Our website family:  ClubCivic.com - ClubIntegra.com - TunerSports.com

SEARCH: Forums | Parts
Attention Honda Civic Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or registering.

Welcome to ClubCivic.com, a forum dedicated to the Honda Civic, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will intitle you to other site features including access to post your Honda Civic in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

Go Back   ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum > Honda Civic Technical > Tech Archive (No Posting)

Notices

Tech Archive (No Posting) This will also temporarily hold all of the old gen specific threads until they are all moved to the correct categories.

Please SEARCH Before Posting a New Thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

window keeps coming off track.

Tech Archive (No Posting)

Technical forums are exclusively for technical discussions.
Thread Makers: Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
Responding Members:
Limit your posts to helpful responses, and do not tell members to "Go Search", unless you also provide some specific guidance on the technical question or problem.
All Members: Rude or flaming posts will not be tolerated, though civil debate and disagreement are acceptable.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #1
jax00civic

Default window keeps coming off track.

my drivers window keeps coming off track. dont know whats wrong. plz help. and its a 2000 civic ex. thanks
Old 09-05-2006, 12:37 AM   #2
aaren99

mine has done the same thing, its more common than you think. All i did was re-adjust and lube the window guide be loosing the bolt thats right behind the bottom speaker on the door panel. It took me a couple of times to get it just right but i havent had a problem since. BTW this has been covered before so if you do a search you will find a more detailed answer.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:14 AM   #3
Team2000

Talking

Yea, mine has come off many many times. Just did last week after not going off track for almost a year... its a pain taking the door off and speaker out and then removing the glass, cleaning it and then greasing the tracks... but it goes up and down fast now
Old 09-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #4
Team2000

I was going to do a DIY to other day... lol but I was to lazy.

You need to put your window all the way down, I have eletric.

Then you unscrwe your door handle on the inside and unclip the wire, then do the window up/down areea.

Then pop your speaker cover off and you have 3 screws to take the speaker out and 3 to und it from the door.

Then unclip your speaker and take it out.

Next you just have to pull on the edgess of the door to release the clips, dont worry about trying to be gentil jsut rp on them and they will pop off, you might have to snap your tweeter out if you have on up near the mirror.

Once you have the door cover off you have to cut though the wather protecting plastic.

You also have to plug the window UP/Down thing back in so you can lign the scrwe on the window up with the hole so you can unscrew it.

Generaly I take the window completely out of the car and clean it, then make sure the front and back tracks are push in place and lubed.. this time I did not have the proper window stuff so i sued Baby oil, worked so far.

It is best to try and get the front in the track first while you have the back only in at the bottom, kidna hard to explain but the window it tipped lower in the front towards teh front of the door.

Slowly let it go down till it is resting on the metal bar at the bottom that you screw it into and put it in place.

Put everything back as it was taken apart , BUT first check and test the window going up and down a few times to make sure that it is back in its track.

I would suggest that after you get it going again to go to a local window shop for cars and get it lubbed with the good stuff