PDA

View Full Version : Young_'s 1993 Del Sol S

young_
02-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Picked up my first manual transmission car today. A 1993 Honda civic del sol.
:D

It's a blast to drive and it's really fun with the top off. All electronic + mechanical components work as they should and it handles well. I'm not complaining. Picked it up for 2700 after selling my integra for 2800. Only downside is it really needs a tune-up. (Mismatched plug wires and plugs :what:)

This car has the original window sticker!! along with the original owners manual, and floor mats. Has been in the guy's family since 1993 bought for 15 grand off the lot. It needs paint and a small amount of de-ricing but it's a diamond in the rough regardless.

I'll have more pics in the morning more than likely.

Bone stock minus a cat-back exhaust.

I drove 2 and a half hours to get this car, and then drove it with very little experience driving a 5-speed another 2 and a half hours back. lol talk about nerve racking.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04051.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04031.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04041.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04061.jpg

Dude I bought it from was obsessed with blue, and received the car from his dad. Glad I saved it when I did. He painted the wiper blades (even the rubber part) blue, as well as the fuel cap and the lid for the wiper fluid reservoir. WHICH IS ALREADY BLUE >.<

Anyways, let me know what you think!

young_
02-15-2012, 11:24 PM
It needs a good detailing. As much as it's cool to have the original floor mats, they're showing their age so I'm just gonna have to put them up for now and get some new ones.

Osiris19
02-15-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm not really a fan of del sols, but if you're keeping this, drop it ASAP.

young_
02-15-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm not really a fan of del sols, but if you're keeping this, drop it ASAP.

Oh really?

Ohio has front plates? Looks pretty clean. Always wanted a Sol.

That can be found.. here : http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showpost.php?p=3110141&postcount=134

Stalker skills ftw :D

Road Pirate
02-15-2012, 11:57 PM
Nice! I love Del Sol's, can't wait to see what you have in store for this thing.

young_
02-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Nice! I love Del Sol's, can't wait to see what you have in store for this thing.

:thumbs up

It's gonna be a good journey.
I really just want to leave the motor alone and mess with the suspension and save for a b16.

But you know, we all have dreams. lol

Road Pirate
02-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Well it definitely is a great base to start out with. What suspension are you thinking about going with?

young_
02-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Well it definitely is a great base to start out with. What suspension are you thinking about going with?

Honestly?

I have no idea. lol I've never messed with suspension really? All I know to start with are LCA's, Rear subframe brace, H brace, Front upper and lower tie bars etc.

Jose1027
02-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Looks good man,wen i bought my civic my dad drove it home lol i cant imagine how nervous you were driving back man lol

young_
02-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Looks good man,wen i bought my civic my dad drove it home lol i cant imagine how nervous you were driving back man lol

Lol you have no idea man, it was intense. A good bit of it was freeway so that wasn't so bad, but my gps took me off the freeway 20 miles away from home. So I drove 20 miles in stop and go traffic/ red lights, etc. But it was a good feeling when I got it home. Relieved that I made it home and I really got a lot of practice lol

pmac193
02-16-2012, 12:19 AM
Looks nice! Have fun with it. My del Sol was the first manual car I bought too.

LCA's, Rear subframe brace, H brace, Front upper and lower tie bars etc.

You don't need all that stuff. I bought Tein S Tech springs and Koni SRT (orange) shocks for $400. It won't be slammed, but I could care less about being super low. You really would only need lcas if your bolts are seized into the bushing. Even then you could just replace the bushings with some Hardrace or Energy Suspension ones.

Turbo_Freak
02-16-2012, 12:20 AM
:thumbup: I always wanted one as well. But can never find a decent looking one.

young_
02-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Looks nice! Have fun with it. My del Sol was the first manual car I bought too.

You don't need all that stuff. I bought Tein S Tech springs and Koni SRT (orange) shocks for $400. It won't be slammed, but I could care less about being super low. You really would only need lcas if your bolts are seized into the bushing. Even then you could just replace the bushings with some Hardrace or Energy Suspension ones.

How long did it take you to master daily driving with it?

and yeah I still have a lot to learn about suspension. Appreciate the input though man

:thumbup: I always wanted one as well. But can never find a decent looking one.

Yeah, I had to do a little bit of looking and a nice bit of travel for this one. All it really needs is a paint job. lol

cgpEJ6
02-16-2012, 12:27 AM
It looks good, but it would look better without garbage piled on it ;)

Osiris19
02-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Oh really?

That can be found.. here : http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showpost.php?p=3110141&postcount=134

Stalker skills ftw :D

I honestly think it looks awkward in your pictures high up and on small ass steelies. It looks clean though.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

young_
02-16-2012, 12:30 AM
I honestly think it looks awkward in your pictures high up and on small ass steelies. It looks clean though.

I'm just talking about you liking sols in general lol

and yeah I do need to do something about the 4x4 tires. lol
I'm alright with the ride height. I think so low pro's and maybe some 15" wheels will set it off nice.

Osiris19
02-16-2012, 12:33 AM
Idk, I never accustomed to them. To me they only look really good when they're done up right. Drop it, throw a lip on, get some gsr blades or some other nice rims, clean paint and it should set off nicely

speedygonzales
02-16-2012, 12:56 AM
drop it like its hot and put some either white or polished rims on it and you'll be golden =)

anfrey
02-16-2012, 02:33 AM
looks good. i definitely love 3rd gen CRXs (yes, it's a crx. don't let anyone tell you otherwise). everyone is within arms reach and so well positioned... and you can still get road head in them while driving. such an awesome car. the only part that sucks are the blind spots. i suggest getting a wide concave rearview mirror to help with that. so how about a pic with the top off? don't you just love that handy trunk storage for it?

AllStockHatch
02-16-2012, 03:26 AM
I bought a 95 del for my winter beater. Great little rides they are! 5 panel wink mirror and you have absolutely no blind spots. Thats the route I went. Just did the aux light mod this past weekend. Enjoy your new civic crx del sol!

rayaccord101
02-16-2012, 04:23 AM
anfrey about that arent crx's and del sol's all just civics?

anfrey
02-16-2012, 05:01 AM
anfrey about that arent crx's and del sol's all just civics?
yes they are :) civic renaissance experimental (or type-X or model-X, in various iterations of its design)

TheHatchGuy
02-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Good pick up, looks promising. I think you should swap the front for an eg front, IMO that looks so right on a del sol

No fat chicks, car will scrape.

young_
02-16-2012, 10:22 AM
looks good. i definitely love 3rd gen CRXs (yes, it's a crx. don't let anyone tell you otherwise). everyone is within arms reach and so well positioned... and you can still get road head in them while driving. such an awesome car. the only part that sucks are the blind spots. i suggest getting a wide concave rearview mirror to help with that. so how about a pic with the top off? don't you just love that handy trunk storage for it?
Yeah I noticed the blind spots on the drive home. Considering a 5-panel wink mirror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anfrey
02-16-2012, 10:27 AM
winks are a good investment, just make sure you visualize where it will be hanging. i'm not sure if the cabin in the crx^3 will allow for enough distance between you and the mirrors to make it as useful as it should be.

Mr.Baker
02-16-2012, 10:32 AM
looks good. i definitely love 3rd gen CRXs (yes, it's a crx. don't let anyone tell you otherwise).

That, it will NEVER be....:lol:
Honda couldn't even decide what to call it, nor what it was, so they just named it all three..the CivicDel SolCR-X.

anfrey
02-16-2012, 10:48 AM
there's only one country that calls them del sol... where i grew up (and in the rest of the world), they're crx

ps: you forgot to include ballade in your hybrid name ;)

Mr.Baker
02-16-2012, 10:52 AM
where i grew up (and in the rest of the world), they're crx

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/28/129169385995088776.jpg

young_
02-16-2012, 12:53 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/28/129169385995088776.jpg

xD

I was confused as to where to put this build thread. PM'd a mod about it and we decided this would be the most understandable place for it.

Because I was thinking about 5th gen civic (because it's a CIVIC del sol) but I figured I'd save the trouble and put it in other. lol

UPDATE!
-Getting better with the clutch. Been practicing hill starts.
-Put in the new plugs and plug wires. Gonna get a new valve cover gasket (needs tube seals) next paycheck, along with a dizzy cap and rotor button.

Been price checking the hell out of little shit. Shift knobs, shift boots, pedal sets. (sorry it's my first five speed, never been able to do these things =P)

Thinking about carbon fiber sparco pedals. Not just pedal covers.

JustJustin
02-16-2012, 01:01 PM
So much better than the auto integra! I love it!

young_
02-16-2012, 01:06 PM
So much better than the auto integra! I love it!

I definitely feel the same way lol

But I'll enjoy it more when a stick shift becomes second nature to me.

EatSleepJDM
02-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Great Pickupp! Drop Some Enkei 92s On It;) Del Sols FTW!

young_
02-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Great Pickupp! Drop Some Enkei 92s On It;) Del Sols FTW!

If I remember correctly you had the 4 door GSR right? How you likin it?

EatSleepJDM
02-16-2012, 01:55 PM
If I remember correctly you had the 4 door GSR right? How you likin it?

Got in a MAJOR CAR ACCIDENT on Jan 25.. Only had it for a week and a 18 Wheeler decides to take a red light in a crossing intersection... dragging me 800 ft.. I am alive... but my gsr was completely totaled :(.. so now I am waiting to see what car I am getting next. Maybe a s2k? :o

Osiris19
02-16-2012, 02:05 PM
I liked the integra better. If the teg was five speed it'd be even better.

emerican
02-16-2012, 02:05 PM
^ damn sorry to hear that man.
Obvouskly your alive, but how where you after the accident health wise?
s2k ftw

young_
02-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Got in a MAJOR CAR ACCIDENT on Jan 25.. Only had it for a week and a 18 Wheeler decides to take a red light in a crossing intersection... dragging me 800 ft.. I am alive... but my gsr was completely totaled :(.. so now I am waiting to see what car I am getting next. Maybe a s2k? :o

Damn!
That sucks to hear :/
But the good thing is you're alright!

Maybe you could get a del sol :thumbs up

Lol nah but really an s2k would be bad ass.

EatSleepJDM
02-16-2012, 02:13 PM
^ damn sorry to hear that man.
Obvouskly your alive, but how where you after the accident health wise?
s2k ftw

Yeah lucky to be alive bro. The front glass shattered in my face in the impact but got minor cuts that have all healed and nerves on my spinal cord had moved a bit, so I am getting therapy for that, other than that somehow I came out in one piece. Suing the stupid company. Yeahhh I been wanting a s2k for a while so I am probably going with that.

I want : http://hellaflush.com/society/the-redevil/

Whats next on your mod list??

wazup_74
02-16-2012, 03:10 PM
The car looks nice. maybe ill update my del sol thread too. i love seeing the inspiration around here. I'm actually gonna start putting some more time into my sol since its been neglected for so long.

CJ89
02-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Damn that's vary clean (other than the blue lol) interior is nice and looks like the body is in great shape also! Seems like a great vase to build off of. Needs rims asap tho lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

young_
02-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Whats next on your mod list??
Ahh, I really don't want to do much to the motor, since I plan on swapping. But it really all depends on my next paycheck. Definitely looking into a wink mirror. Probably might throw an intake on there just cause it's something cheap and easy.

The car looks nice. maybe ill update my del sol thread too. i love seeing the inspiration around here. I'm actually gonna start putting some more time into my sol since its been neglected for so long.
Do it :D

Damn that's vary clean (other than the blue lol) interior is nice and looks like the body is in great shape also! Seems like a great vase to build off of. Needs rims asap tho lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yeah I replaced the wiper blades this morning lol
and yeah definitely looking into some wheels. Creepin on craigslist as we speak.

Osiris19
02-16-2012, 05:38 PM
I need a five speed. This auto transmission blows.

young_
02-17-2012, 04:12 AM
I need a five speed. This auto transmission blows.

That's how I got when I fully decided to go stick. Now that I have it it's definitely fun but I do sometimes miss auto. I think I'll enjoy it more when I'm all the way used to it.

Anyways... Cool update today, went through the glovebox and found the original, from 1993, roof protector tabs in the original packaging. Paper and all. As well as the original warranty information booklet, the original service manual/owners manual, the original window sticker, and all the service records. I love this shit lol

Pics tomorrow!

anfrey
02-17-2012, 06:49 AM
it's always good to find the original documentation for the car, as well as service records :) and believe me, you won't be missing auto for very much longer. once driving a manual becomes a part of your driving, you'll be wondering how you even coped with an automatic in the first place.

young_
02-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Didn't get too much done today because I woke up bleeding from my ear. :/ BAD ASS ear infection. Had to get a shot of Rocephin in my ass. It was the worst shot in my life. Literally felt like I got shot in the ass. Still hurts. But my sweet fiance' helped me clean the car up so it wasn't all so bad.

Anyways...

Falling in love with the 5-speed :thumbs up

Gave her a good wash today. Can't wait to tackle the bay. So much potential :D

so without further ado..

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04441.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04461.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04471.jpg
cleaned the interior up a bit.
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04501.jpg

....and this one's for you anfrey :D
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04521.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04541.jpg

No more blue wiper blades lol.
Likin where it's goin and she's a BLAST to drive. Top off ftw. Where's Raabe at though? Figured he would have chimed in by now :(

Can't wait to get some wheels. The shift knob is made for a larger shaft and it sucks. So it's gonna go. I'm not big on the shift boot either, so.. probably ordering the stock knob and boot from majestic :D yay for OEM parts.

All these original parts make me understand the OEM craze.

Also, the air filter's shot so ordering a short ram intake for the hell of it next week.

anfrey
02-17-2012, 10:31 PM
thanks for the shot with the top off :) absolutely love it! can i make another request?? one for the top storage system in the trunk. i really miss seeing that :)

young_
02-17-2012, 10:33 PM
thanks for the shot with the top off :) absolutely love it! can i make another request?? one for the top storage system in the trunk. i really miss seeing that :)

you got it man :D But it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow :/ so I don't know when I'll get a chance to. but I won't forget :P

anfrey
02-17-2012, 10:39 PM
no rush :) i just really love these cars and haven't been in one since a decade ago. one of my closest friends had one, but it got totaled...

not sure if you knew of this cool oem accessory known as the transtop. not available in the USDM, unfortunately, and super expensive in japan. possibly one of the coolest gadgets available for your car.

Q7yuX3x7rEQ 79RNZqCcIoE

young_
02-17-2012, 11:06 PM
lol, it's cool but I wouldn't ever go through the work of installing one

anfrey
02-17-2012, 11:12 PM
it cuts your trunk space down to a third of what it was lol

young_
02-17-2012, 11:13 PM
it cuts your trunk space down to a third of what it was lol

:O
yeah that would make this car beyond impractical lol
I need every bit of the trunk space I have lol

emerican
02-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Why your just gonna throw a sub back there lol.

young_
02-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Why your just gonna throw a sub back there lol.

Exactly what I need the space for :D
Considering a shallow mount 10.

emerican
02-17-2012, 11:28 PM
If your just going for one of the slimmer made 10's a regualr box for one of them will fit there and id just bolt the amp to either the box or what you would call the wall or whatever the metal in between cab and trunk you know what i mean.

anfrey
02-17-2012, 11:28 PM
i'd go for two 8s instead.

young_
02-17-2012, 11:37 PM
If your just going for one of the slimmer made 10's a regualr box for one of them will fit there and id just bolt the amp to either the box or what you would call the wall or whatever the metal in between cab and trunk you know what i mean.
It's professionally wired for a system, and to be mounted on that back wall lol

i'd go for two 8s instead.
I'm not too familiar with 8's the only ones I've heard were bazooka tubes and I wasn't too big on em.

anfrey
02-17-2012, 11:52 PM
well, my buddy built his box inside the cabin itself, behind the seats, and molded it to fit. the speakers point forwards towards the back part of the seats. i'll try to find some photos.

young_
02-17-2012, 11:56 PM
well, my buddy built his box inside the cabin itself, behind the seats, and molded it to fit. the speakers point forwards towards the back part of the seats. i'll try to find some photos.

photo's would be great :thumbs up

anfrey
02-18-2012, 01:34 AM
photo's would be great :thumbs up
i'm trying to find them... he passed away five years ago so it's getting hard to find the photos

emerican
02-18-2012, 11:31 AM
if you do find em im intrested in seeing that setup.

mymmeryloss
02-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Sounds like good plans!

young_
02-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Sounds like good plans!

Appreciate it man :thumbs up

With all the original parts and the condition of the vehicle I just want to do things right this time around.

On another note, where the hell is Raabe? He usually chimes in on all threads by now lol

anfrey
02-18-2012, 06:56 PM
well, i can't find the photos, but it looked very similar to these:

http://i.imgur.com/CKYfC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gtsYy.jpg

young_
02-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Hell yeah. I really like the back storage though lol

And here's one for you :P

anfrey
02-18-2012, 07:31 PM
woot love it!

well dude, it comes down to trunk storage or in-cabin storage. you'll end up losing one of them pretty much

R3dline
02-18-2012, 07:37 PM
iv got to where i cant even look at a delsol, mine harmed me for life, that car was the biggest pile of shit iv ever owned

young_
02-18-2012, 07:41 PM
iv got to where i cant even look at a delsol, mine harmed me for life, that car was the biggest pile of shit iv ever owned

Lol I think it's funny how bad that scarred you.

But hey man, to each his own. All cars are different.

young_
02-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Took the seats out, gonna do some deep cleaning. Steam cleaning the seats and gonna see if I can do something with the floor mats. Contemplating steam cleaning the carpet in the car. Lol

Let me know if the pics don't work. Uploading from my phone with the tapatalk app.

anfrey
02-19-2012, 04:40 PM
damn that was dirty down there. steaming or shampooing the carpet will help a lot. i'm thinking about doing this with the wife's mr2 while she's at a bridal show with her bridesmaids... since she decided to take my car.

young_
02-19-2012, 06:59 PM
damn that was dirty down there. steaming or shampooing the carpet will help a lot. i'm thinking about doing this with the wife's mr2 while she's at a bridal show with her bridesmaids... since she decided to take my car.

Yeah, I just steamed cleaned the carpet and seats in my car and they turned out great :D

In this picture the one in the back was done but not dry yet, and the one on the right hadn't been touched.
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_0950.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04751.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04771.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04791.jpg
I hate this shift knob by the way. Can't wait until pay day, ordering the stock knob and boot from Majestic.
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04821.jpg

And here's all the original stuff that came with the car, minus the window sticker.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04831.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04841.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04851.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_04861.jpg

All in great condition. The roof protector tabs are MINT. Still in original packaging.

anfrey
02-19-2012, 07:34 PM
you're really lucky you can get your girl to help you with the car. i pretty much have to maintain both cars myself lol

young_
02-19-2012, 07:54 PM
you're really lucky you can get your girl to help you with the car. i pretty much have to maintain both cars myself lol

Well here she is cleaning the windows :D

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_0966.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_0965.jpg

Here are the seats installed back in the car. Everything is so cleannn :D

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_0957.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_0956.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_0953.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_0959.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_0958.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_0960.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_0961.jpg

The fourth pic of the seats installed is my favorite. The one where you can see the blue caliber in the background.

anfrey
02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
awesome bro... and yeah, get rid of that shift knob asap.

young_
02-19-2012, 08:09 PM
awesome bro... and yeah, get rid of that shift knob asap.

:word: it doesn't even fit. I can lift it right off. I'm not big on the boot either, the material is too thick so it's almost bulky. If that makes any sense. Can't wait for some OEM goodies :D

emerican
02-20-2012, 11:50 PM
^ why not go aftermarket on at least the knob??
my girl always helps me with my car akthough now i wont let her do anything or bend over lol.

young_
02-20-2012, 11:55 PM
^ why not go aftermarket on at least the knob??
my girl always helps me with my car akthough now i wont let her do anything or bend over lol.

I almost said why. lol :smackself

But I'm not sure really. I guess I'm just too picky. I don't want some cheap autozone knob ( like a glow in the dark skull) or some shit, but I'm not too sure what I want in a shift knob, so the stock one just eliminates the guess work. But I will look at some higher end shift knobs. If you happen to come across one you think I might like (this goes to anyone) feel free to post up a link on here.

I'm gonna do some searchin and you should totally stay online and tell me what you think of them.

pmac193
02-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Those sub boxes are pretty sick! I'd like to do something like that in mine because the previous owner drilled multiple holes in the personal trunk. :2confused

young_
02-20-2012, 11:57 PM
I like this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-FD2-TypeR-5MT-Shift-Knob-ITR-CTR-SiR-EG-EK-EP-DA-DC-/180769477059?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a16b351c3#ht_1799wt_1392 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-FD2-TypeR-5MT-Shift-Knob-ITR-CTR-SiR-EG-EK-EP-DA-DC-/180769477059?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a16b351c3#ht_1799wt_1392)

and no I don't care about the "JDM TYPE R" crap. But I like that one, if I only I could find it in black, with the red lettering.

Or this one if it was legit ARC and for a 5 speed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-FD2-TypeR-5MT-Shift-Knob-ITR-CTR-SiR-EG-EK-EP-DA-DC-/180769477059?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a16b351c3#ht_1799wt_1392

But it's still lookin like this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Honda-Shift-Knob-Civic-CRX-SI-EF8-EF-EK-EG-EF9-EG6-/270905753738?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f133dc08a#ht_648wt_1159

pmac193
02-21-2012, 12:26 AM
I have some shift knobs I feel liking moving. Take a look, also I have a heavy stainless steel one in the same style. http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=186179

young_
02-21-2012, 12:28 AM
I have some shift knobs I feel liking moving. Take a look, also I have a heavy stainless steel one in the same style. http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=186179

ehhh, not really what I'm looking for. Thanks though!

