PDA

View Full Version : Scca: What Class?

SiRcivic27
05-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Hey SCCA peps, my cuz is going to start racing even though he doesnt have his motor swap done yet and I'm making him some magnet numbers for this weekend. Can you help me confirm his class before I cut those out?

His Ride:
1989 Honda CRX DX (yes its and automatic, not for long though... GSR and 5spd coming very soon!)
Shocks
Struts
Full Bushing Kit
Disk Brake conversion (I believe a GSR setup)
drilled and slotted rotors
high performance pads (not sure)

it might be an auto but damn its got a great suspension and holy brakes it stops on a dime!

THX

SleepingSol
05-14-2008, 12:15 PM
why dont you just go to scca's website and contact one of the leaders for your region :what:

Rand0m
05-14-2008, 01:30 PM
either that, or check the class specs for cars allowed, and see which one best describes your "cuz's" car ;)

BlackHopeDC5
05-14-2008, 02:52 PM
magnets are just to look cool :lol:.... go there first and talk to the people first. They will put him in the appropriate class when he gets there and they will have some really cool shoe polish or painters tape.

but if you must have magnets

NSTS

SiRcivic27
05-14-2008, 08:01 PM
we get alittle crazy with the painters tape... last time he came we were at the lot before the club and well we got really bored and his car was covered in painters tape before the track was set up. We even made a window net and he did a Ricky Bobby exit, its on Streetfire.

I just wanted to confirm his class so I dont waste my magents... we run in two assoc's up here. One is points based on mods and SCCA is different so to me, its more confusing. I just need to get a rule book and read it, my car was easy to place though, Boosted EM1 = straight into SM.

Haha Rand0m

Billy.
07-29-2008, 10:24 AM
sounds like STS to me

i gotta run SM in mine too... sucks because of all the STi's running on track slicks :shock: and im FWD on streets :roll: