Our website family:  ClubCivic.com - ClubIntegra.com - TunerSports.com

SEARCH: Forums | Parts
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic.com, a forum dedicated to the Honda Civic, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will intitle you to other site features including access to post your Honda Civic in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Interior / Audio / Electronics

Notices

Interior / Audio / Electronics Anything Interior related Including interior electronics

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Tried to steal my civic!

Interior / Audio / Electronics

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #46
evilrilla2

I definately need to get this sensor for the drive way. Its cheap price n could help to get cats off the cars too.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
evilrilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #47
evilrilla2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigBitties View Post
try running your hood latch cable through the opening in the frame rail part at the top of the wheel well. makes it a lot harder to get to. idk if anyone had mentioned that yet

I thought about that too. But I rather go though the engine bay.
impossible to get too. Vs harder to get too. Im thinking of guarding the connection where the cable latch meets the latch somehow too. some kind of metal mesh . I read they can get the latch through the grill. They would have to break it of course. But the alarm would go off from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #48
Puff0028

What about locking hood pins and no latch? Just curious if it would stop the theif, like key'd lug nuts?
Puff0028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #49
boosted to 26ps
#1 wrecker builder

just read bout this. i know in my ol hatch my hood release wouldnt work right from in the car. so everytime i wanted to get under the hood i would reach up under the front bumper, grab a hold of the cable and yank it. hood popped everytime. i dont know if it works like this for every car, but i do know you can do this trick for a lot of them. as long as you yank hard enough to break the clip holding the cable to latch so the latch wil disengage from the pin
Old 04-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #50
evilrilla2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff0028 View Post
What about locking hood pins and no latch? Just curious if it would stop the theif, like key'd lug nuts?
Its an option . It would work well but some ppl like myself don't like the look. I like the clean hood look. If it were carbon fiber hood I wouldn't mind.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #51
evilrilla2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted to 26ps View Post
just read bout this. i know in my ol hatch my hood release wouldnt work right from in the car. so everytime i wanted to get under the hood i would reach up under the front bumper, grab a hold of the cable and yank it. hood popped everytime. i dont know if it works like this for every car, but i do know you can do this trick for a lot of them. as long as you yank hard enough to break the clip holding the cable to latch so the latch wil disengage from the pin
What year is your car?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #52
boosted to 26ps
#1 wrecker builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilrilla2 View Post
What year is your car?

was an eg, 95. but it should work no matter the year. as long as they can get to the cable or the latch itself theres a way in.