how to reset check engine light

honda_power

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does anybody know how to reset the check engine light? i searched but could not find anything it's a 97civic ex

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
disconnect your battery :what:

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
disconnect the negative battery terminal and count to 15 seconds and reconnect.

honda_power

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was doing that and it worked but thanks for the replies.:D

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
because why would you aks a question to wich you already know the answer?

91SIHatch

SOHC IT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it will come back on once the computer sees the error again....maybe fix the check engine light prob..

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not really but that has always been something that gets on my nerves for some reason, i guess it has to do with working a lot of customer service type stuff, people always ask questions just to get you to give them answers they dont like so they can go off on you

cruizer

5+ Year Member
theres a 7.5 AMP back up fuse...just pull it out for 15 seconds and pop it back in....disconnecting the battery resets the radio

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
first fix whatever is wrong with your car, then go to autozone and borrow their check engine light reader for free, hook it up then click the clear all codes button

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first fix whatever is wrong with your car, then go to autozone and borrow their check engine light reader for free, hook it up then click the clear all codes button
sometimes the people working at autozone are dicks and wont let you erase the code(s). so that dosent always work. it really depends on the store/whos working at the time

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sometimes the people working at autozone are dicks and wont let you erase the code(s). so that dosent always work. it really depends on the store/whos working at the time
That's when it's time to be a d**k ;)

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha word. one time when i went the guy wouldnt even let me touch the damn scanner. he said it was like a liability issue or sumthin idk. then i went the next day and there was a kid workin. he let me erase the code he really didnt give a s**t