Our website family:  ClubCivic.com - ClubIntegra.com - TunerSports.com

SEARCH: Forums | Parts
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic.com, a forum dedicated to the Honda Civic, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will intitle you to other site features including access to post your Honda Civic in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Notices

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

EVAP Bypass Solenoid

Engine Tech / Drivetrain

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
Anderson413

Default EVAP Bypass Solenoid

Greetings.

I'm curious as to when the EVAP Bypass does. And what is the symptoms my car would have is the small line attached to it was cracked. (Misfires?)

Last edited by Anderson413; 09-17-2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Anderson413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Anderson413

Okay. So I got a used gas tank to replace my rusted out one. And I figured out where the leak was coming from. The 2 way valve.

My question is now that my valve is leaking, and this valve also has a bypass solenoid on it. with a wire harness. The used gas tank had a 2 way valve. But that was it. No bypass, no harness. Can I just put in the 2 way valve from the used tank into my car. I'm sure I'll get the CEL light for EVAP. but if I know the valve works..whats the real harm? I really don't want to pay $50 for a new vlave and all the hardware cause it's rusted/falling part bad.

I might have this car running tonight/tomorrow if someone replies soon! I'm excited this is almost done.
Anderson413 is offline   Reply With Quote