PDA

View Full Version : Third Gear Vtec Pull Whattt?!??!?!?!

Hatch_Of_Doom
07-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Haha... ok. So. Get ready to read. It's story time.

Me and my buddy Brandon (Carlton585, the turbo coupe. Fun tastic) are out cruising, and some silver 2g Eclipse GSX (AWD turbo, pretty peppy stock) starts fucking with us. I hate to be a know-it-all, but this guy was acting like a complete hardass, like he thought we were slow or something. I'm assuming, being the owner of an AWD turbo car, he has the right to be a little cocky if it can beat an average street car car, but he was fucking with us, laughing like it was a joke and he thought he was going to smoke us.

Big exhaust, different BOV, I could hear it spool, so I'm figuring maybe some DSM mini-me turbo swap, like a 16g or something?

Well anywho, he BOV's me like 4 times because I am obviously not good enough for him, and proceeds to catch up to Brandon. We're entering a territory on interstate that sucks and snakes like 5 times before it straightens out and gets to another interstate.

They race through it. Dumb idea IMO because I like straight lines rather than hard curves, but whatever. I coast along, coming out of the snake, I see Brandon like a car ahead, merging in front of them. I decide I might as well have a little fun, so I catch up to them.

Decent enough traffic to keep us from playing, but I creepy forward ahead of the pack and make my presence known. The eclipse has 2 guys in it, windows down staring me down hardcore. I drop into 4th to navigate through some of the traffic, let the exhaust growl. (since no one has ever heard my car, its pretty fucking deep and I love it.)

Merge onto another straight away after an on-ramp, the Eclipse on my tail, and its a LONG LONG straight away with no one there. Looking good. I drop into 4th to prep myself, preparing for the VTEC onslaught that's about to happen.

Eclipse rolls up next to me, BOV's like 2-3 times, I drop into 3rd and sit there at 55 waiting for him. I hear a downshift, lay the fuck into it. I barely, like half-second jumped the gun on his downshift, and pulled an instant car. Third gear lays down the pain and puts like 3 cars on him, get into 4th and he is staying even with me but CANNOT PULL ME ONE BIT. Fear the 1.6 liters of fury.

I slow, drop to like 55-60 again, and put it in 4th because he's coming up for round two. The guys are still mugging me, but now aren't cocky looking. I hear them downshift, feel like giving them a little bit of the advantage this time, so they get the jump on me, and then I downshift into 3rd and let it do its thing.

HELLA THIRD GEAR VTEC PULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

They caught me on the jump, I pulled even very easily and pulled 2 more cars in third alone, shift into 4th and it creeps a little more ahead of them, then into 5th prematurely to coast and let me distance be sunk in. I look in the rearview and notice and odd site.

We're doing like 115 mph, they are blowing white smoke like its a James Bond smokescreen. Brandon is directly behind them feeling the wrath of the DSM break down, but passing them, hahahhaa.

We merge off, turn, they probably blew a headgasket or something (its a DSM, this is a daily occurence) and go elsewhere.

VTEC PWNZ.

qwikxr
07-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Nice writeup..
Not a fan of the streetracing (lost a friend that way) but sounds like you at least have the presence of mind to not do it around traffic.. ;)

So since I have no idea, is your B16 a stocker, for the most part? I mean, 160hp vs. the heavier, more powerful awdDSM (yes, have had 'em too ;) ) usually isn't a close race - with the MMC having the upper hand...
Regardless, nice kill !

Hatch_Of_Doom
07-09-2006, 09:54 AM
JDM b16a, Intake and catback exhaust.

We still arent sure on the cams (the motor swap came with the head/valvecover having been removed multiple times) and they are not as aggressive as stage 1's. Assuming they are XSi or CTR cams.

qwikxr
07-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Gotcha...

Well I can attest to the JDM B16, that my friend had one in a '91 hatch DX, all stock, with an airbox, and ran a 14.7, through stock exhaust, even! quite impressive!

AutoFanatik
07-10-2006, 12:22 PM
nice man, nice

j_fukin_t
07-10-2006, 12:33 PM
i love that when ppl sit there and talk shit and then ya walk em w/ a 1.6 lol good kill ;)

MR99si
07-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Nice, the 2nd gens are nothing special!

AutoFanatik
07-10-2006, 01:12 PM
lol ever notice tho that there arent many D16Y8's boasting kills? thats the part that makes me wanna sell

j_fukin_t
07-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Nice, the 2nd gens are nothing special!
there is one around me that is pushing mid 11's (ALOT OF WORK) same guy that i used to hang out w/ when i had my omni glh-s ;)

bizoneoeh
07-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Man, why the fuck don't you ever take vid of this shit :x Take your camera next time, I wanna see

nice run tho :thumbs up

ptgraphix
07-10-2006, 01:45 PM
I just love these kinds of stories :D

MR99si
07-10-2006, 02:03 PM
there is one around me that is pushing mid 11's (ALOT OF WORK) same guy that i used to hang out w/ when i had my omni glh-s ;)

You can make anything fast, I'm referring to a more or less stock one! ;)

BlackHopeDC5
07-10-2006, 03:08 PM
you should advertise for b16a motors.. Even though i know there are better motors out their you really make me wish i had a b16a with lsd =)

nice kill

racing_kid
07-11-2006, 04:26 AM
man i like your story telling skills....

If you ever wrote a book i would buy it!!!!...

good kill..

DarkFox
07-11-2006, 01:21 PM
good kill. you probably made that guy think his car is shit now.

Hatch_Of_Doom
07-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Found out locally that its got a big 16g, injetors, some bigger sidemount, full piping with aftermarket BOV, intake, full turbo back exhaust.

TippinOver
07-11-2006, 11:50 PM
pimp kill

and noone ever hears of a y8 kill story because most people dont consider a shopping cart a worthy advisary

that VERBAL
07-12-2006, 03:27 AM
pimp kill

and noone ever hears of a y8 kill story because most people dont consider a shopping cart a worthy advisary

or aren't smart enough to just boost it.

tienr
07-18-2006, 10:12 AM
nice, i love smoking people that make fun of you....like this dude in a 5th gen hatch with jdm ctr swap was making fun of my type r stickers. "why do you have type r stickers, thats not a type r"....we both downshift to second, and i beat him by about 3 cars at the end of 3rd gear....i told him he lost to a non vtec sohc...lol

RedLine42
07-28-2006, 04:07 AM
I love 3rd Gear V-TEC!!! Today Raced from a roll, my freind has a 92 Accord LX, CAI, Exhaust. He always said he would kill my civic anytime. Today on a 2 lane highway we raced i was in 4th downshifted to 3rd and i heard him go down to 3rd then droped it again to second his motor was screaming and i was at maybe 4k easly pulling then V-TEC popped and Peace yo. . I had a freind in the car, Extra 200+ pounds, He now says he will get me off a launch cause he has more Torque... Haha Peace :thumbs up

Kaotic_Zeus
07-28-2006, 04:17 AM
maybe off a 7 ft line.... =/ the F22 has a decent off the line pull..

RedLine42
07-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Yeah i drove it b4, stock it has 130lbs Torque. Decent pull

TiiM iiS l3eAsT
07-29-2006, 02:59 AM
sounds awesome wish i coulda been there:thumbup:

got traction
08-04-2006, 05:48 AM
I drop into 4th to prep myself, preparing for the VTEC onslaught that's about to happen.

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: