PDA

View Full Version : S2000 Meets SRT-4

scottyfordy
12-16-2003, 11:06 PM
-May be a repost-

S2000 receivng the complimentary chrysler passing gear from an SRT-4. I like a lot. :)

http://www.srvidz.com/VIDEOS/STREETRACES/SRTvsS20001.wmv

destined2race
12-16-2003, 11:13 PM
video sucks, and I will definately put my money on a stock S2G over a stock SRT-4.

scottyfordy
12-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Stock they're pretty much equal cars, except the SRT-4 costs 12,000 less.

I'd take 400 of that 12,000 and install a next stage turbo. Now you can rape the S2000. Then I'd take the remaining 11,600 and do mods, then I can rape a lot more.

Rick James
12-16-2003, 11:18 PM
to many people downloaded it

defvayne
12-16-2003, 11:19 PM
dont start this shit again!

Rick James
12-16-2003, 11:27 PM
dodge doesnt even have there own turbo. they use some gay mitsubishi turbo
S2000 much better

Neon_ice
12-16-2003, 11:41 PM
yep i guess we raped them as far as bandwidth goes =\

scottyfordy
12-17-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by eminemslm0
dodge doesnt even have there own turbo. they use some gay mitsubishi turbo
S2000 much better

Chrysler owns Mitsubishi. Technology is all the same. Early Dodge turbo's were designed in part by Lotus. "Mitsubishi" makes a lot of engines for Chrysler, like the 3.0 in my car. They make the best turbo's in the world and have the most expierence.

DirtyD
12-17-2003, 01:23 AM
^^^ yea i'm with you on this way scottyfordy. How much exactly is a new SRT-4. I thought they were pretty expensive.

JspecDC5
12-17-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by scottyfordy
Chrysler owns Mitsubishi. Technology is all the same. Early Dodge turbo's were designed in part by Lotus. "Mitsubishi" makes a lot of engines for Chrysler, like the 3.0 in my car. They make the best turbo's in the world and have the most expierence.

HAHHAA BS!!! Ask anybody that boosts and they'll tell you that Mitsu has the work turbines ever....the best???? PLEASE...have you never heard of Garret, Turbonetics, F-max...blah blah

Make sure you know wut your talking about before you say it...

SeanMc300
12-17-2003, 02:14 AM
^^^dont forget ihi..personally they make some of the best smaller turbos outthere. dotn start the shit with like. "with the difference in price id buy this blah blah blah" that shit is wack. its like saying ill buy a skyline for 80K but i could buy a 91 eclipse gsx and mod it for alot less!!! i guarentee that the s2000 will rape that fuckin shitter in a road course any day. gee it was weird that they didnt show the start...which could of have had the neon get a head start...you never know. maybe that guy in the s2000 and the srt 4 palnned it....it could be staged. ill never believe ANY street video. WAAAAAAAAAY too many variables to be considered.

2kstreetcivic
12-17-2003, 02:23 AM
cant believe the SRT won..still love the s2ks though...the SRT is still a neon

fast5thgen
12-17-2003, 02:28 AM
:werd: My best friend was a Chrysler tech for 5 years before he got his current job w/ Honda- he says that Dodge= $h!t and that the tools he used most were his heat wrench aka his blow torch and a stehoscope

Rick James
12-17-2003, 02:36 AM
it may be but they could of done a better set up i could put a cheap ass turbo in my car. this doesnt mean i could beat a s2000 and it doesnt seem that the s2000 was pulling hard

SeanMc300
12-17-2003, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by 2kstreetcivic
cant believe the SRT won..still love the s2ks though...the SRT is still a neon

hey, neons can be fast. friend of mine has a 99 neon r/t..it can whoop on 00 si's and cost a shit load less. the srt-4 can beat SO many cars in that price range as well as higher

rey_boricua
12-17-2003, 04:27 AM
i pretty sure it probably can beat an Si. look at that weight of the neon 2470 as compared to the si's 26xx. then you have hp and tq figures. neon 150hp & 133lbs/tq vs si's 160hp and 111lbs/tq. power to weight ratio you do the math

caddy
12-17-2003, 05:13 AM
A fast neon. Remember: You can teach a pig to dance, but in the end, YOUR STILL DANCING WITH A PIG!!!!

SeanMc300
12-17-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by rey_boricua
i pretty sure it probably can beat an Si. look at that weight of the neon 2470 as compared to the si's 26xx. then you have hp and tq figures. neon 150hp & 133lbs/tq vs si's 160hp and 111lbs/tq. power to weight ratio you do the math

well then...shouldnt ppl think twice about these neons???

jdmdohc
12-17-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by SeanMc300
hey, neons can be fast. friend of mine has a 99 neon r/t..it can whoop on 00 si's and cost a shit load less. the srt-4 can beat SO many cars in that price range as well as higher

BULL SHI* IT CAN!!! I am sorry but your friend does not know how to race his SI . I ve raced 4 of them in the past at the track with my 00 ex intake, exhaust and never lost. In fact my car has even yanked on them on the highway.

scottyfordy
12-17-2003, 11:33 PM
A Neon R/T runs 0-60s in 7.5 seconds, which is reasonable for the cost.

2004 - 2004 model comparison.

Let's compare the SRT-4 with the S2000. If you care, the SRT-4 gets better gas milage and has more cargo capacity. The S2000 has a shorter turning circle, better handling, and better aerodynamics (though Honda hasn't published the S2000s aerodynamics, it's obvious better). The SRT-4 is a 2.4 turbo, making a ton of torque 2000-4000. The S2000 is a 2.2 with a revised form of VTEC, it makes almost 100 lbs of torque less than the SRT-4 at at a high 6500, but revs really high - so technically you could consider that "low". Both cars weigh the exact same pratically too, with the S2000 weighing some 15 lbs extra only.

Two extra major differences are that the Honda makes 10 more HP than the Dodge, and the SRT is FWD while the S2000 is RWD.

The S2000 has great performance for a standard 2.2 DOHC without a doubt, but is simply at a loss to the performance - price ratio the SRT-4 offers.

SeanMc300
12-18-2003, 01:34 AM
jdmdohc: please show me where you get this information. sorry ive seen it happen with my own eyes. please link me to this page of specifications.

ive "raced" my friend with the r/t and he pulls away little by little the whole time....maybe THEY cant drive.

wake_rider
12-18-2003, 01:39 AM
Neons are junk. Ask any reputable mechanic and they will agree with that statement. Dodge USED to make a good car. ie the gto, but anymore they are really cheap. Cheap to manufacture and buy. That's why you can't expect much of a life out of a new dodge...

scottyfordy
12-18-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by wake_rider
Neons are junk. Ask any reputable mechanic and they will agree with that statement. Dodge USED to make a good car. ie the gto, but anymore they are really cheap. Cheap to manufacture and buy. That's why you can't expect much of a life out of a new dodge...

Im going to assume you know nothing and not point at the fact that you claim Dodge made the GTO.

caddy
12-18-2003, 04:04 AM
Well at least he's half right, neons are a piece of junk. In fact, Chrysler products are the bread and butter of our shop. That's why I like them: they give me and my mechanics a job.

Rand0m
12-18-2003, 10:33 AM
i think i have to agree with scottyfordy on this one...the srt-4 is a pretty tough car...in fact, the numbers that dodge was claiming were good numbers, but when people actually bought them and dynod them, and raced them, they were getting BETTER that even what dodge was claiming.... although im not sure they cost 12k less than a s2000 though, you can get s2000 pretty reasonably if you look around....my friend got his for 25k, and i know you cant buy an srt-4 for 13k

UnitZero
12-19-2003, 04:30 AM
True that the Srt-4 is a good buy for the money but its still new. There could be problems down the line, so I figure its still in its test phase. How much is that thing boosting BTW? 18?/19?

You guys see alot of em on the road? I,ve probably seen 2 since it came out. It sounds good for stock though.

honda209
12-19-2003, 06:32 AM
i also think the s2k didnt guned it, it woulda keep a closer race even if the neon actually beat it., and still a neon its a neon an s2000 damn its an s2000. also some careless, pointless info just too add, the numbers the neon a 2.4L turbocharged 230hp, the s2k a 2.0L naturally aspirated 240hp (cuz that dun look like a new s2k which woulda be a 2.2L) how bout we put sum forced induction on the s2k too. sup now

rey_boricua
12-19-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by UnitZero
True that the Srt-4 is a good buy for the money but its still new. There could be problems down the line, so I figure its still in its test phase. How much is that thing boosting BTW? 18?/19?

You guys see alot of em on the road? I,ve probably seen 2 since it came out. It sounds good for stock though.

thhey boost about 10 or 12 psi I think. I friend of mine just bought one a couple of months ago. F*ckin car is fast as hell for being a neon

edog728
12-19-2003, 09:11 AM
Well, i'm no where near knowin' cars all like that but to me, a neon is still a neon. they suck. Fast, yes for stock, but still a neon. I would much rather have the s2k anyday of the week...

Ryoslide
12-19-2003, 05:45 PM
the neon has a whole list of mopar parts waitting to be bought by street racers, don't be surprised if you get blown away by one. As of right now this month you can get a turbo blow off valve for kicks and better flowing injectors, intake blah blah blah. to put the SRT-4 around 240 horse. 17 inch wheels and a 0-60mph in less than 6 secs. Come on guys give it its props. People laugh at my cougar till they race me, I won't count out the american made cars they still can make great horse.

