civic radiator is probably our best seller! I have also never heard of someone hitting a nice bump in the road and springing a leak because of that.

Not only am I the guy who posts as Mishimoto on forums and whatnot, I am also the warranty guy here too.

OP, or anyone else, send me an E-mail directly at patrick@mishimoto.com if you ever need assistance with our products. We are here M-F 930a-6p EST.
If nothing else, i think that mishimoto provides excellent customer service, as well as exceptional public relations. what other company is on this forum addressing issues with their product. It says a lot about a company when they stand behind their product
Old 07-02-2010, 12:52 AM   #8
mattman3
got rice?

just sent the guy an email hopefully we can resolve the problem
Old 07-02-2010, 01:07 AM   #9
VSP
Just hand me the wrench.

^^ GL man. The PR guy always seems nice.
"Yeah, well I am."

Bluring the line between hobbyist and enthusiast since 2001.

My MOSTLY STOCK NITROUS-POWERED EJ8 M/T SLEEPER BUILD/REPAIR THREAD, for your pleasure and enjoyment. It's fun. I promise.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #10
Mishimoto
Product Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by projektej8 View Post
If nothing else, i think that mishimoto provides excellent customer service, as well as exceptional public relations. what other company is on this forum addressing issues with their product. It says a lot about a company when they stand behind their product
I appreciate the kind words guys! We are extremely customer-based here and want to make sure that you are happy with the product you receive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman3 View Post
just sent the guy an email hopefully we can resolve the problem
Matt, I received your E-mail this morning. Reply sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSP View Post
^^ GL man. The PR guy always seems nice.
Thanks!
Old 07-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
somejaykid
i'm a mod now

gotta love a company that helps there customers in a timely manner