Search:
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the member’s garage to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Generations Tech > 7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)

Notices

7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005) 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 honda civic coupe, sedan, hatchback si

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->  

Automatic to Manual transmission swap in 04 civic

7th Generation Honda Civic (2001-2005)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

User Tag List

Old 02-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
Lethal Civic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Automatic to Manual transmission swap in 04 civic

I'm 16 and I drive a 04 civic ex sedan with an automatic transmission.
I'm kinda new to cars in terms of doing mods and stuff but over the past year I've learned a lot by looking through forums and watching/reading DIY's. And I figured before doing any real engine mods I should get a manual transmission first

So my question is how much does it cost to swap my automatic transmission for a manual transmission? And do I get some kind of discount or get to sell my automatic transmission afterwards because it still works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lethal Civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
XpL0d3r
What Civic?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I mean, it's your car, so you can do whatever you'd like with the automatic tranny afterwards. It's way more than just swapping transmissions and going though....

Take a look at this thread, it should help you out quite a bit in terms of all the parts you need and what not:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=157624

Keep in mind that is for 5th and 6th gen Civics, which yours is not. I did this with my 97 Civic, and cost roughly $800 or so for parts and throwing my friend some $ for helping. Definitely make sure to do further research on parts, etc. And have some friends help you out!

( '02 Acura RSX Type-S | '05 Kawasaki Ninja 500RR | '97 Honda Civic B18 Turbo | '05 Infiniti G35 Coupe (SOLD) )

XpL0d3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
Lethal Civic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Okay cool thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lethal Civic is offline   Reply With Quote