PDA

View Full Version : Ricer's are annoying so......

j_fukin_t
04-22-2006, 11:43 AM
i hand their ass to em, its a shame to because the guy had this base rsx riced more than the china house on a saturday night, just driving to the store minding my own biz when this lil fuk keeps speeding up and slowing down so on so forth, yea annoying so we get a light and i figured i would shut his mouth for him, now all along i thought this was a type-s so i didn't even bother, so he starts reving his what souded like autozone exhaust :lol: so i'm watching the turn arrow and when it hits yellow i take it to like 4k and launched the fuck outta my slow ass em1 and that is when i realized that it wan't a type-s because 1 he couldn't drive and 2 even w/ a bad driver the s would reel me in so pretty much walked him by like 3-4 cars, pretty much another slow vs. slow story, anyhow fig i would share ;)

radarblips
04-22-2006, 11:52 AM
I"m not one for street racing, but every once in a while I find myself in your situation :lol: I have the funniest rice story evaaaar, involves a fat ricer pirate and his posse of dyke biker whores, no joke :shock:

j_fukin_t
04-22-2006, 11:56 AM
I"m not one for street racing, but every once in a while I find myself in your situation :lol: I have the funniest rice story evaaaar, involves a fat ricer pirate and his posse of dyke biker whores, no joke :shock:
well fuck lets hear it ;)

House Special
04-22-2006, 12:04 PM
yea let's hear it.........*Official Ricer Kill Thread*

Vtec is O_O
04-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Dam Straight!!! The RIce Thread

Vtec is O_O
04-22-2006, 12:06 PM
This is where you get the Term "Like Cambodians on Rice" We eat Rice all Day.

j_fukin_t
04-22-2006, 12:10 PM
yea let's hear it.........*Official Ricer Kill Thread*
there we go, can a mod please add that to the title please ;)

Genuine Rolla
04-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Story Time!!!!!!!

kangaroo
04-24-2006, 09:45 AM
I eat rice for breakfast lunch and dinner.... and sometimes on the street too...No Joke.
(I'm azn)
hahahah...

j_fukin_t
04-24-2006, 09:03 PM
where is that story w/ the dykes and shit bro?? :twisted:

DaGFTDOne
04-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Come one, I wanna hear some stories!!!!!

Rayden
04-29-2006, 01:19 AM
Noob question!!!

the term Rice refers to????? ....Arent we all ricers???

kangaroo
04-29-2006, 12:23 PM
yeahh we are all ricers but we just don't admit it....
hahahahhaha..

j_fukin_t
04-29-2006, 12:25 PM
hell yea i'm a ricer (if that means getting 30mpg and having a decent looking import)

RedLine42
04-30-2006, 11:33 AM
hell yea i'm a ricer (if that means getting 30mpg and having a decent looking import)

x2

worldpower
04-30-2006, 12:20 PM
at the time i had an all stock 127hp civic ex 05' and i raced my friend 98 cavelier auto with a fart can and i beat him twice on two stop lights! how could this be ,i thought caveliers had 160hp stock, he thought my civic was pretty fast

NOFX
04-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Noob question!!!

the term Rice refers to????? ....Arent we all ricers???
We've had a lot of threads on this topic before... But "rice" to me refers to gaudy modifications to a car. Sometimes it refers to parts that are meant to look like something (or sounds like something) they're not. It can be on Asian, domestic, or European cars. Giant metal wings, plastic vents screwed to the hood, exhast tips that make you sound like you have a BOV, etc.

radarblips
04-30-2006, 01:45 PM
where is that story w/ the dykes and shit bro?? :twisted:
Oh shit, I forgot all about that...here goes.

So there I am, minding my own business, just hanging out in the back of the Wal-Mart parking lot when a fat ass guy with an eye patch drives around my friends and I in a silver 7th gen with some shitty ass rims and a buzzy fart can to back it up. He does this for about 3 or 4 more minutes, doing weak burnouts and laughing.
He goes away for a bit, parks his car and walks over to me with his posse of shemales.
Summary of the scene:
One 400 pound redneck pirate who can somehow fit into a civic :shock:
One 300 pound girl with fucked teeth and I'm pretty sure she was packing more heat than me :shock:
A couple of more fatty girls but they didn't look as manly or hairy.
As their walking toward me, the pirate points toward my stock 06 coupe and asks me who car it is.
I say it's mine, and that's when he pops the question..."wanna race?"
They rest of the conversation I end up making him feel like a dumbass with all of my friends around just laughing their asses off.
Something along the lines of even if his little mods did add some power to his car, his fat ass....you get the picture. Then a couple more minutes of asking why i'd waste my time against his "RACECAR?"
He ends up walking away threatens to beat my ass, AS HE'S WALKING AWAY,
and tells me to go back to Toyko...wtf?
I told him I'd go back as soon as he stops fucking his mom and sister :lol:
But yea, I don't exactly remember all the details, just that is was fucking grand 8)

worldpower
04-30-2006, 02:18 PM
We've had a lot of threads on this topic before... But "rice" to me refers to gaudy modifications to a car. Sometimes it refers to parts that are meant to look like something (or sounds like something) they're not. It can be on Asian, domestic, or European cars. Giant metal wings, plastic vents screwed to the hood, exhast tips that make you sound like you have a BOV, etc.

