Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Generations Tech > 6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)

Notices

6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 honda civic hatchback, coupe, sedan, coupe si

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

j32 swap into my four door.

6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 01-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
RemovableGap

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default j32 swap into my four door.

Hello club civic,
I believe i am posting in the right area,BUt i have a summer project and i would like some of your guys knolage and tips..So here it goes,
Well I got my civic home a while ago and I have a while before i start to drive so i want to get started, I just started my research yesterday into today. I found a j32 engine at my local Jdm engine depot... Here is the link to it(http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/jdm_en..._Acura_TL_/_CL ). I know this swap isn't going to be easy at all, My father is a welder so welding anything is not a problem. This is going to be a summer project so i will have time because i will be out of school. So on the Depot page it says it comes with.. Complete Head,Complete Block,Intake Manifold,Exhaust manifold,Injectors,Throttle Body,Sensors,Fuel Rail ,Alternator,Coil Packs and the A/C Compressor( I will not be running a/c with the j series). Some other parts i can pull out of my noobish mind is I will also need Engine Mounts , A transmission ( I know at my local junk yard there is a couple of cl's sitting in the way back so i can probably get a transmission there or some where around here). I would asl need the engines computer like a hondatas200? If i am missing anything can you please tell me what it is? If you would please help me out witht his swap it would be a great help, As i am typing this i am doing a lot of research.. I will post Pictures of my engine bay and a picture of my car so you guys have an idea of what i have.
Thank you guys, Nate.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Decipher

Check this guy out, seems like he took a lot of time and trouble to explain step by step and I'm sure if you PM him he'd be glad to help you since he felt like there wasn't enough support for him when he was doing the swap.

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showt...ighlight=J32a2

He has posted wiring diagrams for the harnesses and everything. Should be a good starting point for you. Good luck.
Decipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
RemovableGap

@Decipher - Thank you so much, I really don't know how to navigate the website, There really isn't much on how to or what to use on the swap, But i thank you for letting me know of this man, Thank you!