Our website family:  ClubCivic.com - ClubIntegra.com - TunerSports.com

SEARCH: Forums | Parts
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic.com, a forum dedicated to the Honda Civic, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will intitle you to other site features including access to post your Honda Civic in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Interior / Audio / Electronics

Notices

Interior / Audio / Electronics Anything Interior related Including interior electronics

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Power door lock actuator problem

Interior / Audio / Electronics

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
lasocki

Default Power door lock actuator problem

Installed new actuators in drivers door and passenger door. Problem is they work in opposite direction. When I hit the lock switch the passenger door locks and the driver door unlocks. When I hit the unlock switch the driver door locks and the passenger door unlocks. Can any one help?
lasocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
RonJ
Civic minded

Lock/unlock is controlled by the polarity of the wires. Sounds like the two driver-side actuator wires are swapped (or a passenge-side actuator was installed on the driver side?).
RonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
lasocki

It has an aftermarket radio, is it possible that could be the problem.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
RonJ
Civic minded

^Nope

And you haven't mentioned what car you have.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
lasocki

It is a 1996 Civic EX
Old 06-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
RonJ
Civic minded

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
Lock/unlock is controlled by the polarity of the wires. Sounds like the two driver-side actuator wires are swapped (or a passenge-side actuator was installed on the driver side?).
Old 07-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
sleeper si

i had that same problem, it turns out that the aftermarket actuators have the wires inversed. so you will need to relocate the wire pins and it will work.
i did that but then i had a problem with the door locks jamming up, so i took out the little motor from the aftermarket actuators and swapped them into the original old honda actuators and they have been working flawlessly.
looks like the aftermarket ones still have not been corrected for wrong polarity for the wiring.
sleeper si is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:28 AM   #8
sleeper si

my investigation why when i switch on the lock switch the doors unlock and why when i switch on unlock the doors lock.

the aftermarket inside switch, you can see that 2 of the pins are soldered. the position of this is different from the OEM one. No wonder the interior dome light didn't light up when you unlock the door

OEM one

side by side

replaced just the motor into the OEM housing

side by side comparison
sleeper si is online now   Reply With Quote