Our website family:  ClubCivic.com - ClubIntegra.com - TunerSports.com

SEARCH: Forums | Parts
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic.com, a forum dedicated to the Honda Civic, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will intitle you to other site features including access to post your Honda Civic in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Interior / Audio / Electronics

Notices

Interior / Audio / Electronics Anything Interior related Including interior electronics

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

how to take out sun visor clips?

Interior / Audio / Electronics

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
d.Wrek

Default how to take out sun visor clips?

ok so the headliner on my sunroof has been gettin torn up and ive been wantin to replace it for a while...i

already did this in my buddys civic so i know what im doing except for how to take out the clips that hold

the sunvisors closed...when we did his we ended up breaking both sides to get them out but im trying not to

break mine...i read some stuff about turning them and they fall right out so i tried this but i can only get mine

to turn about 30 degrees and theyre still in there tight...just wondering if anyone knows something that i

dont?
d.Wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
leothelion
d:p

ITS SUPPER HARD. sometimes. yeah those things suck. what i do is take a rag or a cloth or something and some pliers put the cloth on the inside of the pliers and then grip the clip, then twist, it shouldn't break, and you can twist i any way i believe. they are in there really tight. If you do break it, they are only like 5 bucks at the dealer, best of luck and post pics when your done man, i love redone headliners.
leothelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
AllStockHatch
Unregistered User

They are tight fitting, just give them a good quarter turn. I just held onto it and twisted, out it came.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ6Civic27 View Post
Ive tried, with no luck. She's throwing the "too tired" code, and the "is that all you want from me, is sex?" code. Looks like I either need to re-build it, or trade it in for something different.
99 Civic DX Hatch
94 Civic Del Sol
07 Ruckus
98 Accord

My build thread-->http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=204411
AllStockHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:18 AM   #4
skunk808

grab it and twist it to the left and it should just pop out
skunk808 is offline   Reply With Quote