Rick James
12-19-2003, 05:51 PM
but ur still driving a neon

scottyfordy
12-19-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by honda209
i also think the s2k didnt guned it, it woulda keep a closer race even if the neon actually beat it., and still a neon its a neon an s2000 damn its an s2000. also some careless, pointless info just too add, the numbers the neon a 2.4L turbocharged 230hp, the s2k a 2.0L naturally aspirated 240hp (cuz that dun look like a new s2k which woulda be a 2.2L) how bout we put sum forced induction on the s2k too. sup now

Sup now, why do you think Honda didn't do that in the first place? And the S2000 was a 2.0 in 03, now it's a 2.2. Is it just me, or has been Honda realizing lately that displacement helps; V6 Accord, moving up to 2.2... :)

wake_rider
12-20-2003, 12:21 AM
Im going to assume you know nothing and not point at the fact that you claim Dodge made the GTO.

No, that's exactly what I meant to say. Pontiac consulted with Dodge on the power plant of the GTO.... They also contracted dodge engineers to help with the design of the exterior...

AI-Hatch
01-25-2004, 02:07 PM
I kno both the poeple in that video. The SRT-4 has the stage1 mods and the S2k only had a intake.

$lick Rick
01-25-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by fast5thgen
:werd: My best friend was a Chrysler tech for 5 years before he got his current job w/ Honda- he says that Dodge= $h!t and that the tools he used most were his heat wrench aka his blow torch and a stehoscope
you're friend has never touched a srt4 and knows nothing about them...
there are plenty of stock srt4's bringing back 13 second time slips from the track... on skinny ass tires.... how many honda's can do that? one maybe two, and they cost a hell of alot more. with all of the upgrades availiable from dodge you can get that thing into the low 13's and all under factory warranty

Musashi
01-25-2004, 02:40 PM
you all should understand:

SRT-4 is one of the TOP cars, in the BOYS TOYS catagory

S2000 is one of the BOTTOM cars in the MANS TOYS catagory

just like an R-34 Skyline is HIGH END
for Average income peeps, and it can woop all over a 360 Modena if its all modded up, the Ferrari is still a "better" car, even if its on the
LOW end of the sports car scale for
High income peeps!

S2000 = 30,000 dollar range, and its fast, and all around a sports car

SRT-4 = 20,000 range, and its sporty and, fast, yet affordable comfortable and reasonable

F360 = 140,000 range, its fast, and all around a super car

Skyline = 80,000 range, and its fast, its a supercar alright, just a more affordable, and roomier supercar

fast5thgen
01-25-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by pop-n-fresh
and you have? oh ya I forgot how you've owned 20+ cars in the last 5 years, my bad- maybe you should sell your 12 hondas and by an srt4- if you knew anything about the auto industry you would know that employees have a heads up on new products 1 to 2 years before they are released to the public. Techs especially because theres training involved.

Musashi
01-25-2004, 02:45 PM
its all really a matter of opinion, and the size of your wallet, why argue so much online, when you can do all the arguing you want on the track anyway, its just your opinion, and we all know opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink...........i personally really like the SRT-4, its a great car, i would drive one if i had the money, but, i'd probably rather have an E46 325ci for the same amount of cash, thats just my preference, and when it comes to the S2K versus the SRT, i would rather drive the S2K(that might be biased because i am a road course-er at heart...lol)..once again, MY opinion, you all are amusing when you argue this and that on the internet, and get all huffed up over it, no offense though!

fast5thgen
01-25-2004, 02:48 PM
there are plenty of stock srt4's bringing back 13 second time slips from the track... on skinny ass tires.... how many honda's can do that? one maybe two, and they cost a hell of alot more. with all of the upgrades availiable from dodge you can get that thing into the low 13's and all under factory warranty

it has a fuking turbo!? apples and oranges who's the idiot

$lick Rick
01-25-2004, 02:48 PM
and you have? oh ya I forgot how you've owned 20+ cars in the last 5 years, my bad- maybe you should sell your 12 hondas and by an srt4- if you knew anything about the auto industry you would know that employees have a heads up on new products 1 to 2 years before they are released to the public. Techs especially because theres training involved.
from my dad running the local chry/ply/dodge/mitsu store for 13 years to me still hanging out in their shop ... to having them work on all of my cars... i know many CURRENT dodge techs and they all like the srt4 and from personal experience (yes, i have driven them several times.. both 03 and 04 models) ... your friend is just a disgruntled ex-employee

$lick Rick
01-25-2004, 02:51 PM
it has a fuking turbo!? apples and oranges who's the idiot
honda's the idiot for not making cars THAT CAN HANDLE A TURBO. not my fault that honda doesnt make a motor with bottom end that can handle a 12 second 1/4 that doesnt cost $30k+ :D

Musashi
01-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Re- my two posts

fast5thgen
01-25-2004, 02:58 PM
honda's the idiot for not making cars THAT CAN HANDLE A TURBO. not my fault that honda doesnt make a motor with bottom end that can handle a 12 second 1/4 that doesnt cost $30k+ :D

the srt4 is a way for dodge to gain entry into a very lucrative aftermarket that exists on a million dollar scale because of honda- you could go as far as saying that the srt4 would not even exist otherwise-

$lick Rick
01-25-2004, 03:04 PM
the srt4 is a way for dodge to gain entry into a very lucrative aftermarket that exists on a million dollar scale because of honda- you could go as far as saying that the srt4 would not even exist otherwise-

that argument is the one honda owners always use when somebody else presents credible arguments for other cars... that's just lame

