PDA

View Full Version : 5+min long Srt4 movie :)

JDM_EJ94EX
12-17-2003, 06:51 PM
This is a ad that is over 5min long and its free!

Click Here (http://www.cunningconcepts.com/c4/albums/album66/srt4.wmv)

Enjoy :)

SeanMc300
12-17-2003, 06:59 PM
HAHAAHAH id loe to see a srt4 actually beat a wrx.....

scottyfordy
12-18-2003, 12:14 AM
They do all the time.

Srtforums.com

SeanMc300
12-18-2003, 12:15 AM
that shit is biased. just like honda stories. i dont really belive em. thts just me.

wake_rider
12-18-2003, 02:57 AM
junk

Rick James
12-18-2003, 03:06 AM
an sti would waste that thing
all the people could say on here that there civic can beat a WRX but that dont mean shit

Sound Streamin'
12-18-2003, 03:19 AM
I know for a fact they can beat a WRX, but the SRT-4 needs some tuning to do it. With the boost cranked up a bit it will beat one.

BlueSi2000
12-18-2003, 07:25 PM
wow surprised the neon didnt blow up..

$lick Rick
12-18-2003, 07:37 PM
that neon has 230 hp bone stock for $10k less than an sti. srt4's also have tons of upgrades avaliable from the dealership and are all completely under factory warranty.

nissin67
12-18-2003, 09:59 PM
oh well.. is majorly a DODGE thing going on... is funny to see a fiction story like this!!! lol

but nice to see some great driving though...

blaklyte
12-18-2003, 10:16 PM
I will just say that I enjoyed watching that vid and it was juste fun to watch.

$lick Rick
12-18-2003, 10:26 PM
srt4's can beat a sti with nothing but minor mods.

now that movie would have been complete fiction if it was a honda instead of a srt4

$lick Rick
12-18-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by nissin67
oh well.. is majorly a DODGE thing going on... is funny to see a fiction story like this!!! lol

i bet you could beat him though. that type r interior adds 300whp dont jah know?

v-teced
12-20-2003, 03:57 PM
That was so fuckin gay........first off, i woulda stayed out with that bitch....fuck tryin to make it home, i woulda tapped that ass......second, if you set a stock STi against that pos Podge, guess who would win?....thought so.
StOOpid advertisement!!

AFP520
12-20-2003, 11:29 PM
good vid

caddy
12-21-2003, 05:24 AM
that was a pretty cool vid but neons still blow :P

Magoots
12-21-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by nissin67

Yeah. And I love the Fast & the Furious driving!!!1:shock:

Rick James
12-21-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by pop-n-fresh
srt4's can beat a sti with nothing but minor mods.

you are the biggest fucking retard ever.
No way in hell a srt-4 could beat a STI
you need to fucking be quiet

Magoots
12-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by eminemslm0
Stock to stock, no. A modded SRT could beat a stock STi, yes, but thats irrelevant.
BTW I love your avatar Eminem.

$lick Rick
12-21-2003, 03:24 PM

learn what the f00k you're talking about then you may applogize to me.

$lick Rick
12-21-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Magoots
Stock to stock, no. A modded SRT could beat a stock STi, yes, but thats irrelevant.
BTW I love your avatar Eminem.

and no that's not irrelevant, that was my entire point considering stock to stock the sti's cost is around $10,000 more.

Magoots
12-21-2003, 06:47 PM
and no that's not irrelevant, that was my entire point considering stock to stock the sti's cost is around $10,000 more.
Nobodys talking cost. Were talking race.
Knock Knock.
Come on in buddy.

Kjeldor
12-21-2003, 06:58 PM
ohhh fuck that
am willing to take a ass beating as long as i would of been able to tap that ass. that girl is fine!

$lick Rick
12-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Nobodys talking cost. Were talking race.
Knock Knock.
Come on in buddy.

you need to just shut the f@ck up. you can build an srt4 that will whoop an sti for thousands and thousands less the the cost of a stock sti.
pucker them lips i gotta loly pop for yah

Magoots
12-21-2003, 07:29 PM
you need to just shut the f@ck up. you can build an srt4 that will whoop an sti for thousands and thousands less the the cost of a stock sti.
pucker them lips i gotta loly pop for yah
Take a turd. A regular, crappy old turd.
Spend thousands of dollars on mods, weight reductions, make it look nice, make it fast as hell.
End of the day, its still a crappy old turd.

imracin101
12-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by blaklyte
I will just say that I enjoyed watching that vid and it was juste fun to watch.
I agree.

$lick Rick
12-21-2003, 08:05 PM
Spend thousands of dollars on mods, weight reductions, make it look nice, make it fast as hell.

and that right there is the civic philosophy

and not thousands... i'd say a little over a grand and you'd be leaving sti's in your rearview and that's without any weight reductions and thanks to all the parts avaliable from the factory the car would still be under warranty :D

good job now are you ready for your lolypop?

