PDA

View Full Version : B16A2t Turbo Build.... f@ck the budget!

Docta2002
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM
One random day [a few months ago, while I was still building my D] my friend was on craigslist and came across a B16A2 short block for $60, he got it. Then weeks later, again on craigslist, he found a '95 JDM Del Sol for.... hummm $400 LOL. And that's how it started.... with the engine than the car.

This build thread will focus more on the engine/turbo side of the project not so much on the car (body paint/work, suspension, etc). Maybe once the engine is in the car we might continue on this thread. So, money is not really an issue. Not that the owner of the project shits money but he makes enough to finish the build in a timely manner. We expect to be done, as in the car running, sometime by June. Thousands have been spent already but he's been buying random parts here and there, like parts for the interior instead of finishing the engine.

Just to have an idea of whats in it, or is gonna be in it
[ENGINE-still need to buy]
*Brian Crower Stage 2 Turbo Cams, *Precision Injectors 780cc, *Koyo Radiator, *HKS Hi Power Exhaust, *MSD 6AL, *AEM Cam Gears, *Optima Battery (but he might get the small one, non-optima), *ARP Head Studs, *ARP Flywheel Bolts, *Blackworks TB 68mm (might be bigger), *Ported and Shimmed OEM Oil Pump by KMS, *OEM Starter, *OEM Alternator, *O2 Sensor, *N1 Crank Pulley, *Hondata Intake Manifold Thermal Gasket (may be P2R), *OEM Water Pump, *NGK Spark Plug Wires and Spark Plugs, *OEM Cam Seals, *Gates Racing Radiator Hoses, *Blox TPS, *Exhaust Manifold Gasket, *P2R TB Thermal Gasket, *Mugen Reservoir Covers (gay imo), *OEM Honda Thermostat, *OEM Honda Throttle Cable

[ENGINE-already bought]
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC07706.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC07707.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC07708.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC07709.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC07705.jpg
*KMS Ultimate Valve Train Package, *KMS Stage 2 P&P, *KMS Main Block Girdle, *KMS Block Guard, *Wiseco 9.0:1 Pistons, *Eagle Rods, *Moroso Oil Pan (it holds a different amount than stock), *Moroso SS Oil Pan Bolts, *B16 Head, *ACL Race Rod&Main Bearings, *Cometic MLS Head Gasket 0.030", *ARP Main Studs, *Russell Fuel Line, *OEM ABS Pump, *OEM ABS ECU, *DC Sports Fuel Rail, *B16 Valve Cover (will get wrinkle-red PC), *OEM Honda VTEC Solenoid, *B16A2 Micropolished Crankshaft, *Vision Motorsports Fuel Filter, *Vision Motorsports Fuel Pressure Gauge, *Buddy Club Fan Switch, *OEM Honda Oil Pan Gasket, *OEM Honda Timing Belt, *OEM Honda VTEC Solenoid Gasket, *Benen Radiator Support Bracket, *OEM Honda Rear Main Oil Seal, *SS Valve Cover Bolts, *OEM Honda Valve Cover Gasket

[INTERIOR-already bought]
*S2000 AP1 Seats (will have leather re-done), *Rear Personal Trunk Cover, *Center Console, *Shifter Console, *3-Guage Pod

[DRIVETRAIN-still need to buy]
*Wilwood 11" Big Brake Front/Rear, *ACT F1 Racing Clutch, *Hasport Mounts, *Axles (still undecided on which to buy), *Hasport Shift Linkage, *Fidanza Flywheel, *SS Clutch Cable

[Drivetrain-already bought]
*GSR Transmission, *OEM Honda Shift Linkage, *L&R Axle Seals (You see, when you buy shit out of order you end up buying shit you dont need like my friend has done... 2 shift linkages... makes no sense)

[SUSPENSION-still need to buy]
*KSport Coilovers, *and all those cool-looking bars underneath the car, *LCA's

[ELECTRONICS-already bought]
*Hondata S300 w/ Boost Controller, *P28 (S300 installed by Xenocron), *Autometer Digital Oil Pressure Gauge, *Wiring Harness, *OEM Honda Fog Lights, *Benen ECU Clear Cover

[BODY-still needs to be done]
*Lexus Pearl White, *Targa Top Weatherstrips (already bought), *OEM Mud Guards, *Side Skirts, *Rear Spoiler

As for the pics.... I'm not gonna post a pic of each individual part. I'll try to take one of all the parts and I'll post that. Follow if you will, IDC.

civhatch92
01-04-2010, 02:39 PM
We Want Pics!!!!

Robin...
01-04-2010, 02:45 PM
We Want Pics!!!!

:word:

Docta2002
01-04-2010, 03:09 PM
I know I know.... threads w/o pics are boring.... I'll make this one a cool one tonight.... I got to go to work now and my boy has all pics and stats... Tonight, promise.

Tootall30
01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
for 60 bucks really? damn bro

AllStockHatch
01-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Wow. Those are some decent prices. This looks like its going to be a great build.