not to be stupid but,does a big aluminum wing suppose to do something for the car?

chinoiswok
04-30-2006, 02:33 PM
HAHA yah stuff like that happens to me alot too. especially since i had only 1 of 3 06 SI's in my town for awhile everyone would try to race me. just recently i was driving home and this asshole in a 03 hatchback si starts tail gating me. they were just being stupid, so finally we stop @ the light before the highway, and i just took the EP off the line, and by the time we finish i was going about 70.maybe 1-2 car lengths on him. it also happened to be my bro's friends old hatch. so i knew what it had. but the car was actually clean. black on black EP3/I/H/E/Vtec controller and Type-r lip kit.

kangaroo
04-30-2006, 02:33 PM
down force....hahaha.

nucesone
04-30-2006, 02:58 PM
not to be stupid but,does a big aluminum wing suppose to do something for the car?

yea it's suppose to push down on the car .....on the rear section.......or downforce.....w/e

and lips and "body kits" provide downforce in the front.........
along with splitters....

so if your front wheel drive.....try to get as much downforce in the front.......
but thers also a limit so be carefull.

nucesone
04-30-2006, 03:03 PM
well your not a ricer if you have alot off dumbass shit on your car.....but alot off people consider this the definition of a ricer......me .....well,a ricer to me is some one who can't drive.......
and i'm not talking 1/4 mile.......i'm talking about real race car driving....like the track or touge.............

Eran
04-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Holy fuck :shock:

Did your mother drink?

NOFX
04-30-2006, 03:08 PM
yea it's suppose to push down on the car .....on the rear section.......or downforce.....w/e

and lips and "body kits" provide downforce in the front.........
along with splitters....

so if your front wheel drive.....try to get as much downforce in the front.......
but thers also a limit so be carefull.
Body kits, lip kits, and spoilers DO NOT give cars downforce automatically. SOME do, they are generally higher end kits and spoilers NOT MEANT for Hondas. An Si lip on a '99-'00 isn't going to give you any downforce and the wing they come with is also purely for looks.

Yes, the original idea of spoilers, cannards, body kits, and maybe even some lips was to help provide more downforce. The more modern versions of these accessories are just for looks though.

j_fukin_t
04-30-2006, 04:26 PM
:werd: well said, it was a shame that the guy screwed that rsx up

ItsAnEP3
04-30-2006, 06:54 PM
actually, wings will only give downforce on high performance "RACE" cars when they are going over 140 mph, not gonna do shit to a street Civic

worldpower
04-30-2006, 07:18 PM
down force....hahaha.

down force for what ?so you wont fly to the sky?
its not like your going 200mph,now thats when i might consider downforce

kangaroo
04-30-2006, 10:32 PM
actually up-force so you can fly...Thats the only point you put a big old spoiler on a civic. (j/p)

Rayden
05-01-2006, 07:44 PM
I have a friend that has a Huge aluminum wing on his Celica GTS. It looks so UGLY!! The rest of the Car is pretty tight though. I agree, why would you need that much down force for everyday driving, because thats what you do in your car 90% of the time anyway.

Goodmayn
05-01-2006, 08:01 PM
The only ricer story I can muster was back in high school I was rollin with this buddy in his facto-rice Tiburon with the big ol shark wing on the back and this heinous Civic with a little asian dude rolls up next to us and was like, " Dis is a 10 second car, go if you fell rucky" and we're like yea ok, so we take off like normal and the guy sorta launches... before I could tell my buddy that he was a moron for not owning the civic, the asian dude explodes away from us... like... just disappears.... no where near a 10 sec car but def mid to low 12s and if he didnt have the ghey kit and the stupid spoiler he might've even been able to top high 11s... rice CAN be deceiving....

JohnS.
05-01-2006, 08:37 PM
not really a ricer but just some annoying kid thinking his grand am or w/e it was (older model...not the new ones) was mad quick.

so i was happily driving down the road taking my girlfriend home and, i always drive fast, so i passed this kid in his crazy tint'd white grand am or w/e it was (it was raining so it was hard to see what it was). so i pass him and pull over in front of him cuz a red light was comin up and the left lane was filled. and i look in my rearview and it was some idiot punk with his hat sideways and (i think) his girl in the passenger seat. so i thought why not, lets see what this pos 164k stock y8 can do...in the rain :???:.

i saw the turn signal go yellow on the crossing road so i rev only to like 2.5k cuz it was raining and didnt wanna launch and i kinda eased the clutch out but still couldn't grab so i shifted to 2nd at like 4-5kish and i noticed he switched back over when he had room and took 2nd all the way then 3rd all the way and we were pretty much dead even. he braked at the end cuz the lanes merge into 1 and he was behind me by about a car length.