Musashi
01-25-2004, 03:05 PM

so true....although it wasn't quite as lucrative till the whole Fast n Ferocious thing came along, and then, it was the bad guy who drove the S2k, and the main cars were mitsu, mazda and toyota.....so really, if it weren't for japan's automotive industry in general, the SRT wouldn't be here, or something....i dunno

fast5thgen
01-25-2004, 03:05 PM
that argument is the one honda owners always use when somebody else presents credible arguments for other cars... that's just lame
its not lame -its the truth

$lick Rick
01-25-2004, 03:23 PM
its not lame -its the truth

what does it have to do with what i said or with this entire thread for that matter?

fast5thgen
01-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Musashi
so true....although it wasn't quite as lucrative till the whole Fast n Ferocious thing came along, and then, it was the bad guy who drove the S2k, and the main cars were mitsu, mazda and toyota.....so really, if it weren't for japan's automotive industry in general, the SRT wouldn't be here, or something....i dunno
thank you

$lick Rick
01-25-2004, 03:35 PM
gonna answer?

fast5thgen
01-25-2004, 03:35 PM
what does it have to do with what i said or with this entire thread for that matter?
from 1 pot head to another- put the pipe down- it was a reply to your post- it even has your quote in it. If you paid attention you would notice that you joined this thread like a month late-
question- does your dad own the dealership? if so why arn't you driving something new (srt4) w/ dealer tags on it. thats how all the dealership kids around here do it

fast5thgen
01-25-2004, 03:36 PM
gonna answer?

Musashi
01-25-2004, 03:37 PM
thank you
your welcome

this post serves its only brief purpose as a futile attempt to up my post count, in order to make for my extreme laziness/unwillingness to participate in any threads that might actually have some sort of solid value

$lick Rick
01-25-2004, 03:43 PM
from 1 pot head to another- put the pipe down- it was a reply to your post- it even has your quote in it. If you paid attention you would notice that you joined this thread like a month late-
question- does your dad own the dealership? if so why arn't you driving something new (srt4) w/ dealer tags on it. thats how all the dealership kids around here do it

yes it was a reply to my post... too bad it has nothing to do with my post. he quit after 13 years and me and him went in partners on our own carlot. i dont own a new car becuase it just wouldnt be wise. i buy a different car about every 8 months or less.... and if i wanted, i have around 80 cars to choose from on diff occasions

SeanMc300
01-25-2004, 03:52 PM
^^^ out of all the cars you can get, you got a civic?? anyone see anything wrong here.

also to reply to some earlier posts. the reason why honda doesnt make a honda that can "hang" with faster cars is because THAT WAS NEVER THEIR INTENDED PURPOSE!!!

also to the guy that said "youre still driving a neon", yes but you are still driving a civic. neons and civics both appeal to teen girls, moms and some dads.... the civic is a grocery getter, so is the neon. they are in the same category here people!!!!

$lick Rick
01-25-2004, 04:06 PM
^^^ out of all the cars you can get, you got a civic?? anyone see anything wrong here.

did you know that the #1 vehicle driven by self made millionaires is a ford extra cab 4x4 p/u?
some people use cars as status symbols... i am not one of them

Musashi
01-25-2004, 04:12 PM
wow, ALOT of excellent points here, and alot of people arguing against a point made by another, but using a point that doesn't have anything to do with the point made by that other person, mostly because it was a counter-point to a previous point made by someone else, because of another point made by guy number three that didn't seem to line up with the point made by fresco over there, and so we are all not accomplishing anything! whew i just made an excellent point about counter-points and points about other points that are unbiased or maybe posted in the wrong thread all together!! this thread only gets better as it progresses

MR99civicex
01-25-2004, 04:20 PM
wow, ALOT of excellent points here, and alot of people arguing against a point made by another, but using a point that doesn't have anything to do with the point made by that other person, mostly because it was a counter-point to a previous point made by someone else, because of another point made by guy number three that didn't seem to line up with the point made by fresco over there, and so we are all not accomplishing anything! whew i just made an excellent point about counter-points and points about other points that are unbiased or maybe posted in the wrong thread all together!! this thread only gets better as it progresses :wtf: :whip:

$lick Rick
01-25-2004, 04:21 PM
wow, ALOT of excellent points here, and alot of people arguing against a point made by another, but using a point that doesn't have anything to do with the point made by that other person, mostly because it was a counter-point to a previous point made by someone else, because of another point made by guy number three that didn't seem to line up with the point made by fresco over there, and so we are all not accomplishing anything! whew i just made an excellent point about counter-points and points about other points that are unbiased or maybe posted in the wrong thread all together!! this thread only gets better as it progresses

wow... just wow.... that made no sense... you really are just posting to up your count arent you? if you're just tring to get into the vip lounge.. there's nothing worth whoring in there.

fast5thgen
01-25-2004, 04:33 PM
what ever I here theirs boobs in there! :hitlol:

$lick Rick
01-25-2004, 04:35 PM
what ever I here theirs boobs in there! :hitlol:

here yah go
>click on me< (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=boobs)

munky
01-25-2004, 06:04 PM
i got a 404

baby99si
01-25-2004, 07:09 PM
To pop-n-fresh you did make alot of good points but you were only worng about saying that inorder to make a honda 13 sec car it is way to expensive thats not true at all.86 crx 1000$ B16 swap with axels i/h/e ecu six puck clutch new fuel rail 5000$ dollars 1/4 time on "skinny street tires" 13.6 everything else i would agree wiht but i would still pick the S2000.