JustJustin
02-21-2012, 12:38 AM
I have this one:

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Balanced-Shift-Knob-Honda-Acura-P3210C1775.aspx

I love it. It actually makes the throws feel a little smoother too

young_
02-21-2012, 12:43 AM
I have this one:

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-Balanced-Shift-Knob-Honda-Acura-P3210C1775.aspx

I love it. It actually makes the throws feel a little smoother too

I'm actually looking into buying a short throw shifter and prothane shifter bushings for some crisp clean shifts :thumbs up

But I like the "ball" style versus the "lever" style, if that makes any sense.

emerican
02-21-2012, 01:02 PM
For those ebay ones id go with the first one if it was me, but i personally dont like the oem shift knob if you do thats all that matters.

young_
02-21-2012, 11:22 PM
For those ebay ones id go with the first one if it was me, but i personally dont like the oem shift knob if you do thats all that matters.

I may check out pep boys, they have a HUGE selection.

Anyways, not much in the way of updates, just waiting on my paycheck. I'll be looking into all of these.

-B&M or Skunk2 short shifter
-New shifter bushings to go with the short shifter
-New shift knob
-Short ram Intake

I may be able to get all of them, and maybe not. All just depends.

I feel like I'm forgetting stuff though..

JustJustin
02-21-2012, 11:29 PM
I may check out pep boys, they have a HUGE selection.

Anyways, not much in the way of updates, just waiting on my paycheck. I'll be looking into all of these.

-B&M or Skunk2 short shifter
-New shifter bushings to go with the short shifter
-New shift knob
-Short ram Intake

I may be able to get all of them, and maybe not. All just depends.

I feel like I'm forgetting stuff though..

If you do get the Skunk2 short shifter, don't bother getting a shift knob, because I believe that short shifter has a knob on it. I would get the short shifter first before those others!

young_
02-21-2012, 11:43 PM
If you do get the Skunk2 short shifter, don't bother getting a shift knob, because I believe that short shifter has a knob on it. I would get the short shifter first before those others!

Yeah, a guy on here said he got his B&M short shifter for only 50 bucks. So I'm pretty sure I'll get the shifter

anfrey
02-22-2012, 02:28 AM
order shifter bushings so you can swap out the stock ones while you're at it... you'll feel a major difference in how much tigher the shifter gets. no more slop!

TigBitties
02-22-2012, 03:21 AM
skunk2 doesnt come with the knob unless you get the package deal

Yeah, a guy on here said he got his B&M short shifter for only 50 bucks. So I'm pretty sure I'll get the shifter
i recommend b&m, high quality and very cheap. few things that work like that when it comes to cars

emerican
02-22-2012, 04:57 PM
b&m ftw

young_
02-22-2012, 04:59 PM
b&m ftw

:word:

And they're only like 50 bucks. That and some new shifter bushings, I'll be good to go :thumbs up
and I'll still have money left over for a little intake.

wazup_74
02-22-2012, 05:17 PM
I have the B&M short shifter with this OEM shift knob. :) I love this knob.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u39/carlingasman/d53b1dd9.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u39/carlingasman/9376ce37.jpg

young_
02-22-2012, 05:22 PM
I have the B&M short shifter with this OEM shift knob. :) I love this knob.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u39/carlingasman/d53b1dd9.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u39/carlingasman/9376ce37.jpg

Looks good!
That's the kind of knob I'm looking for too! (no homo)

young_
02-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Quick little update. Washed the bay today. Forgot to take before and after pics, but I did snag this one.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_05011.jpg

The bay wasn't even really dirty but it turned out good.

Just doin random shit until pay day :P

wazup_74
02-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Look up Honda fit 5 speed shift knob
Its hard to find since most are blue lettering. But i found this one in black. If you can't find one and really want one, i can see if i can find my other one. I had two but misplaced the other. I'm sure you can find it online faster than i can find mine lol.

wazup_74
02-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Here's some i found on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-7-2008-Honda-Fit-Aluminum-Manual-5-Speed-Shift-Knob-/290624059985?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43aa8b3a51#ht_1303wt_905
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2008-NEW-OEM-HONDA-FIT-M-T-ALUMINUM-SHIFT-KNOB-/350525871487?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item519cf8557f#ht_844wt_1139
OR even this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-CRX-del-Sol-Accord-OEM-JDM-Gunmetal-5-Speed-Gear-Shift-Knob-/330690059212?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AFit&vxp=mtr&hash=item4cfea9dbcc#ht_2907wt_1185
Or directly from one of my favorite places
http://www.handa-accessories.com/fitint07.html

that was quick. lol

young_
02-22-2012, 06:32 PM
wow. almost 50 bucks for the knob? lol I'll have to keep looking and if I don't find anything else cheaper then I'll probably get that one. Thanks for the links! :thumbs up

wazup_74
02-22-2012, 06:45 PM
yeah i did shifter, bushings, and knob for about 120 or 130.
You have definitely inspired me to work on my sol. I'll be cleaning it up today. :)

anfrey
02-22-2012, 07:00 PM
honestly i wouldn't 't bother with the intake. just get a k&n drop-in filter and you're good. intakes are just way too much money for the minimal gains you get. go buy an exhaust manifold instead.

emerican
02-23-2012, 12:11 AM
save the money from intake and short shifter and shift knob and alll and you got a good piece of a mini me swao.

young_
02-23-2012, 01:35 AM
yeah i did shifter, bushings, and knob for about 120 or 130.
You have definitely inspired me to work on my sol. I'll be cleaning it up today. :)
Glad to hear it man! Del Sol's are fun cars :D

honestly i wouldn't 't bother with the intake. just get a k&n drop-in filter and you're good. intakes are just way too much money for the minimal gains you get. go buy an exhaust manifold instead.
Nah, it's just an ebay short ram. I like the sound. I'll probably throw a k&n cone filter on it.

save the money from intake and short shifter and shift knob and alll and you got a good piece of a mini me swao.
I wantzz a b16. :D

GOOD NEWS!

I just got a s*** ton of work done on my car FOR FREE. My sister has the hook up. Some guy she's doin/ hangin with/ whatever, named Gil, owns a lexus service shop and offered to help me with my car. So I drove up to his shop tonight and he just dove in and fixed EVERYTHING. I even found out things I didn't know. This guy is legit, he was the youngest engineer toyota ever hired, at age 18. He has tons of cars, a couple boats, and a nice ass shop.

I got:
-A new shift knob off of an integra GSR (but it's an aftermarket knob, I'll post pics in the morning)
-A new ignition coil
-My timing set back right
-My exhaust raised up with new hangers
-Exhaust rattle fixed
-New plugs
-Found out I had a small leak from the oil pan because it was loose, tightened that back up.

and the promise that if I can set him up with my sister, that he'll give me the full leather interior out of the gsr (Door panels, front and rear seats, etc.) The GSR blades in great condition with new tires, and a set of black with chrome lip motegi's.

My car is in TIP TOP shape now except it needs a valve adjustment. It runs a hell of a lot better, and he said I got a pretty good deal. The car is running great, and apparently that's all it needs now is a valve adjustment. He's offered to do that as well another time because it was already getting late tonight.

