Our website family:  ClubCivic.com - ClubIntegra.com - TunerSports.com

SEARCH: Forums | Parts
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic.com, a forum dedicated to the Honda Civic, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will intitle you to other site features including access to post your Honda Civic in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Interior / Audio / Electronics

Notices

Interior / Audio / Electronics Anything Interior related Including interior electronics

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

How can i run a 4 gage amplifier wire throug my firewall?

Interior / Audio / Electronics

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

Old 10-29-2003, 10:15 PM   #1
ptm11msu

Default How can i run a 4 gage amplifier wire throug my firewall?

I drive a 2000 civic ex. Does anybody know a really good place to punch through the firewall to run a 4 gage wire for my amplifier? I can't find anyware good to run the wire through. I have thought about punching hole inteh bottom of my trunk right behind my spare tire and running it under the body, would this work?
Thanks,
ptm11msu
"!the dude with the black civic and the tight-@$$ lights!"
ptm11msu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:19 PM   #2
Shiznit
Stickin it to the Man

there are holes in your firewall, you just have to look for them. look for wires that run through your fire wall, and push that s*** through there. most of your holes will be plugged with a stopper. you just got to pull the stopper out. its really easy if you know what oyur looking for.
[ EM1 Crew ] [ CCCC #0215 ] [ vB Garage ] [ CC Night Crew #0021 ]
Shiznit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:27 PM   #3
98hatchfreak

shiznit028 nailed it on the head... in response to the whole idea of running it under your car and coming up through the trunk... no bueno..... you would be exposing your whole electrical system to the elements and that cannot be good....IMO
98hatchfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003, 10:46 PM   #4
DirtyD

Yea don't punch a whole, like hatchfreak said the wires will be exposed to outside and you might be letting in carbon monoxide and that's not good. Reach behind the glovebox under the dash and you'll either fell a plug or go in the hood and look for a nice hole and push the wire through that and try and find it under the dash. It gets hard to find the higher you go up tho
Old 10-29-2003, 10:48 PM   #5
ptm11msu

yea i have already looked fo rthe holes through the firewall, all i have found is one under teh drivers side and one big one on teh pass. side, the one on teh drivers side is way too small to fit 4 gauge wire and i stuck a straitend out coat hanger in teh hole to see where it came out and it went nowhere. on the pass. side, there is one under the glove box but it has a large rubber stopper in it with some other wirees, and i can't find where it comes out inteh engine bay. do you know if it comes out under the battery, it looks like it might
Old 10-30-2003, 11:33 AM   #6
BioHazard the Reaper
PHACM 1B

prolly does, just stick your wire out and LOOK for it lmao.....and dont go under you car, youll catch a snag and BOOM its done
BioHazard the Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:37 AM   #7
JCV2000
Dirty South Side

Look on the top of the driverside firewall. There will be a rubber gasket somewhere around there, there is a little bracket and a little solenoid you can remove to get to it easier. Poke a hole in it with a knife or pain of scissors, then shove that 4 guage thru. This way you still have your gromet and seal. :)
JCV2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 05:20 PM   #8
ptm11msu

Default got it

thanks guys, me and my friend just got it. i found the plug under the drivers side and ran the wire. can't wait to install the subs it going to be phat as hell
thanx again
Old 10-31-2003, 02:21 PM   #9
Beelzebubba
SubGenius Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JCV2000
Look on the top of the driverside firewall. There will be a rubber gasket somewhere around there, there is a little bracket and a little solenoid you can remove to get to it easier. Poke a hole in it with a knife or pain of scissors, then shove that 4 guage thru. This way you still have your gromet and seal. :)

Yeah, what he said. No seriously that's the way I did it and I don't have any weird drafts or leaks.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:55 PM   #10
MorphiasX

Quote:
Originally posted by JCV2000
Yup, thats exactly how i did it too, just need 2 people, 1 to be under the dash by the pedals to pull it through once its in, and 1 to be in the engine bay pushing it through the rubber gromet...
MorphiasX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 12:18 PM   #11
zberger

the easiest way to run power wire on a civic is to do the following:

remove battery

remove battery tray

below battery tray is a grommet, run power wire through that rubber.

the wire should come out below the glovebox..

easiest way i've found. :)
zberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:04 PM   #12
JCV2000
Dirty South Side

My way is easier. NaaNaa!!
JCV2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:44 PM   #13
zberger

yours also uses 5 more feet of wire.
zberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:55 PM   #14
sublimewls
What's Up Denny Neagle?

Quote:
Originally posted by zberger
the easiest way to run power wire on a civic is to do the following:

remove battery

remove battery tray

below battery tray is a grommet, run power wire through that rubber.

the wire should come out below the glovebox..

easiest way i've found. :)
thats the way i did it on my coupe...
sublimewls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 08:01 PM   #15
9civic7

i ran mine to the d/s of the car and about half way down there was a rubber grommet that i pulled out and ran it through. i also did one on an integra and the ABS was mounted where i ran mine through. so i have to run it through on the p/s
9civic7 is offline   Reply With Quote