Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Generations Tech > 6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)

Notices

6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 honda civic hatchback, coupe, sedan, coupe si

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

Power Door Locks not working?

6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 09-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
buddhayang

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Power Door Locks not working?

Have a 98 civic lx sedan no mods to it its pretty old i guess. Well the power door locks have failed for a while now and its been a pain to manually push and pull the bullet locks in order to lock the door. I've tried it while the car was off and when the car was on still no response so im not really sure what happend to the power door locks, havent taken it to a place for a fix yet cause im planning on DIY. Also I've already checked the fuses and they aren't blown or anything. any tips on how to fix it?
buddhayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
sleeper si

i did them many times, it is the actuators need replacing.
sleeper si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #3
RonJ
Banned

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhayang View Post
its been a pain to manually push and pull the bullet locks in order to lock the door.
Is this an electrical or mechanical problem? Is it difficult lock and unlock the doors manually?

Quote:
havent taken it to a place for a fix yet
Why not fix them yourself rather than paying somebody?

Quote:
. Also I've already checked the fuses and they aren't blown or anything.
Tell me how you tested the fuses and which specific ones you tested.

Quote:
any tips on how to fix it?
Got a multimeter?
RonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
RonJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper si View Post
i did them many times, it is the actuators need replacing.
How could you possibly say this with confidence? Don't you need more information?
Old 09-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #5
sleeper si

Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #6
sleeper si

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
How could you possibly say this with confidence? Don't you need more information?
been there myself on my own hondas. First the power door lock does not work and the lever to lock and unlock become hard to freely move and the actuator is all jammed up.
:)
Old 09-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #7
RonJ
Banned

You're just guessing. Do you want the guy to purchase actuators even though they might not be the problem? There are proper diagnostic tests to avoid throwing money away.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #8
d.Wrek

[QUOTE=RonJ;3366961]Tell me how you tested the fuses and which specific ones you tested.

I'm having a similar issue w/key fob and locks...could you fill me in on all fuses that would effect locks...also if my locks are clicking but not locking/unlocking, would that rule out an electrical issue

Sorry for the thread jack
d.Wrek is offline   Reply With Quote