So s***'s goin right. :D

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_05081.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_05091.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_05101.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_05161.jpg

It's good peace of mind that I can focus on little things other than the motor for once. I have a good platform to start from now.

And I love this new shift knob.

young_
02-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Bump. That was a decent update lol

anfrey
02-23-2012, 12:25 PM
good deal! valve adjustments are fairly easy to do, just get a set of feeler gauges and some good lube

young_
02-23-2012, 12:29 PM
good deal! valve adjustments are fairly easy to do, just get a set of feeler gauges and some good lube

Yeah, I might, but he's offered to do it, so I may just take him up on that and help him do it. It's so awesome to know my car's in good shape. :D I've never had a professional look at any of my cars.

anfrey
02-23-2012, 01:54 PM
don't let him do everything... have him teach you. you've got an incredible opportunity to learn here

young_
02-23-2012, 10:48 PM
don't let him do everything... have him teach you. you've got an incredible opportunity to learn here

That's what I mean, him guide me along the process. I don't want to let someone just have at my car and me not have a clue what's going on by any means.

In other news I restored my headlights :D
I'll post pics in the morning, they came out pretty good.

young_
02-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Got payed today :D
But after insurance, gas, and groceries I've got about 135 left. That's gotta last me 2 weeks, so I can't get the short shifter now :/ MIGHT get the intake, but only because the air filter in this thing is shot. Minimum wage jobs suck, but what can you do? May be able to pick up some side work or take off some scrap metal or something. Time will tell. So for now I'm just gonna do little DIY's here and there.

young_
02-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Next paycheck picking these up.

http://www.clubcivic.com/store/energy-suspension-shifter-bushings-16-1102_p724.html
http://www.clubcivic.com/store/b-m-precision-short-shifter_mp286.html

PM'd JayJay and he confirmed that the 1988-2000 is the same application as my 1993 del sol. :D

pmac193
02-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Yeah the bushings and shifter are gonna fit, it's just del Sol shift linkage that is different than the civic's

young_
02-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Just realized I haven't posted pictures up of the headlights restored and the new shift knob. I'll try and get some up in the morning.

emerican
02-26-2012, 12:14 AM
fail nick post up pics or ill kill you
On a side note are you just gonna meet me at a gas station or something tommrw.

young_
02-26-2012, 12:19 AM
fail nick post up pics or ill kill you
On a side note are you just gonna meet me at a gas station or something tommrw.

That post made you tingle in the pants and you know it. :P

and more than likely my mom's place, I'm gonna be over there some tomorrow.

emerican
02-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Which post cause theres only one thing in the world that does that and shes on the couch atm lol
And aight thats kool i was just there so no problem going there lol.

young_
02-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Which post cause theres only one thing in the world that does that and shes on the couch atm lol
And aight thats kool i was just there so no problem going there lol.

Lol my sister's a trip.

and aight man I'll hit you up some time tomorrow.

emerican
02-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Yeah she really is lol and aight just lmk only thing we gotta do is get gorcerys and go out to her moms to see her and steal a tv but thats later in the afternoon.

young_
02-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Yeah she really is lol and aight just lmk only thing we gotta do is get gorcerys and go out to her moms to see her and steal a tv but thats later in the afternoon.

Steal a tv?

Win :D

emerican
02-26-2012, 01:51 PM
oh yes lol the one we have is broke so we taking one of the ones from down there.

young_
02-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Small update. Just pics of the headlights cleaned up and the new shift knob.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_05541.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_05571.jpg

taluzer45
02-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Man, isn't that shift knob too low?

young_
02-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Man, isn't that shift knob too low?

Not low enough mann :D

anfrey
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
much better!! that knob height looks good to me. the short shifter will minimize travel down to wrist flicks :)

young_
02-26-2012, 06:59 PM
much better!! that knob height looks good to me. the short shifter will minimize travel down to wrist flicks :)

Can't wait for it :D

TigBitties
02-26-2012, 11:03 PM
is that a cut shifter?

emerican
02-26-2012, 11:11 PM
^ x2 ?

young_
02-27-2012, 12:19 AM
is that a cut shifter?

what do you mean? the shifter cut down to go low?
Nahh, it's stock for all I know. The ball's just small, the pic was taken from up above so it looks lower than it is.

Raabe
02-28-2012, 03:11 PM
My brother has a complete J35 swap for sale....

young_
02-28-2012, 04:41 PM
My brother has a complete J35 swap for sale....

:O nahh I'm not big on j swaps. How you liking the ap1?

buzzbombtom
02-29-2012, 01:51 AM
you know a del sol is a civic right? it doesnt belong in the "other" maybe you could ask a mod to relocate your thread to the right section. your plans are exciting though buddy. do the j swap it would be fun.

emerican
02-29-2012, 01:14 PM
He knows its technically a civic he asked me where to put it and we decided on other since noobs and possibly other people might not know its a civic. HE said he was fine with it being in other so we decided on that.

young_
02-29-2012, 05:45 PM
He knows its technically a civic he asked me where to put it and we decided on other since noobs and possibly other people might not know its a civic. HE said he was fine with it being in other so we decided on that.

^^ This. But if anyone feels that it should be moved (Mods) feel free to move it around as you wish :P

No updates for now, but I did just come back from about an hour and a half trip and the car ran fine the whole way there and back. Getting a lot more comfortable with the stick shift. :D

Hecz
02-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Very nice man, i like it. It came without hubcaps or you took em off?

young_
02-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Very nice man, i like it. It came without hubcaps or you took em off?

Came without hubcaps :/
I hate steelies. Hopefully gonna get some wheels from a buddy here soon.

emerican
02-29-2012, 11:56 PM
If you get them i got cash in hand for the blades i better be first phone call negro.

young_
02-29-2012, 11:58 PM
If you get them i got cash in hand for the blades i better be first phone call negro.

you have my word. Tell Amy to go get with Gil and you'll have them in 2 days lol
Just make sure skeet aint around

Hecz
03-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Came without hubcaps :/
I hate steelies. Hopefully gonna get some wheels from a buddy here soon.

word, now that i think about it, I don;t think delsols came with hubcaps. So putting hubcaps on those steelies might look strange.

anfrey
03-01-2012, 12:47 AM
didn't the Del Sol VTEC (the b16 one) come with alloys though?

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

Hecz
03-01-2012, 01:04 AM
didn't the Del Sol VTEC (the b16 one) come with alloys though?

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

yea dude you're correct about that. But don't you remember there's also "del sol fat five" wheels, and they also come with some other wheels many nicked named "skinny fives".

The base "S" model (called the VXi in Japan from 19921994, but after 1995 called the VGi) came with a 1.5 liter SOHC 16-valve four cylinder engine and rode on 13" steel wheels, available only at Honda Verno Japanese dealerships.

young_
03-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I've become haunted by my excessive wheel gap. 13's are just so small. Probably gonna get some 15's. Just not sure what.

anfrey
03-02-2012, 01:40 PM
yeah 13s are rather small, but they're also light. a lower rotational mass certainly helps with acceleration from a standstill. as for what wheels, that will depend on your budget and your style preference. take a look at the selection at tirerack.com

aaronbrooks1989
03-04-2012, 05:30 PM
clean sol, slammmmm it!

young_
03-04-2012, 06:26 PM
clean sol, slammmmm it!

