Our website family:  ClubCivic.com - ClubIntegra.com - TunerSports.com

SEARCH: Forums | Parts
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic.com, a forum dedicated to the Honda Civic, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will intitle you to other site features including access to post your Honda Civic in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension

Notices

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Tokico Illumina VS Koni Yellow

Wheels / Tires / Brakes / Suspension

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
MolassesMyCivic
Autocrosser

Default Tokico Illumina VS Koni Yellow

Which set of shocks is better? I drive a 95 civic ex coupe, and I want to really step up my autoX game. Tell me your experiences regarding both!! :)
Thanks
Old 03-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
Billy.
♪♪ ♫♪ ♪♫♪ ♪♪ ♫♫ ♪

I don't know if youre going to find too many people that have experience with both. I had Illuminas in combination with RS*R springs on my EM1 and did some autox. It was a pretty good setup. I appreciated the ability to adjust front bound/rebound seperate from the rear. Then when the autox was over, I could dial them back to street settings and drive home
Old 03-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
MolassesMyCivic
Autocrosser

What do you think about running illuminas w/stock springs? I'm trying to stay in the stock class for the time being.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
JohnS.
BANGARANG

Koni Yellows are better.

But I love my Illumina's. I turn em down all the way during the winter or on long drives and then I turn them up for regular driving.

New to ClubCivic? Click Me!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
crash!
Stuntin is a habit

x2 On Koni Yellows.

My slow build, check it out! | My Flickr | Coupe life Member #14 | My Tumblr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raabe View Post
Alex, Queen of the Brocean.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
civexspeedy

Koni's are better and there's a sale here on ClubCivic for them for $350 shipped, can't beat it.

I have Koni's on both of the cars I AutoX and they are great. Probably the most popular and most widely used shock for AutoXing.

Karcepts - SSC Tint & Graphics
'07/'08/'09/'11/'13 Autocrossers Incorporated ST Champion. '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13 Washington D.C. Region ST Champion. '08/'11 Capital Driving Club Small Bore Series Champion. '11 CDC Index Champion. '10/'12/'13 NCCBMWCCA X4 Champion.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
MolassesMyCivic
Autocrosser

Wow. That deal is freaking awesome. However, it's $435 (even with the "New Years Savings" thing). Heck of a deal regardless. I've even got a month and a half to save for them. :) Thanks for pointing out that deal, man.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
TigBitties
Frame Bangin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolassesMyCivic View Post
Wow. That deal is freaking awesome. However, it's $435 (even with the "New Years Savings" thing). Heck of a deal regardless. I've even got a month and a half to save for them. :) Thanks for pointing out that deal, man.
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=207126

here they are 350

"Coupe Life" Member #2

I dont always drive, but When I do, I Prefer to drive Low *Stay Classy My Friends*
Old 03-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #9
MolassesMyCivic
Autocrosser

GAHH. I love you man. I want to smother my face in your Tiggies. I'm not actually sure if that's allowed on this site, tho. Thanks. Also, since I saw a few posts asking about whether they fit other models-specifically 92-95 civics-I'm assuming they fit mine? It says at the beginning of the thread that they fit 96-00 civics...

Closed Thread