$lick Rick
01-25-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by baby99si
To pop-n-fresh you did make alot of good points but you were only worng about saying that inorder to make a honda 13 sec car it is way to expensive thats not true at all.86 crx 1000$ B16 swap with axels i/h/e ecu six puck clutch new fuel rail 5000$ dollars 1/4 time on "skinny street tires" 13.6 everything else i would agree wiht but i would still pick the S2000.

for the same money you could swap a 4g63t into an early 90's hyundai accent and with minor mods run low 12's :D

i was talking about factory produced cars though.

baby99si
01-25-2004, 07:17 PM
for the same money you could swap a 4g63t into an early 90's hyundai accent and with minor mods run low 12's :D

i was talking about factory produced cars though.

Haha damnit well im going to argue but im sure ill lose you could get for cheaper a 91 hatch put a H22A in it and run 12's like that :lol: you may prove me wrong now.

baby99si
01-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Oh my bad didnt even notice the factory car thing my bad

$lick Rick
01-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by baby99si
Haha damnit well im going to argue but im sure ill lose you could get for cheaper a 91 hatch put a H22A in it and run 12's like that :lol: you may prove me wrong now.

it's been done, that swap from what i hear is REALLY hard. and i still hear that those cars runnin 13's... a good driver could make all the difference though.

the accent is about the same weight as 4th gen hatches and with the 4g63 you could pump out around 240 horsies with relatively minor mods.

fast5thgen
01-26-2004, 02:06 AM
all that stuff is good and true but were still talking turbo vs NA, factory parts or not they are different animals-- if you take away the turbo the honda wins - usually w/less displacement and less tourqe

brian
01-26-2004, 01:28 PM
srt-4 is not a neon. its a dodge sports car. and whats so bad about driving a neon, expecially when they are nice sleepers, grest suspensions, and look funny owning anything... how are you going to talk about driving a neon.. when you mod the same econobox honda.

dodge did it right, they owning everything for less money.

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 01:55 PM
all that stuff is good and true but were still talking turbo vs NA, factory parts or not they are different animals-- if you take away the turbo the honda wins - usually w/less displacement and less tourqe

only becuase of it's variable valve timing (vtec) which is another motor in itself... v.v.t./displacement/turbo/supercharger.. diff manufacturers use different technology to gain performance....... honda just hasnt come to the darkside of turbo's yet
so by your logic you cannot compare a vtec motor to a non vtec either... as it was said earlier.. honda = econobox where as srt4 = performance :D

6sic6
01-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by brian
srt-4 is not a neon. its a dodge sports car. and whats so bad about driving a neon, expecially when they are nice sleepers, grest suspensions, and look funny owning anything... how are you going to talk about driving a neon.. when you mod the same econobox honda.

dodge did it right, they owning everything for less money.

It's still a neon. It still looks like shit. It's still gonna get made fun of. They should have put all that work into a whole new car and scrapped the neon.

6sic6
01-26-2004, 02:03 PM
The only reason so many kids own neons is because they aren't worth anything. Their resale value is shit. They are indeed shit. You can make it go fast but, it's still just fast moving shit.

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by 6sic6
The only reason so many kids own neons is because they aren't worth anything. Their resale value is shit. They are indeed shit. You can make it go fast but, it's still just fast moving shit.

it shares similar body styling to the neon... that is all... the seats are infact scaled down versions of dodge viper seats. and the motor/tranny/turbo/electrical setup is far from being a piece of shit.

6sic6
01-26-2004, 02:08 PM
it shares similar body styling to the neon... that is all... the seats are infact scaled down versions of dodge viper seats. and the motor/tranny/turbo/electrical setup is far from being a piece of shit.
Everything internal could have been changed. It's still a neon. What the fuck does it look like?

2GCIVI
01-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Why even post that kind of video on this site?

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 02:10 PM
Everything internal could have been changed. It's still a neon. What the fuck does it look like?
it's a neon that will woop any honda's ass then :D if the only reason you have to dislike the car is the fact that it sorta looks like a neon but you know nothing else about the car then you are in need of some education son

Matt
01-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Fuck a Neon SRT4, the car is not built to last. Have any of you ever actually drove in one? They feel fucking cheap as hell. Sure they might be faster then alot of cars in or above thier price range but will they last? Thier qaulity isnt the best.