K-N-2-EK
01-04-2010, 09:36 PM
:nopics:

whoopnip
01-04-2010, 09:44 PM
wiseco pistons, eagle rods, acl race bearings, new ported/shimmed oil pump by KMS, new water pump, new timing belt, moroso oil pan, SS oil pan bolts, honda thermostat, b16 head brand new w/ stage 2 'whatever you call it' and ported and polished by KMS, dc fuel rail, aem fpr, wrinkle red powder-coated VC, washable fuel filter, p28 w/ hondata s300 and boost solenoid, micropolished crank

That sounds like a pretty sexy start. What turbo you/your friend thinking of going with?

somejaykid
01-04-2010, 09:52 PM
:nopics:

this

Docta2002
01-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I'll see if my friend will take a pic of all the parts... I would since the parts were all at my house but now they're at his house so I gotta wait on him.... I updated the parts list thou. That's the most up-to-date list we got.

As of today, one of the blocks is at the shop (getting cleaned, honed, decked, block guard being pressed in), the other block is at my house. Tranny is missing LSD (not mentioned in my 1st post but it will be there). Cylinder Head is still at KMS being worked on. I think on his next check he'll buy the oil pump, water pump, and timing belt. Well, at least I hope he does cause those are the parts missing to finish the long block. Shit, I have ADD and he's the one doing shit outta order, lol. Peace!

civhatch92
01-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Post some pics of the car as well!!

K-N-2-EK
01-05-2010, 03:40 PM
sorry but again WE WANT PICS!

iBeast
01-05-2010, 03:55 PM
shit thats a lot of money going into that car.. it better be nice lol

Szady
01-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I'll see if my friend will take a pic of all the parts... I would since the parts were all at my house but now they're at his house so I gotta wait on him.... I updated the parts list thou. That's the most up-to-date list we got.

As of today, one of the blocks is at the shop (getting cleaned, honed, decked, block guard being pressed in), the other block is at my house. Tranny is missing LSD (not mentioned in my 1st post but it will be there). Cylinder Head is still at KMS being worked on. I think on his next check he'll buy the oil pump, water pump, and timing belt. Well, at least I hope he does cause those are the parts missing to finish the long block. Shit, I have ADD and he's the one doing shit outta order, lol. Peace!

Block guard FTL.

Pics or this thread is all lies.

Docta2002
01-06-2010, 12:52 AM
^^ Haha!

1st- this thread is meant to be informational, not informational in the sense of me telling you whats in the car but actually a step-by-step process of building the engine then the car. It is obvious that I got some envious replies, sarcasm, and others doubting this project is even real. I'm not gonna get further into it (your bitching) other than this post so please, I ask, if you dont got something nice to say, dont say it. It's pointless!

CivHatch92; I will, just dont have any now, they're on B16A2's (that's his user here in CC) computer and the lazy f@ck hasnt emailed me them.

200EX-Si; I will man. I just dont have any now...

iBEAST; it definitely will. MONEY TALKS BULLSH$T WALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EJCivic27; man, you sooooo sound envious ;) but thanks for your interest and I know you'll stay tuned...

There are already 14 posts in this thread and all you asking the same thing.... Post #2 said. There's no need to keep repeating BS and making this thread cluttered with useless sh$t. So can you guys please refrain from posting comments like you have.... ask questions, give advice, make comments... trust me, if I had the pics I would have posted them already. Look at my build thread if you dont believe; search "D16Y8 N/A High Comp. Build" anywhere you wanna search and it should be the 1st ot pop up!

Oh, and like I said b4, I'm not gonna post worthless pics of each individual part.... some like EJCivic27 might want the pics taken on my bed "cause if not they're just stock photos from the internet"... so I'll try to post a pic or 2 or 3 of all the parts together, w/e few pics of the car he has prior to ANY work being done on the body (the shell has been at the shop 4ever, sh$t if I was the owner of the shop I'd let him keep his car there too... its gonna be a $2k+ paint job, body work, new F/R bumpers, fenders, sideskirts, spoiler, all the exterior will have work done to it and most likely it'll get painted Lexus Pearl White but that color could change), and I'll take pics of the blocks and the tranny (which we dont have any). And if you're wondering if it really is a B16A2 or if it really is GSR Tranny, well then my friend, put ur money where your mouth is cause in a few months we'll be on the street collecting YOUR hard earned money [or so I hope so, racing for free is boring]

... and of course he has a DD so no hurry on his part. MONEY TALKS......

whoopnip
01-06-2010, 06:26 PM
What turbo you/your friend thinking of going with?

I didn't see it on the list, unless I'm blind.

Docta2002
01-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I'll post others later..... hope it suffices the need for now.

K-N-2-EK
01-07-2010, 05:30 PM
nice how about a shell pic?