held up better than i thought i would. the only "mod" if u wanna even call it that was a removed intake resonator. i think i walked him had it been dry :what:

kangaroo
05-01-2006, 10:38 PM
good stories.
keep them comming

ItsAnEP3
05-01-2006, 10:54 PM
I have a friend that has a Huge aluminum wing on his Celica GTS. It looks so UGLY!! The rest of the Car is pretty tight though. I agree, why would you need that much down force for everyday driving, because thats what you do in your car 90% of the time anyway.

sorry, but that wing wasn't giving him downforce, just rice

Pineapples
05-02-2006, 02:13 AM
^^ actually those spoilers actually work. If you have/had one,, you would know. On freeway or at highspeed, your car would seem like it's dragging something heavy.

worldpower
05-02-2006, 11:28 AM
^^ actually those spoilers actually work. If you have/had one,, you would know. On freeway or at highspeed, your car would seem like it's dragging something heavy.

If it really did something then why dont nascar race cars have them , i think they would know if they should
or not , or what aboat firebirds camaro ss, non of them use wings that big, i mean if nascar dont nead it why would a civic need it unless your just looking for the look

kangaroo
05-02-2006, 02:36 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j79/kangaroo911/ha-car-002.jpg

I know this car is getting major down force

chadi
05-02-2006, 02:53 PM
with those stup[id spoilers....they do ad downforce at about 80-100mph...i remember back in school we did a lab on downforce and crap...if theyre built right they do....but most of the are jus there so poeple can sit on it....

Vtec is O_O
05-06-2006, 04:50 PM
its funny how people Put the brand name Speakers or amp etc.... they have in there car. Thats like stooopppidddd. There just letting peolpe know that they got beats, and its about to get stolen......

Mr.Luder
05-07-2006, 02:17 AM
so here i am getting off the highway and i look in my rear view mirror and see some mexicans in a mustystang with wut look like a intergra type r wing on it. and a phat APC decal on the top of the windshield. its a two lane left turn and the light goes green with him on my right and he guns it and makes the turn, gets infront of me and brakes checks me! I'm like WTF??????????????????????? So i'm all pissed and we end up at another lite side by side. I turned on my flashers even before the light went green and launched on green and left them in first gear. after that they stopped laughing and drove by me and flipped me off. i pointed and laughed as they passed by which i know got them even more pissed and embarrased. this story goes to show that there's even american rice mobiles out there

NOFX
05-07-2006, 02:23 AM
Today Jason and I saw a white circa 2001 Mustang V6 coupe. Had a Flowmaster sticker and K&N sticker in the back window. I didn't see any exhaust though. :what:

hundredwatt
05-08-2006, 11:29 PM
If it really did something then why dont nascar race cars have them , i think they would know if they should
or not , or what aboat firebirds camaro ss, non of them use wings that big, i mean if nascar dont nead it why would a civic need it unless your just looking for the look

I have a huge wing on my car, it's not just for looks. My car bounced a lot before I added my wing. Now that I have a huge ricer wing, it doesn't bounce. By the way, The eclipse on Fast and the Furious, and the Supra both Have really huge wings that happen to be the same brand as mine, so any of you who called my car rice can F.O.

kangaroo
05-08-2006, 11:44 PM
can you post a pic of your car????
Just curious on how it looks.
(not trying to start anything)

King Bob
05-08-2006, 11:46 PM
wow the fact that you have the same brand that was in fast and furious makes it even more rice. Fast and Furious has ZERO cred around here, sorry bro.

Anyway I smoke a new v6 stang today, not much of a story but Ibull up next to this guy in the industrail part of town and we race and I win

NOFX
05-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Not a ricer, but I saw a Skyline (really a rebadged G35) the other day. We beat the shit out of him though. :lol: Guy tried to get up next to us and act cocky. We showed him though. Friend's STi > G35 anyday.

hundredwatt
05-09-2006, 05:09 PM
There's a pic in my profile I believe. I didn't buy the wing because it's the same as fast and the furious, I bought it because I got it from a friend for 30 dollars, and v6 mustangs suck.

Ricer = is a pretty stock asian car that has just been changed to look like it's fast. Stuff Like... unpainted bodykits that stay that way for months, wings on old crappy cars, fart cans, display of sponsorship decals for accessories that are not equipped on the car, someone with a potentially fast car that does not know how to drive it and thinks they do, or someone who is going for the rainbow look for a long period of time. Anyone who is lazy about racing and car appearance and performance, and driving skill. This does not include car's that are someone's project for spare time. If it is a project then find a 200 dollar car to daily drive.

Rice burner = A crappy stock asian car.

Rice Rocket = A fast asian car in which the main purpose of owning is racing.

NOFX
05-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Rice isn't a term usually used for completely stock vehicles. The reason they're usually called rice is because of the gaudy accessories.

Big aftermarket wings, even if they work, are generally considered rice. Maybe if you drive a GT car you can avoid the rice nametag, but otherwise it's unlikely.

hundredwatt
05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Rice isn't a term usually used for completely stock vehicles. The reason they're usually called rice is because of the gaudy accessories.