Magoots
12-21-2003, 08:32 PM
and that right there is the civic philosophy

and not thousands... i'd say a little over a grand and you'd be leaving sti's in your rearview and that's without any weight reductions and thanks to all the parts avaliable from the factory the car would still be under warranty :D

good job now are you ready for your lolypop?
You need to stop relying on your false sense of security. When you can get reciepts, and timeslips, THEN I'll believe the horse shit spewing from your insignificant mouth, or fingers, or whatever you're doing to make yourself sound so rediculous.
I'm ready for my lollypop Mr. Devile.

$lick Rick
12-21-2003, 08:36 PM
you're stupidity is obvious. learn just a little itty bit about the car you're insulting then talk.... but till then :moon:

Magoots
12-21-2003, 09:19 PM
you're stupidity is obvious. learn just a little itty bit about the car you're insulting then talk.... but till then :moon:
I know its a turbo Neon, what else is there to learn?

$lick Rick
12-21-2003, 09:22 PM
for you... nothing. it's just not going to happen. it's like you have some block in your brain that only lets through slimy smelly shit and blocks all usefull information.
i'm sorry for you

Magoots
12-21-2003, 09:25 PM
for you... nothing. it's just not going to happen. it's like you have some block in your brain that only lets through slimy smelly shit and blocks all usefull information.
i'm sorry for you
I'm sorry for the people who have to listen to you daily.

DirtyD
12-21-2003, 09:26 PM
holy attack of the n00bs, damn, both of you just stop your petty arguing. Damn, this thread has a topic for a reason.

$lick Rick
12-21-2003, 09:30 PM
hey look.. the can00bian spoke :D
go smoke a j and pretend this was all a bad dream
atleast that's what i'm doing =]-~

bklynEG
12-21-2003, 09:35 PM
i dont give a shit how fast that thing is. could run 10's for all i care. i still aint drivin that shit. call me slow, i dont give a fuck that shit is still a neon.

DirtyD
12-21-2003, 09:36 PM
:wstupid: I actually don't mind how they look compared to other neons though. Remember, I said compared to other neons...

They got a nice sound to em too. Does anyone know what kind of psi they're running stock?

Rick James
12-21-2003, 09:38 PM
i could mod my civic to beat a viper or a corvette but that doesnt mean shit
im not gonna apoligize to u either

bklynEG
12-21-2003, 09:39 PM
i respect that car for being as fast as it is for a neon. its just not my thing, thats all.

$lick Rick
12-21-2003, 10:17 PM
i could mod my civic to beat a viper or a corvette but that doesnt mean shit
im not gonna apoligize to u either

if you can do that for under 2 grand i'll give you mad props for being a f@cking magician or a liar.

$lick Rick
12-21-2003, 10:18 PM
hahaha you can have a 04 srt4 that beats 04 sti for less than the cost of a 04 si

$lick Rick
12-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by bklynEG
i respect that car for being as fast as it is for a neon. its just not my thing, thats all.

and you're right, the car isnt for everyone. some people will never own domestics and that's their personal choice. that doesnt mean it's not an awesome deal for the money or that it is a piece of crap. when people start talking about domestics like this they sound just as bad if not worse than domestic owners talking about civics.

caddy
12-22-2003, 12:13 AM
Yeah they're fast, but think of the reason why Honda doesnt mass produce a turbo civic or integra. They spent their money into technology that matters more like effeciency, reliability, etc,. Someone can just stick a 350 into a datsun to make it stupid fast, but is that effecient? Or in this case, up the displacement to 2.4L and stick on a turbo and its fast. I mean if you think about it, you could pop in a b18c5 into an 5th gen hatch and stock its beating the neon with a much smaller displacement and no forced induction for even less cash. Ya the STi is more money but it has the backup of being proven time and again in WRC be being an excellent all around performer. It was never about a 1/4 mile slip, it was about the whole package. Shit, if a fast car in the 1/4 mile is what you want, buy a mustang GT and mod that.

AFP520
12-22-2003, 12:16 AM

your an idiot man... maybe for you its a crappy old turd... im spending thousands of dollars, looks nice, and is fast as hell.. and at the end of the day.. its a polished turd :twisted:

$lick Rick
12-22-2003, 04:36 AM
it may or may not be a turd... either way, as long as it comes with a big fat warranty i'm ok with it :D or better yet... lease it AND get the warranty, that way you could run that bish into the ground then turn it back in after a couple years and if anything goes wrong in the meantime you're covered.