6sic6
01-26-2004, 02:15 PM
it's a neon that will woop any honda's ass then :D if the only reason you have to dislike the car is the fact that it sorta looks like a neon but you know nothing else about the car then you are in need of some education son
I'm not in need of some education, and I'm not your son. I don't care what's inside when it looks like that on the outside. A camaro can whoop a honda big fuckin deal I can't stand what they look like from the 1970 on up. All I'm saying is when it drives down the road unless you know shit about cars you think it's just another neon. Well, 90% of the people you pull up on don't give a shit how fast it goes it's a neon.

6sic6
01-26-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Mattmob
Fuck a Neon SRT4, the car is not built to last. Have any of you ever actually drove in one? They feel fucking cheap as hell. Sure they might be faster then alot of cars in or above thier price range but will they last? Thier qaulity isnt the best.
werd

fast5thgen
01-26-2004, 02:38 PM
only becuase of it's variable valve timing (vtec) which is another motor in itself... v.v.t./displacement/turbo/supercharger.. diff manufacturers use different technology to gain performance....... honda just hasnt come to the darkside of turbo's yet
so by your logic you cannot compare a vtec motor to a non vtec either... as it was said earlier.. honda = econobox where as srt4 = performance :D
vtec is not another motor and yes you can compare the 2- turbos and superchargers are forced induction- vtec doesn't increse the pressure of the air it just alows more in- car companies that don't have something like it are just fukin themselves and the consumer for that matter. At this point you have to ask yourself why- why wouldn't you want a car the can get such good gas mileage and still have the potential to make power

by the way Honda has turbo vehicals- and they have been producing turbo powered race engins for years, they even have a turbo fukin wave runner, which I will own sooner or later

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 02:47 PM

i've driven several and i was pleasently surprised actually. they need wider wheel/tires but the stock 17's were sorta nice.. and the seats were nice as hell, the boost gauge looked kick ass to :D

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 02:49 PM
car companies that don't have something like it are just fukin themselves and the consumer for that matter.

same goes for honda not offering a turbo. they make turbo'd engines that they dont offer in ANY of their cars... so that doesnt mean shit

Matt
01-26-2004, 02:50 PM
They cut alot of corners to make that car affordable. I know it is fast as hell but everybody thinks its godly. I mean a comparible car from another company will cost high 20's or low 30's. 19 for that car.... no thanks... I would rather spend the extra 10 and get the qaulity.

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 02:51 PM
I'm not in need of some education, and I'm not your son. I don't care what's inside when it looks like that on the outside. A camaro can whoop a honda big fuckin deal I can't stand what they look like from the 1970 on up. All I'm saying is when it drives down the road unless you know shit about cars you think it's just another neon. Well, 90% of the people you pull up on don't give a shit how fast it goes it's a neon.

you need education because you obviously dont know shit about them. just another pissed off honda owner

fast5thgen
01-26-2004, 02:55 PM
what pisses of honda owners is someone who comes on a pro honda sight w/ a honda sig(sigs the new internet rice) and trashes and talks shit about the cars and the people while giving the reach around to a neon!

theres nothing wrong with liking other cars but maybe you should change your approach- all things considered

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 02:55 PM
They cut alot of corners to make that car affordable. I know it is fast as hell but everybody thinks its godly. I mean a comparible car from another company will cost high 20's or low 30's. 19 for that car.... no thanks... I would rather spend the extra 10 and get the qaulity.
that's still another 10 thousand dollars though just for a little more comfort. people who are buying these cars really dont have the option of spending that much. compared to other cars in it's price range it's my #1 choice. the fact that it's being compared to cars that cost $10k+ more is impressive in itself. only thing about the srt4 i didnt care for was the lack of power windows in the rear... but i dont sit in the rear so i dont really care. and a brand new car that can run low 14's high 13's out of the box is pretty impressive

fast5thgen
01-26-2004, 02:58 PM
no power windows in the rear? what else does it not have?

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 02:59 PM
what pisses of honda owners is someone who comes on a pro honda sight w/ a honda sig(sigs the new internet rice) and trashes and talks shit about the cars and the people while giving the reach around to a neon!

theres nothing wrong with liking other cars but maybe you should change your approach- all things considered

i didnt trash honda... i said they should offer a turbo because they are missing out on a large part of the market. what i hate is honda owners that get delirious about their honda's and wont except the fact that another car company can do something right. if you really do think honda makes the worlds best car and that they are bulletproof then you need a reality check there son

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 03:02 PM
no power windows in the rear? what else does it not have?
it's funny that you will bash this car to no end but you obviously dont know shit about it

if you dont like dodges then i'm guessing you just arent going to buy one. dont just bash it without knowing anything about them though.. if you're gonna bash the do a little research first

fast5thgen
01-26-2004, 03:06 PM
I know plenty about it- just not that it didn't have power rear windows, which seemed odd so I thought I'd ask the so called expert and save myself some bullshit- we all see how well that worked

