help! code P1337.....

lownslow

5+ Year Member
I have had a check engine light for some time now and i finally got around to checking the codes which came up with a P1337 on a scanner tool. I was wondering what this code is and what could be wrong and any suggestion on how to fix it. thanks. eric.

edit: 97 civic dx 5spd

PICKLED

El mero mero Aguacatero
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have had a check engine light for some time now and i finally got around to checking the codes which came up with a P1337 on a scanner tool. I was wondering what this code is and what could be wrong and any suggestion on how to fix it. thanks. eric.

edit: 97 civic dx 5spd
P1337 = bad flux capacitor

lownslow

5+ Year Member
no seriously i looked the code up on one of the lists in the how to section and it says
"P1337 Engine Speed (RPM) Fluctuation Sensor No Signal" lol after thinking about this i wasnt sure if u are serious or just using a back to the future refference but regardless n e guess on how to fix it and what is wrong lol.

PICKLED

El mero mero Aguacatero
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no seriously i looked the code up on one of the lists in the how to section and it says
"P1337 Engine Speed (RPM) Fluctuation Sensor No Signal" lol after thinking about this i wasnt sure if u are serious or just using a back to the future refference but regardless n e guess on how to fix it and what is wrong lol.
Your speed sensor is prob shot. It sits on top of the tranny.

lsvtecEK4

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Your speed sensor is prob shot. It sits on top of the tranny.
^^^^^wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong^^^^^

engine speed fluctuation sensor is driven off the crank, a seperate exciter ring with a magnetic sensor that recieves a signal when each tool passes. your ECU is no longer seeing this signal. most likely bad wiring or a bad sensor. you do have to remove the crank pulley and atleast lower timing belt cover. if you have no experience working cars... then here...

The scan tool indicates Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P1337: No signal in the Crankshaft Speed Fluctuation (CKF) sensor circuit.

Description
The diagnostic system has a pulser rotor on the crankshaft and a pulse pick-up sensor on the engine block. The ECM/PCM monitors the crankshaft speed fluctuation based on the CKF sensor signal, and judges that an engine misfire occurred if the fluctuation goes beyond a predetermined limit.

lownslow

5+ Year Member
lol i couldnt find this thread in so long. i never tried to fix it because i have been super busy with work and the short days have been owning me. but lol the pictures are gone that i was gunna run off of from lsvtecek4 so i cant do this is there any way that you can get them up again so i can try this out and see if thats the problem...i was told it could be my dizzy but i think your solution seems more valid. so if there is any way you could get it back up it would be greatly appreciated. thanks bro. also is it bad if i have driven this long with the cel on? :shock:

lownslow

5+ Year Member
also it wouldnt be because i tapped into the wire on the dizzy to grab a signal for my tach would it? it almost seems it was not too long after i did that and rinsed down my engine bay a bit. lol. i really want to get this fixed quick its been bothering me. thanks.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
finally someone w the same prob. i have CEL # 1336 & 1337 same thing. i read about it and it doesnt look like the sensor is an easy fix. its all the way down there and i was wondering. does your car feel sluggish? i have a d16y8 w ps and ac and i was wondering if it makes my car go into "limp mode"

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lownslow

5+ Year Member
BUMP! i tried erasing it with my scanner and it does but i will turn the car on and within a few secs the cel goes back on and bumps a 1337 before i cleared em i found it had stored p1337 and p1336

lownslow

5+ Year Member
kk im gunna bump this again...please help. So i think that we have determined that it is the crank position sensor so i am going to replace it. i went to advance auto parts and they looked it up and idk the ckp was different between the 2door (40ish dollars) and the 4door which is what i have (140ish). so anyways they looked it up and it showed that they are unable to get the ckp for my car 97 4dr dx. so now i have a few questions.

1. what crank position sensor do i need for my car, where to get, and does anyone have a part number
2. i am going to do a minime swap to a y8 head...will that use a different ckp than my current y7 setup?

civiccademas

i think i am having the same problem and i dont know what going on. everytime i hit in high vtec and stop the car seems to fluctuate. the rpm would not go up and i would have to force it by pressing on the gas alot harder. but it would reset evertime i turn off the car..PLEASE HELP..
96 hatch gsr swap