Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Notices

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

bad pcv valve causing problems??

Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 10-24-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
96ejsedan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default bad pcv valve causing problems??

hi i was wondering if you pcv valve is bad can it cause your car to burn oil, cause my car smokes, and i looked at my pcv valve and its not even all the way in place, im pretty sure its shot.
96ejsedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
stateofjustin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The short answer is no. You would have to have majorly excessive oil pressure or way too much oil in the engine to push liquid oil all the way up to the PCV valve. Age, valve stem oil seals, or piston rings are more likely for a '96.
stateofjustin is offline   Reply With Quote