Appreciate it man :thumbs up
and I can't go much lower because I wouldn't be able to make it into my driveway. lol

anfrey
03-04-2012, 11:35 PM
planks! honestly i wouldn't go low with Georgia roads anyway...

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

young_
03-05-2012, 11:43 AM
planks! honestly i wouldn't go low with Georgia roads anyway...

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

Yeah there's places I bottom out/come close to bottoming out all over town.

anfrey
03-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Yeah there's places I bottom out/come close to bottoming out all over town.

yeah my subie didn't like the hilly areas of atlanta. some parts are just super steep

young_
03-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Faaawwwkk... -.-
Well I raised up my exhaust not too long ago because it kept scraping, well it brought the muffler up more too..
It melted that bottom lip on my bumper :/

Gonna post pics tomorrow

anfrey
03-07-2012, 03:04 AM
my muffler is sitting pretty much touching my bumper. i need longer hangers. wanna trade?

Larry145
03-07-2012, 05:17 AM
http://www.heritems.info/avatar4.jpgPicked it up for 2700 after selling my integra for 2800. Only downside is it really needs a tune-up.

Osiris19
03-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Hurry up with the pics of the del slow. lol.

young_
03-08-2012, 01:53 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/47c78e25-f17f-f427.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/47c78e25-f197-12ac.jpg

And it looks like I do have a cut shifter
http://img.tapatalk.com/47c78e25-f1ae-aab5.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/47c78e25-f1d8-784e.jpg

And just a top off shot for fun
http://img.tapatalk.com/47c78e25-f201-640b.jpg

emerican
03-08-2012, 09:46 PM
I knew that shitfer wasnt right and i noticed the burnt bumper i just figured it was like that when you bought it, but since you did it nobdy else to blame.

Osiris19
03-09-2012, 11:04 AM
I only ever liked del sols for their removable top. However, I have a feeling you'll make this look nice.

young_
03-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I only ever liked del sols for their removable top. However, I have a feeling you'll make this look nice.

:D I appreciate it. I am trying to take my time with it and buy good quality parts. I could have easily bought cheap knock offs for everything I want off eBay but I want this one to turn out right.

How's the teggy coming? I miss the torque :/

Raabe
03-09-2012, 03:50 PM
I love when a Sol has its top off...makes me want one :)

young_
03-09-2012, 03:54 PM
I love when a Sol has its top off...makes me want one :)

You know what, just for you Raabe, I'll trade you my del sol for your s2k :P I'll even throw in 500 dollars on top.

anfrey
03-09-2012, 03:58 PM
i like my gals topless as well

young_
03-10-2012, 01:11 AM
i like my gals topless as well

Indeed.

Well sorry to disappoint but I re-directed some of my funds that I had planned on spending on the car, and I bought another dog :D My fiance loves bigger dogs and we had to get rid of ours not too long ago because my parents were afraid of our dog hurting one of my sister's children. Well, they recently got a big dog, and I saw how upset it made Jess (my fiance') so I asked around, and next thing you know we've got an American Boxer :D His name is "Dexterus Maximus" but he goes by Max; thank god. He's a very happy dog, he's six months old, and he's a great addition to the family. I'll post up some pictures of him when I get the time. Sorry to say not much will be done to the car this pay period, but I am working on some side work so I "might" be able to squeeze a little something in.

Osiris19
03-11-2012, 09:35 AM
:D I appreciate it. I am trying to take my time with it and buy good quality parts. I could have easily bought cheap knock offs for everything I want off eBay but I want this one to turn out right.

How's the teggy coming? I miss the torque :/

She's treating me well. Nothing has broke, just same stuff I still have to fix. I love the torque of this car. Shove it in first and floor it, it's so quick. I just wish I had better paychecks to go out and do more things with it.

young_
03-11-2012, 12:15 PM
She's treating me well. Nothing has broke, just same stuff I still have to fix. I love the torque of this car. Shove it in first and floor it, it's so quick. I just wish I had better paychecks to go out and do more things with it.

Yeah going from a b18b1 to a d15b7 was a major downgrade power wise, but with gas prices shooting up I'm okay with it because I'm getting around 42 mpg. I'm still undecided on what motor I want to go with. I want a b16 for the all around power, but my mpg's would definitely feel it. So I'm considering buying a d16z6, building it on the stand, or just rebuilding it, and swapping it in one weekend. I would just re-build my current motor but it's my daily so I can't afford to have it out long enough to do anything with it.

And I feel ya on the small paychecks. I get around 300 every two weeks but it's no where near enough if anything unexpected comes up. Gotta find a full time job soon.

emerican
03-11-2012, 11:20 PM
i found out today my buddy chad would have given you his american pit for nothing just to get rid of it cause hes never home.
Its a great dog kid friendly nice dosent bark much id take it if we didnt already have a big dog you shoulda got me to look around first man could have saved you some cash.

young_
03-11-2012, 11:29 PM
i found out today my buddy chad would have given you his american pit for nothing just to get rid of it cause hes never home.
Its a great dog kid friendly nice dosent bark much id take it if we didnt already have a big dog you shoulda got me to look around first man could have saved you some cash.

It's all good, Jess's parents won't let us take in a pit anyways. Although Jess would have loved one. But boxers are her second favorite so all is good.

Appreciate it though.

emerican
03-11-2012, 11:33 PM
It dosent look like a normal pit so you could have played it off but its all good if you know anybody that wants one and will treat it right. Not jason then lmk.

young_
03-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Not jason then lmk.

good laugh :D

emerican
03-13-2012, 12:59 PM
i thought so too lol

Osiris19
03-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Yeah going from a b18b1 to a d15b7 was a major downgrade power wise, but with gas prices shooting up I'm okay with it because I'm getting around 42 mpg. I'm still undecided on what motor I want to go with. I want a b16 for the all around power, but my mpg's would definitely feel it. So I'm considering buying a d16z6, building it on the stand, or just rebuilding it, and swapping it in one weekend. I would just re-build my current motor but it's my daily so I can't afford to have it out long enough to do anything with it.

And I feel ya on the small paychecks. I get around 300 every two weeks but it's no where near enough if anything unexpected comes up. Gotta find a full time job soon.

Yeah, my 15 MPG sucks major d.., well you get the point. That o2 sensor is getting replaced tomorrow, and that $55 better fucking work haha. Tired of throwing $40 in the tank every week. Also need to get this transmission swapped in already. I'm thinking of taking apart the one I got and cleaning it. I'm considering swapping a d series into the teg haha. Lol what a downgrade THAT would be. I make 100 a week lol..

young_
03-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Yeah, my 15 MPG sucks major d.., well you get the point. That o2 sensor is getting replaced tomorrow, and that $55 better f***ing work haha. Tired of throwing $40 in the tank every week. Also need to get this transmission swapped in already. I'm thinking of taking apart the one I got and cleaning it. I'm considering swapping a d series into the teg haha. Lol what a downgrade THAT would be. I make 100 a week lol..

