PDA

View Full Version : first time autoxer

ryanM
04-23-2006, 02:20 AM
so im goin autoxing for the first time tomorrow. anything i should know before i go? ive never done it, never even watched it or anything so i dont know what to expect or how to really do it. i just know i gotta get around the track/cones as fast as i can :lol: any tips? suggestions? thanks, any help is appreciated

joe7987
04-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Don't lose traction and slide as you go around corners. It may feel like you're going faster around the track, but your times will tell you differently.

Not sure how many runs you get, but if you get multiple runs - take it easy the first time around, feel out the track.

Aside from that, good luck and have fun!

BlackHopeDC5
04-23-2006, 02:35 AM
if i were you i would raise or lower your car to the point right before you are tucking tires. If you have an adjustable suspension i would put them on the highest setting. Remove anything and everthing that rolls around and or makes noise in a sharp curve..

question you joe. Do they let you at least test the track out.. Like maybe run a few times so you dont get confused and fuck up?

TippinOver
04-23-2006, 03:10 AM
def take at least one practice lap.

good luck man, and remember, just have fun. They're only cones. Not trees.

ryanM
04-23-2006, 09:46 PM
yea so i have to say that that was the most fun ive ever had in my entire life :D we got to do 9 runs total. my times got progressively better as the day went on.

morning heat1
run1: 108sec
run2: 95sec
run3: 89sec
run4: 84sec

afternoon heat1
run1: 78sec
run2: 76sec
run3: 73sec
run4: 72sec
run5: 70.509sec <--best time of the day and got me 5th in my class :D

there was sooooo many awesome cars there, including an s2k that ran a 49. and a lot of 240's that were drifting around (eventually got them kicked out). pics will be up soon

all go no show
04-23-2006, 09:50 PM
its awesome to see how you progressed throughout the day.

BlackHopeDC5
04-23-2006, 09:50 PM
i forgot to ask you to get a video..

how did it work? did they let you practice first? Judging from your times they didnt lol

ryanM
04-23-2006, 09:54 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/LongGrain/autox1.jpg
a little ED hatch that was there, he was in a higher class than me, ran consistent 65s\
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/LongGrain/autox2.jpg
me starting out on my first run :D
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/LongGrain/autox3.jpg
zack in his golf (might i add i beat him by 1 second :lol: )
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/LongGrain/autox4.jpg
around some cones i go!
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/LongGrain/autox6.jpg
theres that loser again :P

we had our friends taking pics, and they didnt really take very many, which im really dissapointed about. but i got up on 3 wheels a few times, and i definately learned how to drift my fwd civic :lol:

ryanM
04-23-2006, 09:56 PM
they walked us thru the course before we started, and then i took the first run to get the feel of things. the next three i started gettin into it but i didnt know how hard i could take it. when we started back up in the afternoon i really wanted to open her up and see what my stock civ could do and i was really impressed. altho i really wanted a 69 on the last run since that was my number :lol:

BlackHopeDC5
04-23-2006, 10:21 PM
that looks really cool.. Any embarrasing moments?

thats my biggest fear.. im gonna be doing auto X at Honda Day this year. In front of a lot of fucking people :lol:

ryanM
04-23-2006, 10:27 PM
that looks really cool.. Any embarrasing moments?

thats my biggest fear.. im gonna be doing auto X at Honda Day this year. In front of a lot of fucking people :lol:

I was sooo nervous at the beginning, my clutch leg was shaking i was freakin out so bad, but no real embarrassing moments, i almost had some bad ones, almost spun out a few times, and almost missed some turns and just busted thru. but i guess my most embarrassing moment was the 108, that was prolly the slowest time there by quite a bit. even zack went all out with an 89 his first run (it was his first time too). towards the end when i really let her eat i started having some traction problems even on practically brand new potenzas. having to downshift into 2nd and 1st a lot and i would just roast em.

BlackHopeDC5
04-23-2006, 11:04 PM
how much did it cost you guys?? Is it on going?

ryanM
04-23-2006, 11:08 PM
how much did it cost you guys?? Is it on going?

it was $30 and they have autox'es like every 2 weeks or sumthing, at different big parking lots n stuff around here. you can also pay 45 at one of the events and you become a member and then its $20 each time, or you an pre register for $15 and then pay $5 at the registration booth. I think i may pay the 45 next time if i decide im gonna keep on doing this, which i really want to now :)

RKSskier
04-24-2006, 03:48 AM
man that sounds awesome, can't wait to try it out myself

Jeegz
04-26-2006, 12:28 AM
dude ryan looks badass. next time you guys are going out call me up. maybe i can get some of the guys to come out! it could be like a mini meet/auto cross day!

Oh what was the tech inspection like? is it hard to pass or are they pretty easy going?