Big aftermarket wings, even if they work, are generally considered rice. Maybe if you drive a GT car you can avoid the rice nametag, but otherwise it's unlikely.

I didn't say completely stock did! Learn to read. You just restated exactly what I said. I said a stock asian car is a rice burner, not a ricer.

NOFX
05-10-2006, 05:12 PM
I didn't say completely stock did! Learn to read. You just restated exactly what I said. I said a stock asian car is a rice burner, not a ricer.
Learn to not be a dick. I posted what rice was earlier in the thread too. You know... way back on page one. http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showpost.php?p=1490048&postcount=17

Most people would agree that a big metal wing, vents on the side, chrome gas door or wheel trim, and bright yellow, green, pink or purple (for example) paint equate rice. Sure, body kits are usuall;y included, but that's just the top of the iceburg.

LowNotSlow
05-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Being the only RSX in town makes me the big target anytime I'm driving. If the asshole in the beat to fuck Teggy RS with a fart can pulls up next to me one more time I'm gonna get out of the car and beat the living shit out of him. I just want to go to the grocery store. I don't want to race you anymore. Everytime you try, I walk you like a retarded dog. STOP TRYING.

And the kid in the geo prizm with the garden edging front lip. Why the fuck do you think you have a chance? Stop giving me the finger because I won't race you, you're not worth it.

You in the bright green spray painted neon with the steelies and the autozone muffler. You need more engine. Come back when you have it.

Dude in the SRT4 modded to all fuck. Way to plow a rod through your block. Was it worth bouncing it off the rev limiter now? That's why you don't add more boost without adding more fuel. And that's why you don't lean it out blasting it against the limiter. PS> You won't win any races on a flatbed trailer.

91SiVTEC
05-10-2006, 10:28 PM
I eat rice for breakfast lunch and dinner.... and sometimes on the street too...No Joke.
(I'm azn)
hahahah...
LOL i like that one :!:

92EH9
05-10-2006, 10:49 PM
well, i found out how slow the 7th gen si is. i was coming home from work and this kid comes flying up next to me. looks at my flat black 4dr rotbox and gives me a shit eating grin. he drops and i drop into second . we took off pretty even and then i hit third and pulled on him by a half or more. this is with a mini me with shot valve seals, cooking oil like a mofo.

hundredwatt
05-11-2006, 12:56 AM
Being the only RSX in town makes me the big target anytime I'm driving. If the asshole in the beat to fuck Teggy RS with a fart can pulls up next to me one more time I'm gonna get out of the car and beat the living shit out of him. I just want to go to the grocery store. I don't want to race you anymore. Everytime you try, I walk you like a retarded dog. STOP TRYING.

And the kid in the geo prizm with the garden edging front lip. Why the fuck do you think you have a chance? Stop giving me the finger because I won't race you, you're not worth it.

You in the bright green spray painted neon with the steelies and the autozone muffler. You need more engine. Come back when you have it.

Dude in the SRT4 modded to all fuck. Way to plow a rod through your block. Was it worth bouncing it off the rev limiter now? That's why you don't add more boost without adding more fuel. And that's why you don't lean it out blasting it against the limiter. PS> You won't win any races on a flatbed trailer.

NOFX, you are right you did state that earlier. And I do be a dick sometimes. sorry bout that.

Low not slow, I am with you. Everyone revs their engines at my green paint and acts like they wanna race. Everyone with a primered hatchback mustang, an eclipse, a crx or a junked out teggy, every camaro, every pickup, everyone who thinks they are fast. I had a 1997 oldsmobile aurora, and it was a bad mother fucker, getting 300 + horses, but the civic is quicker off the line, and will probably stomp my autobahn aurora's ass on top speed. So I don't think a ragged out v6 camaro is gonna take my civic.

My favorite Cars ever are Grand Prix's, But I had to do something I didn't want to do the other day, I had to show a new supercharged grand prix who was boss on the four lane. I was running about 85 on the bypass and this guy in the supercharged grand prix pulled up beside me and started bumping his throttle. I looked at him, and he looked at me and he went for it. I geared to third, and quickly had to go to fourth, and by then it was all over for Mr. GP. After I wasted him once he came back for more, so I had to show him twice.

NOFX
05-11-2006, 01:52 AM
NOFX, you are right you did state that earlier. And I do be a dick sometimes. sorry bout that.
No problem man. Sorry if I came off a little abrasive too. ;) I'm sure we stressed our shared point enough though between the two of us. :lol:

Ian01ex
05-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Yayyyy! A club civic makeup! hehe j/p I had to be an ass about that.

Going-West
05-11-2006, 02:12 AM

Downforce and drag are NOT the same thing.