$lick Rick
12-22-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by caddy
Yeah they're fast, but think of the reason why Honda doesnt mass produce a turbo civic or integra. They spent their money into technology that matters more like effeciency, reliability, etc,. Someone can just stick a 350 into a datsun to make it stupid fast, but is that effecient? Or in this case, up the displacement to 2.4L and stick on a turbo and its fast. I mean if you think about it, you could pop in a b18c5 into an 5th gen hatch and stock its beating the neon with a much smaller displacement and no forced induction for even less cash. Ya the STi is more money but it has the backup of being proven time and again in WRC be being an excellent all around performer. It was never about a 1/4 mile slip, it was about the whole package. Shit, if a fast car in the 1/4 mile is what you want, buy a mustang GT and mod that.

THE SRT4 COSTS UNDER $20k!!! that's the point people seem to miss. you get slightly less performance than an sti FOR UNDER $20K. and even though it's not proven it still has a warranty, and seeing how the average length of a cars ownership is now under 4 years... get an extended warranty and you'll be covered till the day you say bye bye.

$lick Rick
12-22-2003, 04:42 AM

THE SRT4 COSTS UNDER $20k!!! that's the point people seem to miss. you get slightly less performance than an sti FOR UNDER $20K. and even though it's not proven it still has a warranty, and seeing how the average length of a cars ownership is now under 4 years... get an extended warranty and you'll be covered till the day you say bye bye. say it with me now.... F A C T O R Y W A R R A N T Y. so lets recap... brand spanking new car with 230hp and already boosted (a boosted engine is soooooooo much easier and less expensive to squeeze hp out of than a n/a) with a kick ass warranty that will fix almost ANYTHING that goes wrong during your ownership all for thousands and thousands less then the comperable vehicle. what could be wrong with that? (besides it's a neon.. captain obvious has already stated this many many many times)

caddy
12-22-2003, 05:13 AM
I know its under $20,000. That's my point. You can buy a brand new Mustang GT with 260hp, more torque and responds way better to mods, for about the same price. And stock performance numbers are pretty close too. Besides, they sound better and have been around for a while. Id take a reliable v8 over a neon 4banger any day

$lick Rick
12-22-2003, 05:19 AM
i'd still take the boosted 4 banger but that might just be me. good job on finding a comperable deal though

AFP520
12-22-2003, 07:52 PM
I know its under $20,000. That's my point. You can buy a brand new Mustang GT with 260hp, more torque and responds way better to mods, for about the same price. And stock performance numbers are pretty close too. Besides, they sound better and have been around for a while. Id take a reliable v8 over a neon 4banger any day or you can buy a tacoma s-runner.. supercharge it.. and beat mustang gt's all day long :D i love it when their jaws drop cuz they just got beat by a pickup truck

scottyfordy
12-22-2003, 09:56 PM
Oh, now V8s are reliable. I love the hypocracy that exists here.

caddy
12-23-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by scottyfordy
Oh, now V8s are reliable. I love the hypocracy that exists here.

Ha, I have nothing against domestics. I've been service manager for a while at a good sized automotive repair facility. And the good old 350s, 302s and many Buicks have been great (as long as their owners take car of them of course). It's the smaller displacement engines that PISS me off. Im sick of telling good customers that they need to rebuild their stupid windstar or taurus 3.8 liter... with not even 100,000 miles on it. Im sick of carvans throwing belts, getting seized tensioners and pulleys, blowing oil seals all over the fuqen place. Oh and Neons, i dont know where to begin. You shouldnt have to re-engineer an alternator mount on a car thats been in production for quite a few years now. And Suburbans! holy shite!!! Of course a lot of people are going to use suburbans for towing, but what GM wont tell you is that your radiator cant handle the excess thermal pressures and will blow within a year or two, and the fix for that? re-design the WHOLE front end. I could go on forever. Why am I an import fan? Mostly Honda and Toyota at that. I like forged crankshafts with perfect bearing clearance, not this cast iron crap. With blocks that can handle many times there rated horsepower. with superior cooling for high reving engines. And wonderfully balanced pistons, connecting rods and crankshafts. duel cam profiles to give me great gas mileage AND great performance (which MASS produced engine was the first to put out 100 hp per litre?). I like lighter cars that brakes quicker and have more nimble handling to avoid accidents. Sure more torque would be nice, but the good outweighs the bad.

Ya the V8's are reliable proven pushrod engines, but cmon, lets get some better technology in there that stays reliable. Lets get some dual cam profiles, some forged crankshafts, some stronger shot blocks, some multi valve heads with proper hardware that doesnt bind up, lets get some gaskets that dont leak oil every few thousand miles, lets get some better designed head flow, ignition systems that dont burn out after a bad rainstorm, some pulley bearings that doent seize up prematurely and throw belts.

Wow that's a long rant. I'm going to bed.

StanghaterCivic
12-23-2003, 03:49 PM
they make an 04 Si i didnt know that, wtf does it look like?