Aaron.
01-07-2010, 05:47 PM
we need pics!!!!!! just thought id state the obvious :D

Szady
01-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Why waste the money on block guard, when its been proven it dosent need to be used? Not envious, not trying to start a fight, just asking a simple question. If you guys wanna spend your money on nothing but car parts, all the more power to ya. I wish I could, but I have a family, so I cant. Thats all. :what:

Docta2002
01-07-2010, 11:57 PM
^^^ Not 'you guys', HE spends his money on the car, its his afterall. All I'm doing is helping on the build. As for the BG, we both feel like 'its better be safe than sorry'. It's gonna get pressed in, checked for out of round and then honed. pics of the shell will come whenever I get the email with them or his lazyass posts them.

Szady
01-08-2010, 06:31 PM
^^^ Not 'you guys', HE spends his money on the car, its his afterall. All I'm doing is helping on the build. As for the BG, we both feel like 'its better be safe than sorry'. It's gonna get pressed in, checked for out of round and then honed. pics of the shell will come whenever I get the email with them or his lazyass posts them.

Sorry. Why would HE spend the money on block guard, when its been proven it isnt needed? All it does it allow the mid part of the sleeves to bow out and not keep straight. IMO its just a waste of money, when he could be spending the money elsewhere on the build.

Again, not to start a fight or anything, but how come he dosent make a thread and post up all the pictures? Afterall, it IS his car, right? Just wonder...thats all.. :what:

Black Magic
01-08-2010, 09:38 PM
I spy lots of goodies. Will definitely keep an eye on this thread. good luck with build.

xxsenceo89x
01-09-2010, 05:49 PM
How about some turbo parts? Please dont make this thread tune out to be a 40k build that runs 12s. I will laugh at you. :D

whoopnip
01-09-2010, 11:53 PM
How about some turbo parts? Please dont make this thread tune out to be a 40k build that runs 12s. I will laugh at you. :D

Yeah, I keep asking him what turbo he/his friend are gonna run.

Kinda important...

B16A2T
01-10-2010, 04:23 PM
well im the owner and im not big into club civic, so thats my friend docta posted everything, but i will be running a 60-1 like a GT35 from garrett, probably not going ball bearing way too much money. and no the car wont cost $40 K, im estimating between paint job and everything $12 - 15K depends on a lot of factors. as for the block guard i have 2 blocks so i will be running one with a block guard and i will probably mid sleeve the other one. i will be running my car N/A during the break in period then i will drop the turbo.

the turbo that i was going to run on my Acura 3.2 CL but now will run on my del sol
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/60-1T2.jpg

this is the body stripped

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/mobile157.jpg
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/mobile153.jpg

NIKE H34D
01-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Worthless pics.............. /story

B16A2T
01-10-2010, 09:03 PM
well nike this is the progress, this is my project car i already have a DD. so hate on BROTHA my ride will rule the streets. u should get some motivation n drop that bus of yours...

Docta2002
01-13-2010, 01:03 AM
... ... anyways,

So these are the plans for this week: this thursday we both have the day off so we're gonna seek the tranny-to-block bolts. I have no idea what's the size so if anyone wants to help, I'd appreciate that... So if we find them..... Nope! We still cant build it cause this f#$%er forgot, well, has not yet paid KMS for the oil pump and that payment will only take place later this week. So yeah, slow but steady progress. But we'll definitely have the block here at my house this thursday and I'll post pics of it.

Perhaps the short block will get assmbled next week on thu or fri (21st or 22nd) once the oil pump arrives and we have a day off to assemble it.

NIKE H34D
01-13-2010, 09:43 AM
well nike this is the progress, this is my project car i already have a DD. so hate on BROTHA my ride will rule the streets. u should get some motivation n drop that bus of yours...

Yo dude, im not hatin on the project in anyway, I get the situation sounds amazing, and first mod done to my car will be a drop, BELIEVE ME, right now all money is going to maintenence.

I said worthless PICS as in the pictures suck and show nothing that anyone was hoping to see..........

Good luck with the build, whore it out with pics ;)

B16A2T
01-14-2010, 01:47 AM
ok nike i was like look at this guy. but yeah man the build is going to be sick im anxious like a mofo but its time and money.

Docta2002
01-19-2010, 12:44 AM
just waiting on the tranny-to-block bolts to mount it on the stand and start building it. He placed the order last THU so they should be arriving sometime soon. I got off thu and fri so thats plenty of time to build it...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/photo1.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/photo-3.jpg

K-N-2-EK
01-19-2010, 09:52 PM
its coming together!

whoopnip
01-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Can't wait for Thursday and Friday...

Docta2002
01-22-2010, 04:14 AM
Bolts arrived. p2w checked, ring end gaps were checked and rectified so they're ready...
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC07783.jpg

BG was 'pressed in' by a shop and they did a bad job! Also did a bad job at painting, honing, and decking.... I've said it before, I'm a true believer of the "If you want it done right, do it yourself" motto. The 'B16A2' casting part was painted w/ a black sharpie, still gotta clean around it but we might paint it once more since the shop's work was crap, dky.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC07782.jpg

ARP's in. Micropolished crank and ACL Race Main Bearings (STD size).
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC07786.jpg

So we torqued the main caps down to 80psi like it said in the 'paper'. (20-60-80 or 20-40-80, forgot) but anyways, once it was torqued to spec the crank didnt turn. Checked and double checked it and it seems that standard size bearings are too big so we dont know what to do about this. I was thinking to take the crank to a shop and have them micropolish it again or remove a very tiny amount of material so where the oil clearance would be larger than it is but not large enought where it would require oversized bearings (even thou we do have another crank, already turned, and oversized acl race bearings to match... but we rather use a non-turned crank se we gotta see)
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC07789.jpg

Oh and on top of that problem, the KMS girdle fit on top of the main caps correctly, however, the oil pick-up bolts would not align (w/o me having to bend it into place) and the ARP bolts would have not been screwed in all the way (per ARP instructions) in order to use the KMS girdle, so we opted to send it back to KMS and since they're also doing the head... just get a credit for the girdle and apply it to the remaining balance for the cylinder head p'np job.

That's all for now.

98 EK Hatch
01-22-2010, 04:32 AM
coming along, and yes your motto is a very true one.... I built two eclipse's AFTER i paid a "SHOP" to BUILD them for me, they SUCKED.... so yes its a waste of money to have a non-reputable shop build something for you, just cuz their a "SHOP" and they say they can do it....

Sorry... lol i had to vent :lol:

xxsenceo89x
01-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Not all bearing sizes are the same. I suggest you mic everything up and go from there. I dout a shop will charge you much to do this. Are you using assemble lube on the bearings?

Another thing I noticed is that you have your block gaurd at the top of the sleeves. This is the hottest point because this is where the explosion happens. I suggest you push it down an inch so you have coolant cooling the most important part of the sleeve.

Docta2002
01-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah we used assembly lube. The guy from the shop told me to use emery cloth on the areas where the bearings lay on... and on the caps too. Makes sence. Gonna try it these days and I'll let u all know.

As for the BG, per instructions, I was told it was supposed to be 2mm below deck level. The shop obviously installed it flush so we managed to put it down about 2mm. I honestly never heard of a BG that goes on the center of the cyl. walls but I get what you're saying, regardless, it's staying as-is.

Szady
02-03-2010, 08:32 PM
You guys give up or what....?

whoopnip
02-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Yeah, no posts for a while...

sohclubkid
02-03-2010, 11:51 PM
need a targa top for that Sol?

i have one in MINT shape im tryin to sell for CHEAP

Docta2002
02-04-2010, 01:49 PM
The owner doesnt know shit! I, that do, have alotta shit going on in my life right now plus our work schedules are getting in the way, however, TODAY we are both off, he's at the court taking care of stuff, then he's gonna swing thru and we're gonna build it.

We had a little issued in using the KMS girdle with B16 maind studs, so he ordered B18 main studs (which according to KMS would allow us to use the girdle on the B16A2 block. They've arrived. So he just needs to get a piston ring compressor (cause my custom made one wont work on the 81mm pistons) and a 12-point 7/16 to tighten the ARP2000 rod bolts that came with the Eagle rods. We'll get all that done today and I'll post pics later tonight.

ST8JDM
02-04-2010, 01:54 PM
VERRY NICE i want a snail

Docta2002
02-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Here's some more progress... This fool forgot to buy the little o-ring that goes on the oil pump and the oil pump seal so the oil pump has not yet been installed. He'll order all these little missing parts this coming thursday.

The rear main oil seal was installed. The B18 main studs arrived and are in and the KMS girdle worked (sorry, forgot to take a pic of it... he might have but i didnt... idk)
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/photo4.jpg

Water pipe painted copper (of course, high temp. was drying in the pic)
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/photo-4.jpg

NEXT STEPS: the ARP head studs will arrive monday, on thursday (supposedly) he'll finish paying KMS for the cylinder head. Once the longblock is closed-up, I/we'll dremel out the ugly casting marks and paint it again.... cause like I said b4 "When you want something done right, do it yourself".... the paint job from the job was a POS. The guy just painted over little gunk deposits in the corners of the block plus all the pressure washing we did also removed some paint so w/e, we'll paint it again...

Opinions WANTED: Should we paint the thermostat housing black, or cast-aluminum. The owner doesnt give a f...., but I rather paint it black... LMK

Szady
02-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Why paint the water pipe and thermo housing? Its really not going to be seen.... if at all, just paint it an aluminum color to match the block. :what:

sohclubkid
02-08-2010, 04:53 PM
need a targa top for that Sol?

i have one in MINT shape im tryin to sell for CHEAP

:what:

i say paint it aluminum...

Docta2002
02-08-2010, 08:21 PM
EJ6civic, why.... idk, it looks nice like that. I do undesrtand that it never gets seen, but the engine has been in my kitchen for over a month so at least it looks pretty right now, lol. And if it were mine I definitely would have painted it 'cast aluminum' cause that paint is about $7, that copper paint cost HIM over $20..... enough said....

SOHClubKid, I have no idea what a 'targa top' is... I'm assuming its the 'top' that somes off??? If that's what it is, he has one. I do know he bought some expensiveass seals for the roof and I highly doubt that if he were to buy another top, that it wouldnt be a carbon fiber top.... well idk, if I were to buy another roof, at least I would buy a CF one... But yeah, by all means, send me a PM with your offer and I'll pass it on. Thanks.

the color on the pic doest reflect the actual color, freakin iphones....

d4nk
02-16-2010, 11:47 PM
where did u get ur engine online?

B16A2T
02-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Nope i started from abare block n built my way. Its expensive but at the end of the day its built not bought!!!

B16A2T
03-03-2010, 08:11 PM
my friends i just finished paying for the head i will get it next week.

whoopnip
03-03-2010, 11:33 PM
my friends i just finished paying for the head i will get it next week.

Nice, let us know, and bring pics!

Race2nguyenEM1
03-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Damn, can't wait till it's finished, its gonna be hella clean lol

B16A2T
03-04-2010, 02:13 PM
i know im going crazy i have so much anxiety to finish it its insane. a lot of hard work and sweat, shit i live in my job 9-7 mon - sat. so you could imagine.

Road Pirate
03-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Motor is coming together nicely :thumbup:

B16A2T
04-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Guys Another Update To The Build, I Finally Got My Head From Kms Awesome Job $1400 But Well Worth It, Stage 3 Job And Also Ultimate Valve Train. Ill Post Some Pics Later. Also The Paint Job Has Been Fully Paid For And The Carbon Fiber Hood Also Ordered, Within The Next 2-3 Weeks The Car Will Be Done Painted. Cant Wait For That.

Docta2002
05-03-2010, 02:51 PM
^^^^ Update! KMS IS A POS!!!!!! Why? Well, this fool (my boy) paid that much money and they didnt even polish it. Straight up, for $1400, the head should have come polished AND clean cause it arrived full of metal dust.... anyways, when you want it done right, Do It Yourself! So I'm gonna take it apart (valves/springs) and polish it myself by hand. Pics will be posted in the next week or so.

We passed by the body shop and the engine bay is already painted and it looks sweet. If only B16A2T knew about his Del Sol before..... he could have requested the body shop Bondo the unused holes in the bay but oh well, it still looks badass!

s_crowley 17
05-03-2010, 03:01 PM
nice, shouldve taken some pics of the bay!

B16A2T
05-12-2010, 01:19 PM
as per the bodyshop supposively the car wil be finished getting painted by this weekend, i highly doubt it cause they have taken forever, but i will pass by the body shop today to see the progress and will keep posted

whoopnip
05-12-2010, 01:27 PM
as per the bodyshop supposively the car wil be finished getting painted by this weekend, i highly doubt it cause they have taken forever, but i will pass by the body shop today to see the progress and will keep posted

:thumbs up

Docta2002
05-14-2010, 11:28 AM
as expected the body shop hasnt done shit! I dont really care cause the engine is not ready to go in anyways.... I'd say by the end of this month it'll be at my house.

Here's the long block, not ready yet. Internals are all in with new piston rings ($100 mistake this guy did), everything just needs to be torqued down. Oil pump needs the o-ring (which we finally have). Cylinder head is on but not bolted, I took it apart yeaterday and started to polish it. By the way, KMS is a POS!!!
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08644.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08643.jpg

Valves removed to polishing
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08645.jpg

Here you can kinda see the rough inside of the intake runner
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08647.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08641.jpg

Polishing with 120 grit has begun
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08649.jpg

180 grit
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08648.jpg

A few more goodies purchased
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08652.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08653.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08654.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08655.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08656.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08657.jpg

pmac193
05-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Looks nice, good luck.

Docta2002
05-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Just some Honda goodies
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08671.jpg

and these...
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/Docta2002/DSC08673.jpg

sohclubkid
05-19-2010, 11:17 PM
you know the intake side isnt supposed to be polished right? the rough surface helps the air fuel mixture...

mymmeryloss
05-19-2010, 11:31 PM
i dont get y two people r posting on this build?

confusing the shit out of me...

whoopnip
05-20-2010, 04:10 PM
i dont get y two people r posting on this build?

confusing the shit out of me...

They're both working on it. :what:

Docta2002
05-20-2010, 09:29 PM
sohclubkid, what you said makes no sense.... most high-end cars has polished runners

mymmeryloss, he buys, I build!

whoopnip, the wiser....

sohclubkid
05-20-2010, 09:40 PM
sohclubkid, what you said makes no sense.... most high-end cars has polished runners

lol... look it up man... intake side is supposed to be rough, as well as the combustion chamber. the exhaust side can be polished tho...

Aaron.
05-20-2010, 11:07 PM
shit is lookin good mang

civhatch92
05-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Not paint pics yet?