Pineapples
05-11-2006, 02:48 AM

Wow, I didn't think I would actually have to explain but okay... First of all, civic DOES NOT need one. It's slow as is, don't need add more weight. Everytime I see someone with those wings, I laugh. Second, those wings do work at high speed. Like I said before, it's almost like dragging something heavy. So why doesn't Nascar use it? First, they use the trunk lit or whatever it's called. It works the same EXCEPT it's lighter weight and they can adjust it during pit stops. While those wings are not adjustable. And when a nascar makes a turn at high speed, the wings will throw the rear of the nascar off balance and cause it to spin out of control. Trunk lits for nascars are meant to force the rear down and still able to turn smoothly. Those wings are meant to force the rear down, but it's all for drag race. Because it's not going to turn smoothly.

Going-West: They aren't the same thing. I never said they were. But at highspeed, it's just like dragging something heavy. I am not sure how else to describe it.

one6
05-11-2006, 08:28 AM
And when a nascar makes a turn at high speed, the wings will throw the rear of the nascar off balance and cause it to spin out of control...Those wings are meant to force the rear down, but it's all for drag race. Because it's not going to turn smoothly.
Really? Care to explain why F1 cars, GT cars, and JGTC cars use massive wings.

http://www.dariobonazza.com/f1_04/17schum.jpg
http://infynyteon.iespana.es/Bentley%20Speed%208%202003.%20Le%20Mans%20winner.j pg
http://www.mulsannescorner.com/Rey02S-BC1.jpg
http://www.pha.jhu.edu/~jdavies/sportscars/plm2k/057_corvettes_001.jpg
http://www.968.net/racing/images/20021012_plm_23_porsche_00.jpg
http://www.championracing.net/Audi_R8/archive/R82002/pics/R8PLM03_18.jpg
http://www2.neweb.ne.jp/wd/tms/2001/jgtc/racereport/img/05gt_r1.jpg
http://www.tamiyausa.com/images/product/210/24277/header_1.jpg
http://competition2.hp.infoseek.co.jp/msports/race2002/jgtc_r2/P5032575.jpg

Last time I checked, they didn't only make left-hand turns nor did they just drive down 1/4 mile tracks. I guess they must not know what they're doing, huh? No wait, they're just for looks right? :slap:

I'm not saying all cars or all Civic's should throw on a wing(I agree Civic+wing=RICE), all I'm saying is wings in general do serve a purpose and they're not just for drag racing! They don't throw off your balance in corners. And no, they're not as heavy as you think. There's more to auto racing than NASCAR (whoo pushrods yee hah!!!) Throw Dale Jr. on the Nurburgring and see if he can even keep up with the likes of Michael Schumacher (that's if Dale can even stay on the track). I'll be waiting for your explanation.

J32a2OwnsU
05-11-2006, 08:36 AM

Big aftermarket wings, even if they work, are generally considered rice. Maybe if you drive a GT car you can avoid the rice nametag, but otherwise it's unlikely.I agree with her......

although 'ricer' from teh domestic scene means ALL of us b/c we like jap. cars.

NOFX
05-11-2006, 12:17 PM
I agree with her......

although 'ricer' from teh domestic scene means ALL of us b/c we like jap. cars.
I was called a ricer once just because I had a CC sticker and tint on my car. :what: This was coming from a guy who had a beat up Fox body, primered grey, slicks on the rear, running on R13 in Dover, DE in heavy traffic. "Thanks alot tubby, I can only aspire to be more like your fat redneck ass..." What a dumbass.

King Bob
05-11-2006, 12:22 PM
I have been called a ricer when my car was not even around, some one saw the H on my key

one6
05-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Test and tune Track days are notorious name calling days down here. It's like all the rednecks decide to take their pushrods to the track, not race them just sit on the sidelines, and talk mad shit to anybody driving anything that doesn't have a FORD, CHEVROLET,or DODGE emblem on their car. They also like to throw gravel pebbles at your windows as you slowly drive past them.

J32a2OwnsU
05-11-2006, 12:47 PM
I was called a ricer once just because I had a CC sticker and tint on my car. :what: This was coming from a guy who had a beat up Fox body, primered grey, slicks on the rear, running on R13 in Dover, DE in heavy traffic. "Thanks alot tubby, I can only aspire to be more like your fat redneck ass..." What a dumbass.there are extreme idiots on BOTH sides of the domestic/import scenes....

oh well......what can we do ya know? 8)

NOFX
05-11-2006, 01:05 PM
there are extreme idiots on BOTH sides of the domestic/import scenes....

oh well......what can we do ya know? 8)
Oh trust me.... I know. This is the car that tried his best to get my attention and get me to race him on the way home from getting "discharged" from my job yesterday (yeah, I didn nothing wrong, they admit that, but I was let go even though I was a good detailer. the fact that another guy, a friend of one of the other guy detailers was filling anapplication out when I came in, makes me think it has something to do with me being a girl perhaps. some people have mentioned just for be being a girl I could be considered a distraction.)