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 03:07 PM
I know plenty about it- just not that it didn't have power rear windows, which seemed odd so I thought I'd ask the so called expert and save myself some bullshit- we all see how well that worked

the only person calling me the expert is you :D

fast5thgen
01-26-2004, 03:11 PM
i didnt trash honda... i said they should offer a turbo because they are missing out on a large part of the market. what i hate is honda owners that get delirious about their honda's and wont except the fact that another car company can do something right. if you really do think honda makes the worlds best car and that they are bulletproof then you need a reality check there son

how many motor swaps happen on hondas a day- I bet at least 1 and I know it has to be more than that because I've done it to my own car 3 times in three years- all of my motors came straight from the junk yard(one was 10 years old before I ever got it) and they all fired on the 1st or 2nd try- try that w/ a neon and let me know how it goes.

stop calling me son - sally

fast5thgen
01-26-2004, 03:14 PM
the only person calling me the expert is you :D

that made your day didn't it

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 03:14 PM
how many motor swaps happen on hondas a day- I bet at least 1 and I know it has to be more than that because I've done it to my own car 3 times in three years- all of my motors came straight from the junk yard(one was 10 years old before I ever got it) and they all fired on the 1st or 2nd try- try that w/ a neon and let me know how it goes.

stop calling me son - sally

you dont need to swap with a neon.. dodge puts a good motor in there straight from the factory son :D it's sad that the only way you can make a civic fast is to put a different motor in it... unless you're in japan that is

imracin101
01-26-2004, 03:16 PM
SRT=suck ass

fast5thgen
01-26-2004, 03:16 PM
its not the only way its just another option- ther are plenty of people making big power w/ the single cam motor- maybe you should do more reserch

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 03:19 PM
its not the only way its just another option- ther are plenty of people making big power w/ the single cam motor- maybe you should do more reserch

hahah... yeah, you can make power with honda's good ol sohc... it just cost's thousands to get the hp up to the hp of a stock r/t neon... let alone an srt4...

6sic6
01-26-2004, 03:24 PM
A chrysler is far from bullet proof. I'm just wondering why you're suppporting this neon so much? All I ever see of chrysler is at the used car dealership for next to nothing because no one wants them. Even people who don't know shit about cars know when a car breaks down on them too much.

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 03:29 PM
A chrysler is far from bullet proof. I'm just wondering why you're suppporting this neon so much? All I ever see of chrysler is at the used car dealership for next to nothing because no one wants them. Even people who don't know shit about cars know when a car breaks down on them too much.
i'm wondering why you're bashing it so much.. this car has only been on the market for 2 years but in the 2 years has gained huge backing from most of the sport compact community. there is nothing wrong with these cars.. costomer satisfaction rate is sky high, and these cars are FUCKING quick.

6sic6
01-26-2004, 03:33 PM
why don't you join a neon forum son?

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 03:44 PM
why don't you join a neon forum son?

haha... damn... you guys just cant stand any other cars being decent cars.... that's sad. if they only wanted civics discussed on this site then they'd have only one forum called "civics"

6sic6
01-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Chrysler=not decent. You obviously liked something better about the hondas you bought one. We just prefer everything about a honda as opposed to a neon. I'm not freaked out because another car company made a fast car. I'm just giving my opinion, you're not gonna change it, I'm not changing yours either.

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Chrysler=not decent. You obviously liked something better about the hondas you bought one. We just prefer everything about a honda as opposed to a neon. I'm not freaked out because another car company made a fast car. I'm just giving my opinion, you're not gonna change it, I'm not changing yours either.

i liked the fact that i bought my civic for $3500 under wholesale bluebook :D

scottyfordy
01-26-2004, 03:52 PM

If Chrysler is so shit perhaps you can explain why they're constantly ranked above Honda in reliablity and build cars that can take Ferraris, not fucking Geo Metros.

Perhaps what he liked about his Honda was fuel economy, but sure as shit he wasn't impressed with the speed. Honda's are economy cars, get used to it.

6sic6
01-26-2004, 03:52 PM
i liked the fact that i bought my civic for $3500 under wholesale bluebook :D
That's it?

needboost
01-26-2004, 03:53 PM
you all are very close-minded. i had a neon dohc before my civic, and i still miss the power and torque the engine had over my d16y8.

to all the people bashing the srt-4: anyone notice how many awards it has won? notice that it was sport compact car's car of the year? check it out and do some homework before you follow in the footsteps of your fellow bashers. well, i guess bashing takes a lot less energy and mental capacity than actually listening to what people have to say and researching the subject even a little bit.

6sic6
01-26-2004, 03:54 PM
???Originally posted by scottyfordy [/i]
If Chrysler is so shit perhaps you can explain why they're constantly ranked above Honda in reliablity and build cars that can take Ferraris, not fucking Geo Metros.