B16A2T
05-24-2010, 01:54 PM
civichatch92 dude the people in the body shop have been taking forever they have told me for the last 4 weeks this friday supposively today they really started working on it and it should be completed this friday. since im in no rush for the body yet since im still buying ridiculous amounts of parts. but im waiting for it to be finished this week im hoping.

sohcclubkid,
go to yahoo or google images and look at port and polish and you will see the intake side polished.

sohclubkid
05-24-2010, 04:37 PM
sohcclubkid,
go to yahoo or google images and look at port and polish and you will see the intake side polished.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cylinder_head_porting
The "Porting and Polishing" myth

It is popularly held that enlarging the ports to the maximum possible size and applying a mirror finish is what porting is. However that is not so. Some ports may be enlarged to their maximum possible size (in keeping with the highest level of aerodynamic efficiency) but those engines are highly developed very high speed units where the actual size of the ports has become a restriction. Larger ports flow more fuel/air at higher RPM's but sacrifice torque at lower RPM's due to lower fuel/air velocity. A mirror finish of the port does not provide the increase that intuition would suggest. In fact, within intake systems, the surface is usually deliberately textured to a degree of uniform roughness to encourage fuel deposited on the port walls to evaporate quickly. A rough surface on selected areas of the port may also alter flow by energizing the boundary layer, which can alter the flow path noticeably, possibly increasing flow. This is similar to what the dimples on a golf ball do. Flow bench testing shows that the difference between a mirror finished intake port and a rough textured port is typically less than 1%. The difference between a smooth to the touch port and an optically mirrored surface is not measurable by ordinary means. Exhaust ports may be smooth finished because of the dry gas flow and in the interest of minimizing exhaust by-product build-up. A 300 - 400 Grit finish followed by a light buff is generally accepted to be representative of a near optimal finish for exhaust gas ports.
The reason that polished ports are not advantageous from a flow standpoint is that at the interface between the metal wall and the air, the air speed is ZERO (see boundary layer and laminar flow). This is due to the wetting action of the air and indeed all fluids. The first layer of molecules adheres to the wall and does not move significantly. The rest of the flow field must shear past which develops a velocity profile (or gradient) across the duct. In order for surface roughness to impact flow appreciably, the high spots must be high enough to protrude into the faster moving air toward the center. Only a very rough surface does this.

sohclubkid
05-24-2010, 04:44 PM
http://www.theoldone.com/articles/b16a_head/

http://www.theoldone.com/articles/b16a_head/index2.html

these guys are some of the best engine builders out there... the second link has the intake side and the bowl (they are left rough) but i recommend you read up about how its done correctly.

B16A2T
05-25-2010, 10:47 PM
thanks and a mirror finish might not be a super difference it says only 1 % difference, it all started when my friend docta2002 got it in his head of polishing it due to kms doing a shitty job on the polishing.

sohclubkid
05-26-2010, 05:32 PM
thanks and a mirror finish might not be a super difference it says only 1 % difference, it all started when my friend docta2002 got it in his head of polishing it due to kms doing a shitty job on the polishing.

its cool, just figured i would give you some info/ advice.

B16A2T
06-04-2010, 11:23 PM
HERE ARE SOME PICS OF THE BODY SHOP FINALLY STARTING TO WORK ON THE CAR HOPING TO FINALLY HAVE MY CAR PAINTED BY NEXT WEEK FRIDAY.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body6.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body5.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body4.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body3.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body2.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body1.jpg

B16A2T
06-04-2010, 11:38 PM
AND SOME MORE GOODIES, I AM WAITING FOR MY EDELBROCK VICTOR X MANIFOLD AND ALSO MY AEM FUEL RAIL AND AEM CAM GEARS SHOULD RECEIVE NEXT WEEK.

72MM BLOX TB, THERMAL GASKET, BLOX VACUUM MANIFOLD, PRECISION 1000CC INJECTORS
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/DSC08789.jpg

BRIAN CROWER STAGE 2 TURBO CAMS AND BLOX MAGNETIC OIL N TRANNY BOLTS
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/DSC08791.jpg

MSD WIRES
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/DSC08788.jpg

B16A2T
06-04-2010, 11:41 PM
MY VIS CF HOOD THIS CARBON FIBER QUALITY IS AMAZING BEST HOOD I HAVE SEEN SO FAR
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/CFHOOD.jpg

B16A2T
06-09-2010, 10:30 PM
some new pics of the car before it gets painted tomorrow finally
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body10.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body9.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body8.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body7.jpg

civhatch92
06-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Can't wait to see the fresh paint!

B16A2T
06-09-2010, 10:42 PM
they already painted the door jams, the owner of the body shop is like dude get the fuck out of here your here everyday just waiting for hours to see if it gets finished. !!!!

Black Magic
06-09-2010, 11:12 PM
jeezus that throttle body looks huge. can't wait to see more updates.

Docta2002
06-10-2010, 02:35 PM
like a white Tic-Tac

Robin...
06-10-2010, 03:10 PM
:popcorn:...

B16A2T
06-10-2010, 10:54 PM
well my friends i couldnt take pics today because when i got to the body shop they were spraying the clear and if a mosquito gets on that shit it fucks it up plus they havent finished painting the bumper n front lip tomorrow i will reveal the fresh paint but i took a sneak peek and that shit looks sick!!!