/thread jack :lol:

Oh, and Jason just adds that border around all my pics now... that is not my car! :shock: :lol:

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/3347/ricer1vh.jpg

^^^ It's for sale if anyone is interested!

j_fukin_t
05-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Oh, and Jason just adds that border around all my pics now... that is not my car! :shock: :lol:

you don't have to lie amy :lol: j/k

NOFX
05-11-2006, 01:16 PM
you don't have to lie amy :lol: j/k
Don't hate on my double wing and chrome wheels! :x

I mean, no, it's really not mine! :shock:

Pineapples
05-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Really? Care to explain why F1 cars, GT cars, and JGTC cars use massive wings.

Last time I checked, they didn't only make left-hand turns nor did they just drive down 1/4 mile tracks. I guess they must not know what they're doing, huh? No wait, they're just for looks right? :slap:

I'm not saying all cars or all Civic's should throw on a wing(I agree Civic+wing=RICE), all I'm saying is wings in general do serve a purpose and they're not just for drag racing! They don't throw off your balance in corners. And no, they're not as heavy as you think. There's more to auto racing than NASCAR (whoo pushrods yee hah!!!) Throw Dale Jr. on the Nurburgring and see if he can even keep up with the likes of Michael Schumacher (that's if Dale can even stay on the track). I'll be waiting for your explanation.

What's with the attitude? Nascar isn't the same as F1 cars, GT cars, Go carts, and blah blah blah. He wanted to know why Nascars don't have those wings if they really do work, so I explained to him. Read my posts again and you'll find me saying those wings do work. I don't know why i am arguing for both side.

Nascars make left turns at a high speed, therefore wings like that are going to throw off your balance. Different race cars designed differently. I don't know much about the cars you mentioned, but those wings do serve a purpose for those race cars, not for nascars. But I recommend you to go talk to nascar drivers and F1 drivers to see the difference since you want to be a dick about it.

hundredwatt
05-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Oh trust me.... I know. This is the car that tried his best to get my attention and get me to race him on the way home from getting "discharged" from my job yesterday (yeah, I didn nothing wrong, they admit that, but I was let go even though I was a good detailer. the fact that another guy, a friend of one of the other guy detailers was filling anapplication out when I came in, makes me think it has something to do with me being a girl perhaps. some people have mentioned just for be being a girl I could be considered a distraction.)

/thread jack :lol:

Nice Car. Reminds me of mine..I love it. Makes me want a type r lip kit.

j_fukin_t
05-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Don't hate on my double wing and chrome wheels! :x

I mean, no, it's really not mine! :shock:
:lol: well at least you keep em clean ;) but look that car was going so fast it caught on BLUE FIRE!!!

one6
05-11-2006, 06:51 PM
What's with the attitude? Nascar isn't the same as F1 cars, GT cars, Go carts, and blah blah blah. He wanted to know why Nascars don't have those wings if they really do work, so I explained to him.
It appeared as though you joined everyone else in ridiculing wings. The reason for the attitude was because you felt you had to and I quote,
Wow, I didn't think I would actually have to explain but okay
then here was your argunment.
Everytime I see someone with those wings, I laugh...And when a nascar makes a turn at high speed, the wings will throw the rear of the nascar off balance and cause it to spin out of control...Those wings are meant to force the rear down, but it's all for drag race. Because it's not going to turn smoothly.

It sounded like you were attacking wings without a solid understanding of what they do. Plus the "it's all for drag race" was confirmation that you had no clue what you were talking about. Your reasoning behind that statement was that "it's not going to turn smoothly". All this to back-up why "you laugh everytime you see someone with a wing". Yet when I called you out on your reasoning (that cars with wings can't turn), you claim your statement only pertained towards NASCAR and not anything else.

I don't know much about the cars you mentioned
Gee, what a surprise.
since you want to be a dick about it
If I came off that way I'm sorry. I'm tired of seeing people who think they know what they're talking about, pass on their lack on knowledge or the wrong information to those who don't know but want to learn. As I said before, from the sound of things, it seemed as though you were attacking wings on the whole along with everybody else. To be honest it's kind of hard to tell what side you're on seeing as how your so wishy-washy.

NOFX
05-11-2006, 07:02 PM
:lol: well at least you keep em clean ;) but look that car was going so fast it caught on BLUE FIRE!!!
:rolf: When I came home and told Jason that a green Civic tried to race me he knew right away what car it was. Just lucky I had pics too. :lol: Oh god... I got onto I5 and I'm driving normally. Maybe 65-70mph (limit is 60mph). He's driving around 50mph.... until he sees me pass him two lanes to the right where I had merged onto the road.

He picks up speed at a normal enough pace and I get over a lane to the left so that the next on ramp will have a place for traffic to merge to. Once he comes up next to me he slowly lines up with me. I could feel him watching me but I was pissed about work laying me off so I ignored him. All of a sudden I heard his D-series downshift. Oh god... it was so funny. So stupid.

Pineapples
05-11-2006, 08:32 PM
It appeared as though you joined everyone else in ridiculing wings. The reason for the attitude was because you felt you had to and I quote,

then here was your argunment.

