Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Multimedia > Your Builds & Project Cars

Notices

Your Builds & Project Cars build threads showing the progress of your project car

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

French-Frye Project yesSiR build thread

Your Builds & Project Cars

Old 10-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #136
JohnS.
BANGARANG

Let's keep it civilized. Debates are fine but s*** slinging and name calling aren't.

New to ClubCivic? Click Me!!!

JohnS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:56 AM   #137
JeffBel

On the b16a/b I prefer the b16 trans. The higher rpm limits mean 80mph @ 4k isn't an issue. Dropping to third at 80 gets crazy. Maxing your top end at 120-130 is fine. Especially on an autox build. A b16a with an ls lacks low end. Ultimately b16 trans with ls 5th would be the way to go
Old 11-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #138
French-Frye

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffBel View Post
On the b16a/b I prefer the b16 trans. The higher rpm limits mean 80mph @ 4k isn't an issue. Dropping to third at 80 gets crazy. Maxing your top end at 120-130 is fine. Especially on an autox build. A b16a with an ls lacks low end. Ultimately b16 trans with ls 5th would be the way to go
well i bought an LS tranny thats in it now and i have the b16 trans but 3rd gear is blown. should i use the LS 3rd and 5th gear in the b16 tranny? since ik integra 3rd gear pulls pretty decent. idk how it would be with the turbo b16 though. any input?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #139
mymmeryloss
RHD is where its at

Give it a shot might as well use what u got.

***** Turbo Rotary Mazda Minitruck Build*****
Quote:
Originally Posted by civhatch92 View Post
I love the custom aspect of this build.. totally genius and still super clean!!
mymmeryloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #140
French-Frye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymmeryloss View Post
Give it a shot might as well use what u got.
well now im thinking about it. b16 is a tranny to put down torque since their so short. but b18 is longer for power. so what if i have b16 1st and 2nd, then b18 3rd, 4th, and 5th? so i could get torque at low end then pull longer at higher speeds? or is my thinking like completely off
Old 11-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #141
French-Frye

Well I've been thinking about buyin some wheels. Just to be able o change it up every once and awhile. Any suggestions? Im considering rotas just because of budget, but I do want some "real" wheels too. I love volk te37s or maybe ome Axis OG san's. Inputs?