EM1_ProJect
12-23-2003, 04:02 PM
man that video was fuckin baddass. i dont like SRT-4's that much but the video makes them look so nice. some kid around here has one and he wanted to race my Si...i was like...."umm no??, what for, to waste my gas, and lose" only 220HP but...pretty quick

$lick Rick
12-23-2003, 04:08 PM
I know its under $20,000. That's my point. You can buy a brand new Mustang GT with 260hp, more torque and responds way better to mods, for about the same price. And stock performance numbers are pretty close too. Besides, they sound better and have been around for a while. Id take a reliable v8 over a neon 4banger any day

i wouldnt go as far as to say mustangs respond better to mods... even you have to admit that it's alot easier and cheaper to squeeze hp out of a boosted engine with nothing but minor mods and a good tuning. this neon is nothing like any other neon on the market. only thing it shares is body and some wiring.

$lick Rick
12-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by xsolidzx
man that video was fuckin baddass. i dont like SRT-4's that much but the video makes them look so nice. some kid around here has one and he wanted to race my Si...i was like...."umm no??, what for, to waste my gas, and lose" only 220HP but...pretty quick

230hp and DAMN quick

EM1_ProJect
12-23-2003, 04:47 PM
230hp and DAMN quick
this kid Brad that my brother knows has one in black. He was in front of me and i rode his ass on purpose and he dropped a gear on me....thing took off, so i dropped a gear for fun and i might as well have been walking.

$lick Rick
12-23-2003, 10:53 PM
this kid Brad that my brother knows has one in black. He was in front of me and i rode his ass on purpose and he dropped a gear on me....thing took off, so i dropped a gear for fun and i might as well have been walking.

the first time i ever saw one i was riding in my friends 97 gsx eclipse, we were on the freeway doing 55 when one pulled up next to us with a bunch of teenagers hanging out the window revin, we reved back and they took fhe f@ck off... we didnt even bother trying to catch up. i have been drooling ever since.

nellorific
12-23-2003, 11:25 PM
^ after reading all this, i suppose the SRT4 is great for the price its being sold as. I dont know so much about reliability because come on now, a car that quick for that cheap isn't so for no reason. they must have cut corners somewhere in order to be able to sell a car pumping that much power out to be under 20k. Sti's are so expensive because they have the means to be. All in all, you get what you pay for - my opinion.

munky
12-24-2003, 12:36 AM
sweet vid. those cars are tight

Rick James
12-24-2003, 12:37 AM
i know the srt-4 is a great deal but i wouldnt wana drive a neon no matter what

AFP520
12-24-2003, 12:41 AM
i know the srt-4 is a great deal but i wouldnt wana drive a neon no matter what i have to agree

wake_rider
12-24-2003, 01:12 AM
neons are junk, that's the only reason I wouldn't drive one... Otherwise, congrats to dodge for coming up with something different.

scottyfordy
12-24-2003, 02:02 AM
Just wait for the SRT-6. :)

v-teced
12-24-2003, 02:23 AM
Or you could just buy an Acura RSX Type S with 200hp, 6 gears, for around 20K, spend a little bit on a turbo, and your whipin this Mopar POS, just like a WRX STi, with 300hp off the assembly line, would do.

EM1_ProJect
12-24-2003, 02:30 AM
the first time i ever saw one i was riding in my friends 97 gsx eclipse, we were on the freeway doing 55 when one pulled up next to us with a bunch of teenagers hanging out the window revin, we reved back and they took fhe f@ck off... we didnt even bother trying to catch up. i have been drooling ever since.

a turbo, all wheel drive eclipse couldnt hold a SRT-4....i would try racing him. imo i think it would be pretty fair... ::shrugs::

v-teced
12-24-2003, 02:44 AM
a turbo, all wheel drive eclipse couldnt hold a SRT-4....i would try racing him. imo i think it would be pretty fair... ::shrugs::
he said gsX not gsT........i dont think a 97gsx is all wheel drive either.......not for sure....not a Mitsubitchi fan

scottyfordy
12-24-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by v-teced
Or you could just buy an Acura RSX Type S with 200hp, 6 gears, for around 20K, spend a little bit on a turbo, and your whipin this Mopar POS, just like a WRX STi, with 300hp off the assembly line, would do.

An Acura RSX Type S would so get destroyed by an SRT-4. 5.8 seconds to a Type S 6.7?

Hahaha.