It sounded like you were attacking wings without a solid understanding of what they do. Plus the "it's all for drag race" was confirmation that you had no clue what you were talking about. Your reasoning behind that statement was that "it's not going to turn smoothly". All this to back-up why "you laugh everytime you see someone with a wing". Yet when I called you out on your reasoning (that cars with wings can't turn), you claim your statement only pertained towards NASCAR and not anything else.

Gee, what a surprise.

If I came off that way I'm sorry. I'm tired of seeing people who think they know what they're talking about, pass on their lack on knowledge or the wrong information to those who don't know but want to learn. As I said before, from the sound of things, it seemed as though you were attacking wings on the whole along with everybody else. To be honest it's kind of hard to tell what side you're on seeing as how your so wishy-washy.

I was debating with myself to see if I should even respond to your post anymore. Because seriously, I hate people who challenge what I said with an attitude. I don't mind the debate, but when you talk the way you do. I'm not interested in arguing because it's a waste of my time, really.

This is going to be the last response to you if you keep being a jerk about the whole wing thing. I see your point when you point out me saying "Wow, I didn't think I would actually have to explain but okay" I actually wasn't trying to be an asshole, but apparently now that I read it again, it sounded like that. I apologize to Mr. worldpower.

Okay, I don't think I actually point out how I feel about those spoilers. So I'll explain.. (and yes, I do know what spoilers do)

I am not sure where to start since you attacked me in so many ways..

1. I see people with those wings, I laugh. When I say that, I meant those wings are stupid on everyday cars. They don't work unless they are at high speed. They WILL throw your car off balance on cars like yours and mine except for AWD and RWD. As for Nascar, talk to Nascar drivers. I've already explained why they don't use those spoilers.

2. I don't hate those wings. I believe they work on race cars, but not on ours. Street condition will never be the same as track. Street cars are not the same as race cars. I think you know what I am talking about. A race car is more than just a powerful engine. Spoilers like that will help those race cars for sure, I am against that at all. But put it on a Nascar or a civic or whatever, it's a totally different story.

3. I claim those wings won't give Nascar a smooth turning and I still believe it's true. I don't really know how to explain it but to say Nascars are stock cars and it's higher than F1 and etc. All those race cars you brought up were wider and/or lower than Nascars which helps alot when making a turn. Wings aren't much of a factor for them.

4. Yes, I do not know much about those race cars since I never really watch them. If you really want to flame me, go nuts.

5. To sum up.. I am against those wings on our everyday cars, not against them on race cars whatsoever. I am not attacking wings because they don't work, I am attacking wings because they are on everyday cars.

one6
05-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Thank you for clarifying that up. I have no intent to attack you personally. I just don't like to see people who want to learn recieve the wrong information. ;)

Sion0x
05-12-2006, 02:13 AM
I have story!

Ok so I was driving my friend home, it was about 1:30 in the morning. there's a redlight in front of the freeway entrance, and a mustang (2000ish?) pulls up next us, saleen sticker on the windshield and everything. So my friend says, dude, this guy just has a stock mustang and put the sticker on his windshield. so he revs his engine, i rev mine, light goes green, and off we go. so being young and stupid, i assumed my brand new 06 civic lx with a custom catback was the fastest thing on earth (wtf was i thinking). Either way, I half assed the start, but pulled in front of him by about 2 car lengths anyway. I figured, wow, this thing is fast! And to answer my thoughts, the stand/saleen just fucking LAUNCHES in front of me and i was like OH SHIT and shifted into third and tried to catch up. well before my friend and i knew it, we were at a good even 126 miles per hour (with not even 1000 miles on my car yet.....jeez) So basically the fastest i eveer went in a car before this point was 80.....damn what a rush 126 is. So its about neck and neck, and my car refuses to go any faster, or at leaste accelerate faster. anyway, he pulls all the way over to the right (behind me) and goes off the exit ramp, where a cop (on the street he pulled off on) flips his sirens on and just JETS after him. basically first experience with a street race. everyone at my school has been bugging me now, mostly the asian with the integ and this redneck kid with a golf gti.

end.

Eran
05-12-2006, 02:21 AM

:shock:

:rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf:
Bgwuahgahghauehguahhaghahghehahwhahahghhahwhaghahg hwhahgahgha.

AAAAAAAAAHHAHAHABAHAHAHWHHAHWHAHWHAHWAHHAGHGHGHGHH G!

Heh.

Ian01ex
05-12-2006, 02:58 AM
Wow pineapples, its not like he said somthing about your mom. You can ignore people instead of writing a novel.

aznwannabe
05-12-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't really have a ricer story, but I have a funny one.

I was sitting at this stop light (minding my own business.. sorry, had to be original) and this brand new, 06 mustang GT pull up next to me. He didn't have anything on his car I dont think, but he did have this hideous ass paintjob. It was one of those.. purple/green/metallicy colors. it had to have been custom. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. Anyways, neither of us rev, but both of us are thinking the same thing.. so when the light turned yellow, I hit about 4.5k and launched it. he smashed my ass off the line for about 100 yards, then I slowly caught up.. but the thing is.. we were coming up to this kinda long/hard turn. as soon as we hit this thing, I let off teh accelerator because i was going about 95.. and this is the sweetest part.. his ass starts drifting this turn.. i thought it was sweet because i had never seen anyone drift in person before. I ended up passing him, because he slowed down quite a bit.

so we stop again at this red light. we're in the left turn lane, and he's behind me. I turn left and start going normal, and he wants to race again, so we start going and all of a sudden he slams on the brakes and turns right, into this park. I'm thinking.. wtf? so as I start slowing down.. I look ahead and there's like 10 FUCKING COPS all pulled over on teh right side of the road.. and all the cops are in the road just motioning people over. turns out.. they had like a 'pull over rave' and they had a plane going up and down the road that we had just raced on (the road where he drifted) so basically, I got cited at 87 in a 45, reckless op, and street racing.

the stang mustve had a radar or something.. I didn't have mine in my car a the time. I went to court the other day and the judge dropped the street racing offense. so I got a 295 dollar ticket.

sorry that story was so long.. lol.

edit\\
btw, I was in my accord coupe v6 mt.

and for those of your familiar with columbus and the surrounding area... I was by polaris mall. stopped at the light beside KFC/donatoes.. and we were headed towards 23. I'm sure anyone familiar with that area... knows how ridiculous that turn would be at 87mph.. lol.

j_fukin_t
05-12-2006, 10:52 AM
so basically, I got cited at 87 in a 45, reckless op, and street racing.

the stang mustve had a radar or something.. I didn't have mine in my car a the time. I went to court the other day and the judge dropped the street racing offense. so I got a 295 dollar ticket.

edit\\

and for those of your familiar with columbus and the surrounding area... I was by polaris mall. stopped at the light beside KFC/donatoes.. and we were headed towards 23. I'm sure anyone familiar with that area... knows how ridiculous that turn would be at 87mph.. lol.
dAmn owned by the poolice :lol:

J32a2OwnsU
05-12-2006, 11:40 AM
I don't really have a ricer story, but I have a funny one.

I was sitting at this stop light (minding my own business.. sorry, had to be original) and this brand new, 06 mustang GT pull up next to me. He didn't have anything on his car I dont think, but he did have this hideous ass paintjob. It was one of those.. purple/green/metallicy colors. it had to have been custom. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. Anyways, neither of us rev, but both of us are thinking the same thing.. so when the light turned yellow, I hit about 4.5k and launched it. he smashed my ass off the line for about 100 yards, then I slowly caught up.. but the thing is.. we were coming up to this kinda long/hard turn. as soon as we hit this thing, I let off teh accelerator because i was going about 95.. and this is the sweetest part.. his ass starts drifting this turn.. i thought it was sweet because i had never seen anyone drift in person before. I ended up passing him, because he slowed down quite a bit.

so we stop again at this red light. we're in the left turn lane, and he's behind me. I turn left and start going normal, and he wants to race again, so we start going and all of a sudden he slams on the brakes and turns right, into this park. I'm thinking.. wtf? so as I start slowing down.. I look ahead and there's like 10 FUCKING COPS all pulled over on teh right side of the road.. and all the cops are in the road just motioning people over. turns out.. they had like a 'pull over rave' and they had a plane going up and down the road that we had just raced on (the road where he drifted) so basically, I got cited at 87 in a 45, reckless op, and street racing.

edit\\

and for those of your familiar with columbus and the surrounding area... I was by polaris mall. stopped at the light beside KFC/donatoes.. and we were headed towards 23. I'm sure anyone familiar with that area... knows how ridiculous that turn would be at 87mph.. lol.My Si handles it at 90.......:what:

;)

Pineapples
05-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Wow pineapples, its not like he said somthing about your mom. You can ignore people instead of writing a novel.

Actually I do feel like I needed to explain myself. If you say something about my mom, I would ignore it because I really don't care. You don't have to read it next time when you see a long post.

Good shit, aznwannabe. Sucks that you got caught though.

aznwannabe
05-12-2006, 03:30 PM
My Si handles it at 90.......:what:

;)

Lol, is that a challenge? The ohio meet's coming up. :what: ;)

j_fukin_t
05-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Lol, is that a challenge? The ohio meet's coming up. :what: ;)
i'm down ;)

aznwannabe
05-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I'll give you a few lengths. :p

j_fukin_t
05-12-2006, 05:47 PM
I'll give you a few lengths. :p
naw this ain't pinks, i'd race heads up and take my loss like a man ;)

MR99si
05-12-2006, 09:34 PM
:shock:

:rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf:
Bgwuahgahghauehguahhaghahghehahwhahahghhahwhaghahg hwhahgahgha.

AAAAAAAAAHHAHAHABAHAHAHWHHAHWHAHWHAHWAHHAGHGHGHGHH G!

Heh. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

J32a2OwnsU
05-12-2006, 09:39 PM
the key is, when can you go through there at those speeds without traffic....?