B16A2T
06-11-2010, 11:41 PM
finally the car well at least the outer shell is painted and it looks bad ass the pics dont do justice, it is the white pearl from the lexus but not the one with the blue pearl just all white. a couple of little things that need to be fixed, under the trunk still needs to be painted and they didnt get around to painting the front bumper and front lip. one of the freaking hood hinges were bent so i had to order from honda and should be getting here next week. waiting on them to finally install the hood and lights. as you can tell the antenna has been deleted since i will be using an xm radio and also the honda emblem holes have been erased. so it will be an unknown monster well at least for the ones who dont know what car it is.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body13.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body12.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/body11.jpg

B16A2T
06-14-2010, 12:29 AM
i just ordered my set of 16" rota torque flat black!!!!!

SOHC_Civic_2000
06-16-2010, 07:53 PM
I Want More!!

civhatch92
06-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Nice paint, I like the color you went with... good luck keeping it clean though hah!

B16A2T
06-23-2010, 12:03 AM
new pics the rota rims are in!!!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/rota.jpg

the full body pic had some issues with the lip not fitting right and still waiting for the hood hinges. so that i can mount the carbon fiber hood
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/download.jpg

sohclubkid
06-23-2010, 10:03 PM
looks good man! what suspention are you going to run?

B16A2T
06-24-2010, 01:46 PM
I dont know yet im between a whole bunch of companies hks tein ksport or b&g there r so many options but i want a full coilover set up for sure.

B16A2T
06-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Im probably going to go with teins i have them on in my acura cl n they ride great!! None of that bouncy shit!!

B16A2T
06-27-2010, 04:22 PM
new goodie received edelbrock victor x manifold
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/DSC09009.jpg

Black Magic
06-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Everything seems to be coming along nicely

Jamal Bp
06-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Seems like a neat project (Y)

B16A2T
07-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Some more goodies just came in

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/54b0ba8c.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/33120f78.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/d8943072.jpg

sohclubkid
07-21-2010, 08:12 PM
act flywheel and clutch combo... good stuff! im rocking their clutch and flywheel on my car, and love it!

Robin...
07-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Its getting there...:thumbs up Why did you waint the brake lines white???...

B16A2T
07-22-2010, 10:14 PM
I didnt but they sprayed everything! So i went with the flow once im ready to drop the engine in ill spray them
Again in silver

B16A2T
07-24-2010, 12:14 PM
More goodies

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/rogrod16/8d270c83.jpg

civhatch92
07-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Really waiting to see some more exciting updates no this build!

B16A2T
10-29-2010, 03:22 PM
some more exciting updates, finally got my wilwood 12' brake kit for the front and waiting for the rear to arrive any moment, i have got 600hp axles from gator racing axles, performance hubs with extended arp studs, i got my powdercoated valve coated, also the intermediate half shaft new, and the fan.. and next week friday i will be ordering my fuel press regulator with stainless lines, the headers, brake master cylinder, intake, wiring harness and exhaust, hopefully i will have enough so that i can buy my quaife lsd. hopefully by december the car will be ready to turn on. here are some pics

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/042cfd9b.jpg

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/49063341.jpg

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/a3649985.jpg

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/0cc8d22b.jpg

purpej1
10-29-2010, 03:55 PM
damn i cant wait to see this finished.and you must be rich.

Black Magic
10-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Nice, I have the same Wilwood kit.

EdwinBlack
10-30-2010, 03:33 AM
There goes your money! :P Great built man :thumbs up

B16A2T
11-02-2010, 12:48 AM
no not rich just working 8-7 everyday and 6 days a week and well i get paid good hourly. and i have no kids... n i HAVE BEEN BUILDING THIS CAR FOR ALMOST A YEAR !!!!! im going crazy!!!! ive been broke for months!!!!

Docta2002
11-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Broke for months cause ura pothead

charlie brown
11-02-2010, 06:37 AM
:rolf: ^

sohclubkid
11-02-2010, 07:22 AM
still waiting to see some coilovers LOL

B16A2T
11-02-2010, 08:53 PM
well no coilovers yet but here are race hubs that i just received today with arp extended studs and fuck you doc cause u smoked the other 50 % http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/456362d6.jpg

Signature Sound
11-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Very nice man, I have the same clutch set up as you. Its a little harsh and can be chattery if you try to take off slow. But damn its awsome when lunching! Let me know if you need a custom radiator expansion tank. It would be pretty kick ass to customize something for you. It sucks putting all that stuff together and then all you can focus on is the shitty plastic POS stock tank.

B16A2T
11-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Sig sound how much for the tank

B16A2T
11-10-2010, 07:41 PM
so i have decided to sleeve the block next week when i get paid i will be sending my block to dan benson in idaho to have my block sleeves and it will be able to handle 1000hp!!! i will post pics when i get it now i just have to figure out how to ship it lol

sohclubkid
11-11-2010, 05:10 PM
lol, why sleeve it? with a good tune, you could have made plenty of power.

Docta2002
11-11-2010, 06:33 PM
He shits loads'a money and farts $ingle$

sohclubkid
11-11-2010, 06:56 PM
He shits loads'a money and farts $ingle$

so? "it can hold 1000HP"
but you will never street drive with much over 400hp... and just because its sleeved dont mean it cant or wont blow up...
not trying to offend, just expressing my thoughts.