BlkCivicBoi
12-24-2003, 03:27 AM
Ha, I have nothing against domestics. I've been service manager for a while at a good sized automotive repair facility. And the good old 350s, 302s and many Buicks have been great (as long as their owners take car of them of course). It's the smaller displacement engines that PISS me off. Im sick of telling good customers that they need to rebuild their stupid windstar or taurus 3.8 liter... with not even 100,000 miles on it. Im sick of carvans throwing belts, getting seized tensioners and pulleys, blowing oil seals all over the fuqen place. Oh and Neons, i dont know where to begin. You shouldnt have to re-engineer an alternator mount on a car thats been in production for quite a few years now. And Suburbans! holy shite!!! Of course a lot of people are going to use suburbans for towing, but what GM wont tell you is that your radiator cant handle the excess thermal pressures and will blow within a year or two, and the fix for that? re-design the WHOLE front end. I could go on forever. Why am I an import fan? Mostly Honda and Toyota at that. I like forged crankshafts with perfect bearing clearance, not this cast iron crap. With blocks that can handle many times there rated horsepower. with superior cooling for high reving engines. And wonderfully balanced pistons, connecting rods and crankshafts. duel cam profiles to give me great gas mileage AND great performance (which MASS produced engine was the first to put out 100 hp per litre?). I like lighter cars that brakes quicker and have more nimble handling to avoid accidents. Sure more torque would be nice, but the good outweighs the bad.

Ya the V8's are reliable proven pushrod engines, but cmon, lets get some better technology in there that stays reliable. Lets get some dual cam profiles, some forged crankshafts, some stronger shot blocks, some multi valve heads with proper hardware that doesnt bind up, lets get some gaskets that dont leak oil every few thousand miles, lets get some better designed head flow, ignition systems that dont burn out after a bad rainstorm, some pulley bearings that doent seize up prematurely and throw belts.

Wow that's a long rant. I'm going to bed. Ive always known some domestics to not be reliable, but thats the first time Ive actually read reasons. That right there pretty much add on to the fact that I will never buy a domestic. This isnt the average "dOmeSTIcs sUcks Ass!!!11!" point of view here, its the "long term investment" point of view. I want something that will last, point blank and simple.

And I see the point of a srt-4 costing less than a STi...but throwing in "a little over a thousand" and having a srt-4 beating a STi....no.

EM1_ProJect
12-24-2003, 03:45 AM
he said gsX not gsT........i dont think a 97gsx is all wheel drive either.......not for sure....not a Mitsubitchi fan

dude....a 97 GSX...is turbo charged as well as the GS-T. and its all wheel drive. my friend used to have one before he sold it for a 03 tiburon.

http://www.autofan.com/february99/2/specs.htm
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ure?kbb.LA;357038;LA015&71111;cpe&38&7;MI;F5&
im not trying to have a dick measuring contest here....im just letting you know for the future. i know you probably know more about your civic than a mitsubishi

v-teced
12-24-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by scottyfordy
An Acura RSX Type S would so get destroyed by an SRT-4. 5.8 seconds to a Type S 6.7?

Hahaha.
yeah a turboed SRT-4 to a stock RSX Type S.......but if you noticed I said turbo the RSX, and well, I guess you didnt see that.......plus 0-60 dont mean shit in a quarter.........seeing is how you would end up in top of third goin bout 100 or so......Ive seen countless times a car get beat off the line, then pull at the end and win........havent you?

v-teced
12-24-2003, 01:51 PM
dude....a 97 GSX...is turbo charged as well as the GS-T. and its all wheel drive. my friend used to have one before he sold it for a 03 tiburon.

http://www.autofan.com/february99/2/specs.htm
http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ure?kbb.LA;357038;LA015&71111;cpe&38&7;MI;F5&
im not trying to have a dick measuring contest here....im just letting you know for the future. i know you probably know more about your civic than a mitsubishi
:haha: lol.........did not know that........hmmmm........when did they stop making awd eclipses?

spursfan
12-24-2003, 04:53 PM
is that sqeezer from saved by the bell?

$lick Rick
12-24-2003, 05:21 PM
yeah a turboed SRT-4 to a stock RSX Type S.......but if you noticed I said turbo the RSX, and well, I guess you didnt see that.......plus 0-60 dont mean shit in a quarter.........seeing is how you would end up in top of third goin bout 100 or so......Ive seen countless times a car get beat off the line, then pull at the end and win........havent you?

the rsx alone would be more than the srt4 and then to boost it would be another couple thou. and then it sure as hell wouldnt be under factory warranty or any more reliable then the srt4

sorry to say it but the srt4 is the closest thing on the market to a dsm.

caddy
12-24-2003, 05:57 PM
Or you could buy a 5th gen hatch, full coilovers and a b18c5 complete swap for around $10,000 and have a nice car with a superior suspension, that has a normally aspirated 1.8L and will run 13s