Hope it works for you man. But a SOHC really wouldn't work out too well in the teggy, just because the integras are so heavy. I didn't get too bad of gas mileage out of mine so hopefully you can fix yours and be back on track

Osiris19
03-16-2012, 12:27 AM
I know, I was just joking about the d series thing, and yes are only about 400 lbs heavier than its smaller cousin. I'm hoping I can get it fixed too, cause I have so much crap I need to start saving for like prom tickets, tux, trip to Virginia (ECHM SUCKA), etc.

young_
03-16-2012, 12:31 AM
I know, I was just joking about the d series thing, and yes are only about 400 lbs heavier than its smaller cousin. I'm hoping I can get it fixed too, cause I have so much crap I need to start saving for like prom tickets, tux, trip to Virginia (ECHM SUCKA), etc.

I never went to my prom. :/ But it's all good. Just couldn't afford it. I considered going to the ECHM but it's too close to my birthday and I'd rather be in town. Plus it's a very long ways away.

Osiris19
03-16-2012, 12:34 AM
My girlfriend keeps telling me ill regret it years later if I don't go, and she couldn't go to the upcoming dance because she's going to her brothers wedding, so I asked her to come to prom with me. We're going to Delaware to get her a dress lol.. as for ECHM, that's why I'm trying to get my teg fixed cause it's a 5 and a half hour drive.

young_
03-16-2012, 12:37 AM
9+ hours here :/

Osiris19
03-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Yeah that's terrible. I don't know if I could do 9 hours. 5 and a half is gonna kill me.

young_
03-16-2012, 12:41 AM
Yeah that's terrible. I don't know if I could do 9 hours. 5 and a half is gonna kill me.

The seats in my Integra were comfy, probably could have made it in that. I drove 2 and a half hours in the del sol after buying it and my ass was killing me. I can't see making 9 hours without a lot of stops. I'll probably just wait for something closer.

Osiris19
03-16-2012, 12:42 AM
I love my seats in my teg, but if I don't sit correctly from the start, my leg gets very tired going back and forth bbetween the break and the gas pedal.

young_
03-16-2012, 12:44 AM
I love my seats in my teg, but if I don't sit correctly from the start, my leg gets very tired going back and forth bbetween the break and the gas pedal.

Biggest change in going to a five speed. Left leg goes from doing absolutely nothing to working it's ass off in traffic. lol

Osiris19
03-16-2012, 12:45 AM
Lmao. I haven't driven five speed in a few weeks cause my girlfriends dad hasn't had time to take me out in the focus.

emerican
03-16-2012, 01:36 PM
I never went to prom either dont regret it, but its up to you what you want to do. I went to a huge party that we through for half the money prom would have cost everybdy and had more fun than i would have at a dance.
with my back and knee im dying after like 3 hours in a car even with pills i aint doing more than 4 and half non stop.

anfrey
03-16-2012, 02:02 PM
i didn't go to my prom and don't regret it one bit. i put the money towards other more lasting fun. honestly, nothing in high school will be even remotely important once you've moved on to greater things. honestly, the only people that regret not going to prom are those that don't amount to much after high school and i have a feeling that's not you at all. wouldn't your girl prefer a romantic and intimate one-on-one dinner date with you anyway? there will be plenty of parties to come when you go to college and enter professional life, parties that will make a prom feel so piddly you'll wonder why you even bothered. in my case, i threw a party that was twice as big as prom for my fellow students (i went to a small high school. graduating class had 60 people) and it was so much more of a success and we all got really wasted and had a killer time all night long. i also made over $300 profit that night from the entry/cup fee after paying for a shitload of beer, rum, pisco, and whiskey. granted, the drinking age in Chile is 18.

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

anfrey
03-16-2012, 02:05 PM

don't lean. sit up straight. proper posture when driving helps reduce leg travel when depressing the pedals and offers you a greater degree of control over your vehicle.

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

young_
03-16-2012, 02:06 PM
don't lean. sit up straight. proper posture when driving helps reduce leg travel when depressing the pedals and offers you a greater degree of control over your vehicle.

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

Exactly! Look at racing seats. :P

anfrey
03-16-2012, 02:07 PM
and guys, 5 hours is nothing. I've done cross country drives over 20 hours long stopping only for fuel, food, and to pee. just shift your seating position from time to time

[SGH-T989/Tapatalk]

emerican
03-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Before the problems with my back and knee the family used to ride 8 10 hors non stop unless it was an emergency and it didnt bother me but i have to be able to move around every few hours now.

anfrey
03-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Before the problems with my back and knee the family used to ride 8 10 hors non stop unless it was an emergency and it didnt bother me but i have to be able to move around every few hours now.
you may need a seat that gives you better lower back support. as for the knee, use the dead pedal. it helps a lot. on long highway trips sometimes i'll move my seat a bit further back to fully stretch out my legs.

young_
03-16-2012, 05:14 PM
My old blazer had adjustable lumbar support :[

Osiris19
03-16-2012, 09:59 PM
The teg has that lumbar thingy, but it doesn't do much lol. And I do sit up. Most of the time.

young_
03-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Update :D

Changed the oil today, ran some "engine restorer" stuff that I've heard great things about through it. I'll report back if it helps my smoking.

Andddd I bought this stuff from turtle wax called "black box" and it worked GREAT.

Car's shinin good and reflects like a mirror!

Pics!

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_1080.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_1081.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_1084.jpg
^^ that's me in the reflection :D I was working on the targa top. (the top left isn't shiny because there's no clear coat there :/)
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_1091.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_1092.jpg
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/NicholasShreds/1993%20Honda%20Del%20Sol/IMG_1093.jpg

So what do you think? Spent forever on it today. I'm happy with the outcome :D

ReedMann
03-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Looks great man. The paint looks really fresh. Any plans for rims?

young_
03-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Looks great man. The paint looks really fresh. Any plans for rims?

Lots of plans, limited funds. I've got a few areas I want to touch on before I save for wheels. I've got a buddy thats supposed to give me some gsr blades for a favor but I'm not sure if that's gonna work out. Hopefully it does though.

ReedMann
03-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Anything to get rid of those steelies haha. I feel you though, I could always use some more cash.

young_
03-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Anything to get rid of those steelies haha. I feel you though, I could always use some more cash.

Definitely. I wish I could find some cheap rotas or something. Shit, pep boys sells rims around here. I know a couple of people around that rock their rims, but I know they're pretty much junk.

Whole set of 4 15's for 230.

Osiris19
03-24-2012, 11:52 PM
I want Volk TE37's. Haha yeah right. I'd have to sell a lung to get that.

young_
03-25-2012, 12:03 AM
I want Volk TE37's. Haha yeah right. I'd have to sell a lung to get that.

I've got shit kidneys, so I'd throw one up lol.

What you think of the paint?

Osiris19
03-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Mmm. Sexy sol. I should do that to the teg wants I pop the dents out and clear the rust.

young_
03-25-2012, 02:01 AM
Mmm. Sexy sol. I should do that to the teg wants I pop the dents out and clear the rust.

Do it :D I've used some sort of color restoration product on all my cars, mainly Meguiars ultimate compound, but never anything color specific until today. I definitely recommend it.

buzzbombtom
03-25-2012, 02:08 AM
well as long as your happy with the outcome of the wax job....

as far as the volks, the proper size for your car is pretty inexpensive, like sub $1,000 with some tires on them. i think a lung sells for like $20,000 on the black market. (thats the real cost btw)..

Osiris19
03-25-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm going to the car wash later to get it washed.

young_
03-25-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm going to the car wash later to get it washed.