Perhaps what he liked about his Honda was fuel economy, but sure as shit he wasn't impressed with the speed. Honda's are economy cars, get used to it. [/QUOTE]
no shit? I didn't know that... good thing you told me. thanks.

brian
01-26-2004, 03:55 PM
haha... damn... you guys just cant stand any other cars being decent cars.... that's sad. if they only wanted civics discussed on this site then they'd have only one forum called "civics"

I just got here and already noticed they love their hondas lol.

6sic6
01-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by brian
I just got here and already noticed they love their hondas lol.
werd
I'm just sayin I don't like chryslers period after 1970. I'm sure there are some cars they don't like too. I know learn all I want to about them that doesn't change whether i want one in my driveway.

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 04:06 PM
That's it?

show me a place where you can buy them for less... i'll buy every single 95 ex coupe with 80k on the odo for 2 grand you can find

6sic6
01-26-2004, 04:10 PM
show me a place where you can buy them for less... i'll buy every single 95 ex coupe with 80k on the odo for 2 grand you can find
Nah, not the price thing... I just thought you'd have more reasons to buying your car than just price. Now who's gettin pissy.

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 04:28 PM
Nah, not the price thing... I just thought you'd have more reasons to buying your car than just price. Now who's gettin pissy.
i was serious.. i can sell hondas for about a grand above retail bbk.

6sic6
01-26-2004, 04:31 PM
i was serious.. i can sell hondas for about a grand above retail bbk.
Yeah, I know... hondas are retarded in my area. A 99 still goes for 10-12,000. They just don't go down in value but, surely you like it for something other than that. A buyer doesn't choose a car simply because of resale value if that were the case no one would ever buy a ford taurus.

$lick Rick
01-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I know... hondas are retarded in my area. A 99 still goes for 10-12,000. They just don't go down in value but, surely you like it for something other than that. A buyer doesn't choose a car simply because of resale value if that were the case no one would ever buy a ford taurus.
i own a carlot so all i think about is resale value :D it was a good deal on a clean car that i can fix up and drive for a year or so and put some miles on it, get great gas mileage, and at the end sell it for a profit

fast5thgen
01-26-2004, 06:15 PM
Saw a comercial today that said the camery was the best selling car in america for 15 years running- 1/2 hour later I saw one that said the taurus is the best selling car in america- I just herd a radio comercial that said the accord is the best selling car- and now chrysler is ranked above honda in reliability -its like some alternate universefull of crazy stats- I bet it rains up, the sun is blue, the ocean is red, cats and dogs living together in harmony, what a pretty picture.

side note- their resale value should be a clue

baby99si
01-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Toyota is number two GM is number one and chrysler has a new car comeing out wiht 850 hp and 850 tourque with quad turbo dont liek them just found that out today and htought i would mention it.

fasteddy
01-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by needboost
you all are very close-minded. i had a neon dohc before my civic, and i still miss the power and torque the engine had over my d16y8.

to all the people bashing the srt-4: anyone notice how many awards it has won? notice that it was sport compact car's car of the year? check it out and do some homework before you follow in the footsteps of your fellow bashers. well, i guess bashing takes a lot less energy and mental capacity than actually listening to what people have to say and researching the subject even a little bit.

Yeah, well, in 2002 the RSX won a shit load of awards also, and i'm pretty sure everyone here thinks they are shit, or at least I do since i worked and drove them at acura.....Awards don't mean anything

6sic6
01-27-2004, 09:04 AM
opinions, opinions, opinions we're all full of them. It's great to be a part of this community. lol

pop-n-fresh, you probably get to drive a lot of cool cars owning a car lot. I wouldn't wanna have to be a salesman but, I damn sure wouldn't mind ownin the place and driving whatever car I wanted to.

$lick Rick
01-27-2004, 11:14 AM
opinions, opinions, opinions we're all full of them. It's great to be a part of this community. lol

pop-n-fresh, you probably get to drive a lot of cool cars owning a car lot. I wouldn't wanna have to be a salesman but, I damn sure wouldn't mind ownin the place and driving whatever car I wanted to.

it's nifty at first, but then you get tired of switching cars all the time and just settle. it is kinda nice though, i'm taking my girlfriend and her 9 year old brother up to some snow parks today so i get my pick of 4x4 to take up there :D

6sic6
01-27-2004, 11:26 AM
it's nifty at first, but then you get tired of switching cars all the time and just settle. it is kinda nice though, i'm taking my girlfriend and her 9 year old brother up to some snow parks today so i get my pick of 4x4 to take up there :D
Good call, got any H2's? 8)

$lick Rick
01-27-2004, 11:31 AM
Good call, got any H2's? 8)

haha, naw. i think i'm going to take either a jeep cherokee or an expedition. both have done good in the snow for me, but we had one of those 4x4 mazda mpv's with the locking diferentials... that thing did AWESOME on snow/ice.. i was going places that people with chains on had problems with. it did have sorta meaty tires on it though.

6sic6
01-27-2004, 12:28 PM
The Jeep Grand Cherokee I had was awesome in the snow but, just broke down all the time. I've got a 2 wheel drive s-15 that I drive in shitty weather now. It doesn't get around for shit but, I don't worry about getting hit in it.