PDA

View Full Version : 98 ex vs. 98 ex

watisjdm
08-10-2006, 08:42 PM
ok ive been tryin 2 figure this out for a while right....well anyways i have an 98 ex with current mods : short shifter, muffler, aem sri, and lowering springs and my friend has 98 ex with current mods: short shifter, full exhaust, 4-2-1 headers, sri, coilovers and we have raced about 3 or 4 times now.......his car has just hit 100k miles and mine has 121k miles on it and we have raced a few times and each time i have pulled away from him by anywhere from .5-2 car lengths...ive been tryin 2 figure it out cause my car is much faster than an normal stock 98 ex cause i have raced a 00+ prelude on hwy and i had a bumper on him from 85-130 and then i raced a si an we were dead even till 85 and then we both quit....idk if anyone can tell me why this is i would appericate it :)

rollinj86
08-10-2006, 08:45 PM
No one in your city knows how to drive. Thats the only thing i can think off.

08-10-2006, 08:47 PM
thats the only thing that makes sense to me also, especially because the prelude you raced should be faster than the si you raced, but you had opposite outcomes

watisjdm
08-10-2006, 11:52 PM
idk ill see......my car rite now is only running 16.4

cgpEJ6
08-11-2006, 12:00 AM
idk ill see......my car rite now is only running 16.4
well thats slower than a stock si or prelude so either they werent racing you or they each had cinder blocks in the trunk

TippinOver
08-11-2006, 12:28 AM
ummmm....bad engine days?

if this is an un-orchestrated event, who the hell really knows....

take yours, your buddies EX, a prelude, and si to a drag strip, where there is prep, and most important, a TREE, and you'll get far different results.

i race my buddy all the time, and its always crap. he insists on a 20 roll, and we nail it on the 3rd horn honk. i always get confused on what exactly 3rd is....right after 2nd honk? wait till 3rd is audible? wait till 3rd actually stops? having a split second jump on someone would make a difference....

kangaroo
08-11-2006, 12:41 AM
ummmm....bad engine days?

if this is an un-orchestrated event, who the hell really knows....

take yours, your buddies EX, a prelude, and si to a drag strip, where there is prep, and most important, a TREE, and you'll get far different results.

i race my buddy all the time, and its always crap. he insists on a 20 roll, and we nail it on the 3rd horn honk. i always get confused on what exactly 3rd is....right after 2nd honk? wait till 3rd is audible? wait till 3rd actually stops? having a split second jump on someone would make a difference....

It's usally right when you here the 3rd honk.;)

RedLine42
08-11-2006, 12:46 AM
They cant drive