PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Ek hello EG Build

jdmcivic33
09-14-2009, 03:32 AM
hello everone im 19 years old and im new to this fourm just wanted to show my current project im going to be working on so here it is. so i traded my 97 ek ex coupe single cam.......
http://i27.tinypic.com/2djaya0.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/2eg6u8j.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/2m516js.jpg
yea i know the interior is gay lol and heres what i got......its needs a good amount of body work but thats the only thing its got a solid motor and good suspention :D
http://i25.tinypic.com/aea652.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/28s288n.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2v3pquu.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/30idn3t.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/2lbyqdg.jpg
Remind you that this was a straight up trade no cash involved. will post updates as i go....which proably wont start for a week because i have work all this week :evil: but there deff will be progress next week sometime not sure when let me know what you guys think =)

oddeb707
09-14-2009, 03:37 AM
Needs paint.

JerseyStrong
09-14-2009, 03:49 AM
needs a lot of love.

NIKE H34D
09-14-2009, 05:03 AM
Dam... you desperately wanted a hatch didn't you? lol or just too lazy to attempt a swap..? Good luck with the project....

Kensai
09-14-2009, 05:44 AM
I like how the side molding ends with the door lol. Looks like it's a lot of work, but at least the motor is decent!

somejaykid
09-14-2009, 09:42 AM
I like how the side molding ends with the door lol. Looks like it's a lot of work, but at least the motor is decent!

:word: good luck with the project and :welcome: to the site hope you enjoy your stay here

4wd eg6
09-14-2009, 10:49 AM
nice trade! i will do the samething. trade a coupe single cam for a eg gsr that was nice, need some love but i like what u did on that trade.

JDMDRIVEREK
09-14-2009, 11:37 AM
looks deacen bruh, u definately need the body work but its what will make the project fun.
Would of looked real good if u could of kept your wheels...& it looks like that Mugen lip is not fitted proporly enless u jus stuck it in the pic. cant tell. But ALL in ALL good deal.....the motor is what counts.
especially when someone pullls up talkin B/S and u burn em.

JDMDRIVEREK
09-14-2009, 11:39 AM
lol. ddnt realize he side molding part Kensai....

BEAR_times
09-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Your ej8 was not an ek or an ek9. Check out the civic specs link to get the proper chassis codes. Nice hatch in progress, more of a threat than the coupe. I believe dark creep has a red hatch just like yours except he just got his stolen. He got it back, but now he has an engineless bay. Be careful bro.

jdmcivic33
09-14-2009, 03:30 PM
nice trade! i will do the samething. trade a coupe single cam for a eg gsr that was nice, need some love but i like what u did on that trade.

yea the kid needed a dd and didnt wanna drive something like the back and forth so he asked if i wanted to straigh up trade and i said deff it deff needs some love but its gonna look amazing when its done:D

jdmcivic33
09-14-2009, 03:33 PM
looks deacen bruh, u definately need the body work but its what will make the project fun.
Would of looked real good if u could of kept your wheels...& it looks like that Mugen lip is not fitted proporly enless u jus stuck it in the pic. cant tell. But ALL in ALL good deal.....the motor is what counts.
especially when someone pullls up talkin B/S and u burn em.

yea about the wheels i have another set of si's they just need tires really bad and yupp this is gonna be one hel of a project but i have a good base to work with. the lip is just put in there so is bumber and corners lol

jdmcivic33
09-14-2009, 03:35 PM

yea i know he tried to shave all moldings but never finish i have all new panels for the car and yea the motor only has 51,000miles soo its got alot of life to it=)

Road Pirate
09-14-2009, 03:38 PM
I woulda stayed with the coupe, much of a cleaner base but to each his own. Definitely looks like a good project!

jdmcivic33
09-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Your ej8 was not an ek or an ek9. Check out the civic specs link to get the proper chassis codes. Nice hatch in progress, more of a threat than the coupe. I believe dark creep has a red hatch just like yours except he just got his stolen. He got it back, but now he has an engineless bay. Be careful bro.

sorry last night i was really tired and made this lol and yea its got alot of potential soo im gonna make tthe best of this i dont need to worry about it being stolen lol its gonna be in garage all the time

jdmcivic33
09-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Needs paint.

yea i kno and alot of body work but when all done and said the color will ethier be and si bluish or a gunmetal gray not sure anyone have any imput much wanted ?

jdmcivic33
09-14-2009, 03:44 PM
I woulda stayed with the coupe, much of a cleaner base but to each his own. Definitely looks like a good project!

yea it was clean but it wasnt what i really wanted it had shitty suspention and overall just didnt like it

jdmcivic33
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
pm me with any ideas that you guys have on color or just random stuff as well

mymmeryloss
09-14-2009, 05:06 PM
wow..

95civbomb
09-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey! im painting my car which is a 95 hatchback si gun metal grey you copy cat! haha jk its a great color. im planning on going with a little more metal flake in it tho. make it sparkle like a gay man!

JDMDRIVEREK
09-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah i know its EJ8..But i cant change my Name so im stuck with it..
An yeah bro, its all good. all in all its A HONDA! as long as ure happy and its movin..HAVE FUN!

JDMDRIVEREK
09-14-2009, 08:50 PM
WOW. WOULD'NT say like a gay man. Just say to get the attention of barbies or something lol.

But i think u should paint it TypeR yellow or Si. Electron Blue..

Mabe even a Puke Green like the New Honda CRV'S..
Save some extra cash an toss on some CBF parts.Interior duckbill.Spoiler. Mirrors..
u already have a perfect power plant.
Mabe a Whale Penis even.! (P.JDM CBF INTAKE)

jdmcivic33
09-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey! im painting my car which is a 95 hatchback si gun metal grey you copy cat! haha jk its a great color. im planning on going with a little more metal flake in it tho. make it sparkle like a gay man!

haha my bad its a really sick color on hatchs mines a 95 to lol

jdmcivic33
09-14-2009, 10:24 PM
WOW. WOULD'NT say like a gay man. Just say to get the attention of barbies or something lol.

Save some extra cash an toss on some CBF parts.Interior duckbill.Spoiler. Mirrors..

yea type r yellow would look sick and i plan on gettin some cf stuff then paint it sooo looks all one color and whale penis ftw lol

oddeb707
09-15-2009, 12:53 AM

wtf!?

NIKE H34D
09-15-2009, 04:03 AM

:?:

wtf!?

:word: Lol I was wondering wtf he was trying to say....

jdmcivic33
09-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Any One have any good ideas on paint or wheels hit me up

JDMDRIVEREK
09-19-2009, 01:39 AM
yea lol. whale penis as in Password JDM CBF Intake Chamber....
But i think the TypeR Yellow with a deacent set of Rota's or a 5lug conversion with the TypeR wheels..

The CBF hood i had. I painted. Bcuz i live in F.L. and it would eat it up if i dont wax daily which i dont have time for...
But the hatch is bad ass.
Find a GSR interior..