$lick Rick
12-24-2003, 06:21 PM
Or you could buy a 5th gen hatch, full coilovers and a b18c5 complete swap for around $10,000 and have a nice car with a superior suspension, that has a normally aspirated 1.8L and will run 13s

or buy a 90 camaro for a grand and build that thing and be in it under $6k and smoke your civic..... WARRANTY all under factory warranty with the srt-4. you can buy sh@t loads of upgrades for it from the factory and all of it is completely under factory warranty. and have it all bundled with your original loan and POOF... if it blows up, cracks a blocks, throws every rod, etc, etc, it's all under factory warranty. it doesnt matter if you stand out in the parking lot of the dealership and hold the gas down till the top end blows off... it's all covered :D and the turbo in it is a proven reliable mitsubishi turbo

AFP520
12-24-2003, 07:04 PM
:haha: lol.........did not know that........hmmmm........when did they stop making awd eclipses? 99 think

$lick Rick
12-24-2003, 07:18 PM
yeah 99 =[ the 3rd gen they lost the 4cyl turbo and awd. their new v6 is slower, has less hp, and gets worse gas mileage..... and looks like sh@t WTF WERE THEY THINKING???

the sales for the 3rd gen were decent but their target buyer (teens to late 20's) didnt have the money or the insurace costs to afford one. the 3rd gen is targeted at an older market with customers that can actually afford them.

sick sad mitsu =[

my friends gsx was fast but there's no way we could touch the srt4's 14.2 bone stock 1/4mile.

AFP520
12-24-2003, 07:23 PM
i want a 1st gen gs turbo or gsx.. now those i love :D

SeanMc300
12-24-2003, 08:17 PM
^^ hell no you dont want a gs turbo....if you do this youll end up with a turbo neon motor. you mean a gst??

EM1_ProJect
12-24-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by SeanMc300
^^ hell no you dont want a gs turbo....if you do this youll end up with a turbo neon motor. you mean a gst??
lol you knew what he meant :) ]

mugenekpower
12-24-2003, 09:44 PM
no way that the SRT took the WRX out its impossible. Bullshit

$lick Rick
12-24-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by mugenekpower
no way that the SRT took the WRX out its impossible. Bullshit

this guy obviously hasnt read a single post on this thread.

AFP520
12-25-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by SeanMc300

uhh no i mean a GS turbo... the 1st gen where known as 16 valve DOHC GS Turbo... i believe 95 was the year they got lazy and just said GST but in essence its the same damn FWD turbo :D

is it me or does that seem to happen alot :roll:

eggie75
12-26-2003, 09:26 PM
how do you know that the srt is reliable??? just because its covered under warranty doesn't mean shit. I used to work for a mazda dealer and you could ask anyone of the rx7 owners and they would tell you that the car is in the shop more than not... the srt has no track record... I don't understand why the comparison to a sti... that wasn't an sti. the sti would blow the shit out of an srt w/ mods, and its a fookin nice car with alot more stuff to justify the cost diff... liquid injected cooling... omg drool... and besides I know for a fact that my hatchie would leave a srt wondering wtf. not dissin the srt... nice car... but don't compare apples to oranges.

$lick Rick
12-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by eggie75
how do you know that the srt is reliable??? just because its covered under warranty doesn't mean shit. I used to work for a mazda dealer and you could ask anyone of the rx7 owners and they would tell you that the car is in the shop more than not... the srt has no track record... I don't understand why the comparison to a sti... that wasn't an sti. the sti would blow the shit out of an srt w/ mods, and its a fookin nice car with alot more stuff to justify the cost diff... liquid injected cooling... omg drool... and besides I know for a fact that my hatchie would leave a srt wondering wtf. not dissin the srt... nice car... but don't compare apples to oranges.

i'm not saying its reliable, but on the same not you cant say it's unreliable since everything in it including the motor and tranny have never been used in this car.. and even if it proves to be unreliable you still wont have to pay a red cent to have it fixed and can sell if you are unhappy with it... but that wont happen. from every person i've talked to and every review i've read, the owners LOVE their cars and wouldnt give them up for anything. and as far as comparing it to the sti.... people all over are comparing it to them... just google it and you'll see. there's nothing on the market for the money that's even close besides the sti and evo.... that's just facts. and i would love to see your hatch beat a srt4. lemme guess... you dumped thousands into an 8 year old car??? aint to smart champ. wait till you try to resale that car and cant get over $5k.
and anyone is going to be hard pressed to prove to me that an engine swapped honda is going to be more reliable than a brand new srt4.

Rick James
12-26-2003, 10:03 PM
no shit cause i think we went over that in the first page or 2
fucking n00b

$lick Rick
12-26-2003, 10:32 PM
i dont want to give anyone the wrong idea. i'm not saying this car is faster than an sti or that it's unbeatable in a race. BUT in my opinion it is the best deal and fastest car for the money and has great aftermarket upgrades availiable for it. but like i said, that's just my opinion. and the warranty = peace of mind for me

caddy
12-27-2003, 02:00 AM
lemme guess... you dumped thousands into an 8 year old car??? aint to smart champ. wait till you try to resale that car and cant get over $5k.
and anyone is going to be hard pressed to prove to me that an engine swapped honda is going to be more reliable than a brand new srt4.

I service a few of them in my shop, they're some of the most reliable fast cars ive seen. We have a crx with a b16a swapped into it that we service and it has close to 200,000 miles without any rebuild to the bottom end. The head was rebuilt recently only because the owner wanted to replace the aging valve seals. Suspension is tight, no sign of low PH on the cooling system (flushed every winter with distilled water) and runs strong. Fluids are maintained on a constant basis, and the car purrs. And 170+ hp in a car that weighs less than 2000lbs is FAST.

Evreyone has this BS notion that cars with high km are not reliable. this is total BULLSHIT. The problem lies not with the car but people not doing proper maintenance. An engine swapped honda, regardless of age is going to be more reliable than 90% of the cars out there. If the suspension is tight, and the cooling system is intact, brakes are good, theres no reason to not replace the entire drivetrain. My car has 280,000km and have never had a breakdown. As for resale value, check out the honda clubs. People are selling they're swapped hondas at a good price, and they go like krispy creme donuts

wake_rider
12-27-2003, 03:30 PM
what good is a warranty if you can't ever drive your car because it's always in the shop? Every single neon owner I know hates their car. They have all had problems with them, and the srt won't be any different. Dodge=Junk

BioHazard the Reaper
12-27-2003, 06:39 PM
haha that vid made me luagh. hahaha

eggie75
12-27-2003, 08:41 PM
i'm not saying its reliable, but on the same not you cant say it's unreliable since everything in it including the motor and tranny have never been used in this car.. and even if it proves to be unreliable you still wont have to pay a red cent to have it fixed and can sell if you are unhappy with it... but that wont happen. from every person i've talked to and every review i've read, the owners LOVE their cars and wouldnt give them up for anything. and as far as comparing it to the sti.... people all over are comparing it to them... just google it and you'll see. there's nothing on the market for the money that's even close besides the sti and evo.... that's just facts. and i would love to see your hatch beat a srt4. lemme guess... you dumped thousands into an 8 year old car??? aint to smart champ. wait till you try to resale that car and cant get over $5k.

sti / evo vs srt... not even in the same ball park. maybe a reg wrx. yeah I dumped thousands of dollars into my hatch and I will prob dump thousands more. I'm not looking for something to buy thats fast out of the box... I build my cars for me. not to resell. although I have never raced a srt, you can do the math... my motor comes w/ 210hp on a 2400lb chassis... I have not taken it to the track, but I can guarantee it runs 13's. My heavy ass prelude gets into low 14's and trust me, I know that my civy is hella faster than my prelude. also... 9 times outta 10, a naturally aspirated motor will be more reliable than a forced one. shit man... if you like the srt so much buy one and take ur ass to mopar land.

$lick Rick
12-27-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by eggie75
sti / evo vs srt... not even in the same ball park. maybe a reg wrx. yeah I dumped thousands of dollars into my hatch and I will prob dump thousands more. I'm not looking for something to buy thats fast out of the box... I build my cars for me. not to resell. although I have never raced a srt, you can do the math... my motor comes w/ 210hp on a 2400lb chassis... I have not taken it to the track, but I can guarantee it runs 13's. My heavy ass prelude gets into low 14's and trust me, I know that my civy is hella faster than my prelude. also... 9 times outta 10, a naturally aspirated motor will be more reliable than a forced one. shit man... if you like the srt so much buy one and take ur ass to mopar land.

believe me man, next time i'm in the market for a brand new car and to get $20k into debt i will.
a 14.2 bone stock 1/4 for under $20k.... hook me up!

and for the second or third time... GOOGLE IT MOTHA F@CKER!
people all over the internet are comparing srt4 with evo and sti. if you're thinking it's just me you're wrong... wont take long to see what i'm talking about.

$lick Rick
12-27-2003, 09:19 PM
posted in another thread. just for reference

"Chrysler is now in second place behind for fewest (20) problems per 100 vehicles. Toyota is in top spot with 10 problems per 100 vehicles. That puts Chrysler ahead of Honda, Nissan, GM, Ford and even its upscale Mercedes-Benz big brother. "

NorthRyder
12-27-2003, 09:21 PM
umm this is clubcivic.com key word CIVIC. we are here to talk bout the imports and specificaly CIVICs. i hate the srt4. but its fast. end of story. and by the way :guns: :no: :mod: :admin: :nono:

and then a lil :drive: :rocker:

PEACE

$lick Rick
12-27-2003, 09:24 PM
on a side note... isnt the fastest import reported right now a ford focus? something like a 7 second 1/4?