Auto car wash? I never knew how to put the power antenna down so I never took it through a car wash

Osiris19
03-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Nah, gonna power wash it myself. And the antenna is motorized dude. Mine is just stuck. I wanna do an s2k antenna swap.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg808/scaled.php?server=808&filename=462727492985932a2005o.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

young_
03-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Nah, gonna power wash it myself. And the antenna is motorized dude. Mine is just stuck. I wanna do an s2k antenna swap.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg808/scaled.php?server=808&filename=462727492985932a2005o.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

s2k antenna's ftw. ( can I put one on my del sol? :O)
and yeah that's what I couldn't figure out, I didn't know how to get the power antenna to go down so it wouldn't get knocked off in a car wash.

Osiris19
03-25-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm sure you could put it on any Honda lol. Just search it. I washed the teg, but it just brought out all the scratches that the dirt and dust hid lol.

young_
03-25-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm sure you could put it on any Honda lol. Just search it. I washed the teg, but it just brought out all the scratches that the dirt and dust hid lol.

Try using a rubbing or polishing compound with a good wax.

R3dline
03-25-2012, 05:33 PM
no, u cant use it on a delsol, since the delsols ant. is on the side of the quarter panel .

young_
03-25-2012, 05:40 PM
http://honda-tech.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=87210&stc=1&d=1258916847

R3dline
03-25-2012, 06:06 PM
well never mind guess you can! , i didnt think it would fit .

Osiris19
03-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Lmao that looks mad nice to be honest.

R3dline
03-25-2012, 11:32 PM
looks better than the stock 8 mile long one that comes factory on them.

Osiris19
03-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah, Honda has some really long antennas

Blayze2010
03-26-2012, 12:49 AM
Looks nice!

young_
03-26-2012, 11:42 AM
looks better than the stock 8 mile long one that comes factory on them.

Looks nice!

Thanks man! How's everything going on your end?

young_
04-18-2012, 07:32 PM
So as many of you may know I had decided to sell the car, well after considering option after option I have decided to hang onto it a little longer, and fix it up a bit. Just fix the ends and odds stuff that would help bring more from the car. Plus the more I thought about getting rid of it the more I realized I REALLY like this car. lol, so back to the drawing board. On the list now are...

- Hinge for glovebox
- Possibly new drivers seat (may get drivers and passengers with the red stripe)
- New prothane shifter bushings
- B&M short shifter
- Wheels
- Maybe s2k antenna? Still need to look into this one.

Other than that I'll just pick up some suspension goodies, considering an energy suspension bushings set. I've heard wonders about the improvements they can make.

Anyways, just thought I'd wake this build thread back up. Updates should come Saturday if all goes to plan.

R3dline
04-18-2012, 07:39 PM
cool, i hated my del sol, it was really the only honda other than my 7th gen sedan that i hated with a passion. but good luck with it man.

young_
04-18-2012, 07:40 PM
cool, i hated my del sol, it was really the only honda other than my 7th gen sedan that i hated with a passion. but good luck with it man.

lol it's all good man. We all have our good ones and bad ones. How's the focus treating you?

R3dline
04-18-2012, 07:45 PM
its good, needs a tune up, wires, plugs, coil pack, fuel filter etc. just time for it.

95coupeWI
04-19-2012, 01:46 AM
I was interested in how the bushings will make a difference also.. you should buy them and let me know :)

emerican
04-19-2012, 02:01 AM
^ lol

TigBitties
04-19-2012, 02:19 AM
i love urethane bushings. i need to do my front control arms and rear trailing arms though

MistahJuice
04-19-2012, 03:09 AM
Glad you decided to keep it!

young_
05-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Just a small update. Replaced the valve cover gasket and tube seals. Got some floor mats, new door speakers, and more to come. Also got the eBay short ram intake in today, gonna put it on tomorrow after work. Actually going to put a K&N filter on it this time because I plan on having the car long enough to. Next thing on the list is undecided, thinking about shifter bushings.

http://img.tapatalk.com/4ab088ca-6003-75be.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/4ab088ca-6036-8796.jpg

Also got some headlights :D just a pic for comparison of old vs new. They're HiPro 5900K

http://img.tapatalk.com/4ab088ca-608b-d7b6.jpg

emerican
05-01-2012, 02:03 AM
You better actually put the good filter on this one lol.

young_
05-02-2012, 05:45 PM
You better actually put the good filter on this one lol.

That is the plan lol

Danielrod61
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Clean so far. I never liked the front ends. My buddy just did a full eg swap.

http://i49.tinypic.com/29xenma.jpg

Just a quick shot after we did it.

emerican
05-03-2012, 10:49 PM
that was the plan with the civic as well lol.

young_
05-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Clean so far. I never liked the front ends. My buddy just did a full eg swap.

http://i49.tinypic.com/29xenma.jpg

Just a quick shot after we did it.

Looks good, just doesn't line up well at the fenders.

Anyways the car is sold. I found out the reason for my smoking was the oil ring. Car needed a rebuild. So I sold it for 2500 and now I'm in the market for another vehicle.

Logan98036wa
05-06-2012, 06:03 PM
What are you getting next?

young_
05-07-2012, 12:05 AM
What are you getting next?

Not a clue. Thinking about an accord. Maybe another integra. All I know is it's gonna be a two door and five speed.

emerican
05-07-2012, 12:44 AM
i hope you find something fast man, but thats its a good one.

young_
05-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Looking at a 96 civic ex tonight, just to check it out quick. Then looking at it again in the morning to decide if I want to buy it.

MistahJuice
05-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Sounds good. At least that'll keep you on the site lol

Danielrod61
05-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Good luck, man.

young_
05-08-2012, 01:28 AM
Guy had another buyer coming in from Tennessee, had pages of messages and saw he wants bullshitting. He was asking 2300 and I got it for 2000. Leaves me some room to fix the little stuff that's wrong with it. Its got a CEL for an o2 sensor (guy scanned it in front of me so I know that's what it is) and both of the windows have the ever so common regulator problem. But other than that its all good. It's an ex trim model so it's got the D16Y8 VTEC, and all the power options, cruise control, etc. Runs and drives GREAT. Paint isn't faded and in good shape, body is free of dents. All in all I think I got a great deal. Interior is great as well. I'll make a build thread for it tomorrow sometime.

emerican
05-08-2012, 01:32 AM
tuned in for build thread

Osiris19
05-08-2012, 07:43 AM
You're gonna become the next Redline.

young_
05-08-2012, 10:45 AM
You're gonna become the next Redline.

Lol Justin (Emerican) has made this observation.

But nahh he's on a whole 'nother level. Besides GA has a law that you can only register/ purchase up to four vehicles a year or else you have to get your dealers license.

086head
05-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Love the black, was going to buy my dads 93 del sol but he flipped it roughly 3-4 times

Osiris19
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Lol Justin (Emerican) has made this observation.

But nahh he's on a whole 'nother level. Besides GA has a law that you can only register/ purchase up to four vehicles a year or else you have to get your dealers license.

Are you fo realz? I never even heard of a law like that. I wonder if PA has one too.

JustJustin
05-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Are you fo realz? I never even heard of a law like that. I wonder if PA has one too.

Pretty sure North Carolina has that same law.

emerican
05-08-2012, 08:33 PM
not sure about any other place, but i know GA has that law or atleast it used to a few buddies of mine have dealers licenses for this reason lol.

mymmeryloss
05-08-2012, 08:51 PM
In for new build!