Docta2002
11-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Hes not pushing for 1000 hp, maybe 500 tops at the track, 300-400 dd (even thou he won't be driving it much), the s300 will take care of tunning.... But I gotta admit, the piece of mind is priceless

B16A2T
11-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Sohc in the street more than 400 is unmanageable but on the highway its 500+ n all bets are off im not sparing a penny . Im going for the best n safest so nothing blows up. Benson sleeves r guaranteed to handle 1000hp so i prefer to b safe .

B16A2T
11-25-2010, 03:18 PM
exciting updates tomorrow i get my quaife lsd and i will send it off to be installed in the tranny but i also get my rear wilwood 12' kit and i get black rotors and red calipers when i ordered silver rotors and black calipers so i will send them off to be exchanged so i decided to do exchange the front calipers for red and the rear rotors for silver. i will post pics of the diff when i get it tomorrow
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/a3d58f44.jpg

CBURKE
12-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Nice shit!

B16A2T
12-11-2010, 12:12 PM
New addition to the build greddy ti-c 70mm
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/a626e93d.jpg

Quaife LSD
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/bf735e4a.jpg
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/3a568348.jpg

Sending the block off to get Benson 1000hp sleeves
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/3c1ee7a5.jpg

mymmeryloss
12-13-2010, 12:19 PM
dang b

got traction
12-18-2010, 05:18 PM
golden eagle sleeves > benson sleeves

B16A2T
12-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Negative ive heard a lot of bad things about eagle n darton that they move n benson doesnt let a rookie touch his sleeve work he only has been doing it himself for years n he was the one who invented honda sleeving my friend has been running benson for years boosting 20+ lbs n no failure

got traction
12-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Negative ive heard a lot of bad things about eagle n darton that they move n benson doesnt let a rookie touch his sleeve work he only has been doing it himself for years n he was the one who invented honda sleeving my friend has been running benson for years boosting 20+ lbs n no failure

interesting...we run GE sleeves in all our racecars. Never had an issue.

B16A2T
12-24-2010, 10:31 AM
In reality they r both good ive heard a lot of positives for both so i should b fine plus im getting the block today so too late but thanks for the advice

B16A2T
12-25-2010, 06:59 PM
This is the finished masterpiece
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/f7e74fbc.jpg
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/e5a4d107.jpg
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/fca96ec0.jpg
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/da1886c2.jpg

N the before
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/67b8853b.jpg
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/07ef8a40.jpg

B16A2T
12-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Well the car will b in the shop in about a month getting the roll cage put in.. Next on the shopping list eagle 1500 hp crank , full blown dual walbro setup , phantom grip b series tranny cradle , tein coilovers, and autometer digi oil gauge

B16A2T
01-19-2011, 09:16 AM
some new updates at the 31st of this month the car will b at the shop getting the roll cage put in, and starting to get built.

EAGLE 4340 1500HP CRANK
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/2.jpg
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/5.jpg

AEROMOTIVE A1000 -10 FEED -6 RETURN
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/3.jpg

AUTOMETER DIGI OIL PRESS GAUGE
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/4.jpg

2ND WALBRO 255LPH
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/1.jpg

B16A2T
01-19-2011, 09:19 AM
Still have a lot of parts to go but the coilovers are on the way already, i will post pics when more work gets done.

donovan772
01-19-2011, 01:04 PM
THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!! What is your HP goal?

B16A2T
01-19-2011, 01:43 PM
it can hold up to 1000 but im fine with 600 to the wheels. otherwise its not streetable.

Hendo
01-19-2011, 03:13 PM
it can hold up to 1000 but im fine with 600 to the wheels. otherwise its not streetable.

Looks like you've got the parts to get there. With that high a hp goal, I'd have sleeved it too. Any idea what your running total has come to at this point? XD

sohclubkid
01-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Still have a lot of parts to go but the coilovers are on the way already, i will post pics when more work gets done.

finally! :roll:
lol just playin bro.... looking good!

Looks like you've got the parts to get there. With that high a hp goal, I'd have sleeved it too. Any idea what your running total has come to at this point? XD

read a bit further back... its benson sleeved

B16A2T
01-26-2011, 08:33 AM
some more goodies

TEIN SUPER STREET DAMPER WITH PILLOWBALL MOUNT.
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/photo1.jpg
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/B16A2T/photo2.jpg

TigBitties
01-26-2011, 09:38 AM
I wish i was you

got traction
01-26-2011, 12:12 PM
looks good :thumbup:

Hendo
01-26-2011, 12:24 PM
That's lots o expensive-ness, right there. :)

B16A2T
01-26-2011, 01:06 PM
thanks guys it has taken forever to build my car more than a year and a half. a lot of overtime and weekends at the crib.

zboyracer
01-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Wow. Subscribed. Can't wait to see it all come together.

Black Magic
01-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Got the same coilovers. You'll like em!