found it
"Faster All-Out Import
Matt Hartford / 01 Ford Focus / 7.64 ET @ 178.74"

AFP520
12-28-2003, 01:23 AM
a ford focus isnt an import.. its FORD.. and i resent that toyota has mistakes with their vehicles!! mine is going strong! :D

$lick Rick
12-28-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Tacoma-Srunner
a ford focus isnt an import.. its FORD.. and i resent that toyota has mistakes with their vehicles!! mine is going strong! :D

i know this but it still holds the import class record. not sure why..... pretty retarded.... but still......

eggie75
12-28-2003, 02:29 AM
whelp... with ford backing... there's no limit to what kind of perf a ford can make. same w/ mopar. the reason why those domestic manufacturers sponsor those teams is because they are chasing a honda dominated market. I'm not downing the srt4... I like all cars, beit a focus, civic, neon wutever. but a srt4 is no comparison to the sti. 300hp? awd? sorry bud... like i said no comparison. also for the srt4 to produce that much power its boost is set at 14lbs. 14 freakin pounds... reliable... hmmm. And as far as mercedes.... ever since chrysler took mb, resale values took a dip. look at ml... the first chrysler built mb. geez they fooked that one up.

$lick Rick
12-28-2003, 02:35 AM
i guess i look at the focus the way most of you look at the srt4 (not to compare the two) but they may be fast and proven but i would never own them because i find their styling horrible.

rencruzz
12-28-2003, 03:25 AM
anywayz good vid
JDM_EJ94EX thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$lick Rick
12-28-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by rencruzz
anywayz good vid
JDM_EJ94EX thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wstupid: good find :D

caddy
12-28-2003, 08:06 AM
posted in another thread. just for reference

"Chrysler is now in second place behind for fewest (20) problems per 100 vehicles. Toyota is in top spot with 10 problems per 100 vehicles. That puts Chrysler ahead of Honda, Nissan, GM, Ford and even its upscale Mercedes-Benz big brother. "

Ha, I don't know where you got that information, but i'll give you our annual CAA report that shows Chrysler on the bottom of the list for reliability and customer satisfaction. The top 4 were BMW, Mercedes, Toyota and Honda. and BMW and Mercedes were only in the top because people who own such vehicles do overkill on their maintenance. The next on the list were Nissan, Mazda, Ford then GM and Chrysler. In fact, the probably the only reason for Honda not to be number one is the fact that a lot of people have a pre-conceived notion that Hondas are so reliable, that owners do not have to do maintenance on them. So many a time we see a neglected Honda that could have lasted much longer if people did their coolant flushes, tranny flushes, oil changes at regular intervals etc,. Yet even with the abuse, they still manage to get one of the top spots...

And other than our CAA reports, heres a few links for you:

http://www.autooninfo.info/AutoonInfo/TenBestandTenWorst.htm

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/cctimes/classifieds/automotive/7317039.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

http://autos.yahoo.com/consumerreports/usedpicks.html

Happy Reading

eggie75
12-28-2003, 10:51 AM
good info :thumbs up

rencruzz
12-29-2003, 10:44 PM
Ha, I don't know where you got that information, but i'll give you our annual CAA report that shows Chrysler on the bottom of the list for reliability and customer satisfaction. The top 4 were BMW, Mercedes, Toyota and Honda.

:werd:

boricuacvc
01-24-2004, 03:52 PM
it's a fukin dodge. quick to be so cheap, but it's a fukin dodge, so how long will it last?

$lick Rick
01-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Ha, I don't know where you got that information, but i'll give you our annual CAA report that shows Chrysler on the bottom of the list for reliability and customer satisfaction. The top 4 were BMW, Mercedes, Toyota and Honda. and BMW and Mercedes were only in the top because people who own such vehicles do overkill on their maintenance. The next on the list were Nissan, Mazda, Ford then GM and Chrysler. In fact, the probably the only reason for Honda not to be number one is the fact that a lot of people have a pre-conceived notion that Hondas are so reliable, that owners do not have to do maintenance on them. So many a time we see a neglected Honda that could have lasted much longer if people did their coolant flushes, tranny flushes, oil changes at regular intervals etc,. Yet even with the abuse, they still manage to get one of the top spots...

And other than our CAA reports, heres a few links for you:

http://www.autooninfo.info/AutoonInfo/TenBestandTenWorst.htm

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/cctimes/classifieds/automotive/7317039.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

http://autos.yahoo.com/consumerreports/usedpicks.html

Happy Reading

when geo metro's were out they were rated higher than honda civic for both reliability and customer satisfaction.... you're point?

zville00SI
01-24-2004, 05:38 PM
NICE VIDEO NIKKAH

nd4sped
01-25-2004, 12:49 AM
that was kinda of a cool vid

Tiso
01-25-2004, 06:01 PM
funny vid