Disable Seatbelt Beep?

fouridgirl

5+ Year Member
Does anyone know how to disable the extremely annoying beeping in the Civic LX (06-08) that occurs when you don't click your seatbelt on in a certain amount of time?

I'm thinking it's a fuse, but I'm not sure. Help!

Thanks =)

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there should be a plug under the seat, all you need to do is unclip/plug it. Well I know most cars are like that so I may be off.

GL and safety 1st!

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if there's more then 1 plug you may have side airbags and you could potentially deactivate them so make sure you know which plug to yank if there's multiple plugs.

just a thought

Edit: i've only done this on a 4th gen civic, newer one's I'm not positive on so you definitely want another opinion.

fouridgirl

5+ Year Member
Ok - I'll keep looking online. I just called my Honda Service center and of course they were rude and told me there was nothing they could do. Sighs.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there is no way to disable it, its wired into the whole car, the beeper is in the board thats in the dash, and its the same speaker that does everything. and its soldered onto the circuit board. theres a thread on 8thcvic about it, and the guy posted pics of him taking his car apart trying to figure it out.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah just wear your seatbelt, I didn't notice it was an 8th gen till after my 1st post. Way more effort then it's worth, seatbelts are a good idea anyway.

NSPYR

5+ Year Member
The way i solved this problem with my car is that i put a seat belt buckle and pluged it into the seat belt holder. no more beeping !!!

squidmaster

pen0r squid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
best way to solve this problem:
wear a seatbelt.
seriously. Those things saved my LIFE once and I trust them with it.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ummmm....:???: why?

You are not driving around without your seatbelt on are you? :hitlol:

I'm pretty certain GETxERxDONE is correct. It's all integrated. The sensors in the seat determine the weight of the occupant so that the airbag will deploy properly in an accident. It's way more than just a "seatbelt buckled or not" switch under the seat.

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya just wear ur belt s**t i live in chicagos south subs and there were 3 seatbelt checks out here yesterday